Weekend Plans?

blackfang

Established Member
Yesterday, the wife and I drove around to check out the leaves as it is her favorite season.
20181104_160012.jpg

20181104_160204.jpg

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
My weekend has started off very shitty. My aunt passed away today at only 59, she’s had health problem all her life but got very sick the past 4 months and couldn’t hang on any longer. Saw her this morning and held her hand. She couldn’t move, talk, or open her eyes, very sad. I feel good that I got to see her before she passed but, her condition was very poor and heartbreaking. I hope she was at peace.

Not sure what I’ll be doing the rest of the weekend.

Sorry for your loss man. That's great that you could be there at the end. She's not suffering now.

earico

Established Member
One of my customers and business partners owns a 800 acre ranch about 2 hours north of Houston. So I spent the weekend there doing a little hunting. Killed 2 does an stocked up on meat. I got to process it right there on the ranch and blend my own spices for the sausage. I had the most fun I've had in a long time. Took me back to my country roots. Wife and I spent yesterday vacuum bagging all the meat.

The buck pictured was shot at the same stand I was in (in video) 2 days after I killed my last doe and had left to go home. Damn I was 2 days too early! Video was shot with my Pixel 2 phone. Great video quality for a phone IMO.

IMG_20181109_114836.jpg
IMG_20181110_144407.jpg
IMG_20181109_190905.jpg
15789.jpeg
IMG_20181111_182126.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
One of my customers and business partners owns a 800 acre ranch about 2 hours north of Houston. So I spent the weekend there doing a little hunting. Killed 2 does an stocked up on meat. I got to process it right there on the ranch and blend my own spices for the sausage. I had the most fun I've had in a long time. Took me back to my country roots. Wife and I spent yesterday vacuum bagging all the meat.

The buck pictured was shot at the same stand I was in (in video) 2 days after I killed my last doe and had left to go home. Damn I was 2 days too early! Video was shot with my Pixel 2 phone. Great video quality for a phone IMO.

View attachment 1528299 View attachment 1528302 View attachment 1528301 View attachment 1528300 View attachment 1528303
I was a little confused for a second when I saw the 2nd picture. I thought, wait, they're hunting long-horns...that ain't too tough! :D

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

That's something I need to do. I think just about everyone I know hunts and I've never been.

earico

Established Member
I was a little confused for a second when I saw the 2nd picture. I thought, wait, they're hunting long-horns...that ain't too tough! :D

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Man standing that close to those bulls was a majestic experience. The pics just don't do it justice.

That's something I need to do. I think just about everyone I know hunts and I've never been.

Honestly I had never been either. You would think that growing up in Alabama I would have deer hunted before. I spent most of my time back then fishing instead. I've always loved deer meat and I have always been a good shot. The coolest thing for me was being able to process my own meat. You should start going at least once a year to stock up your freezer. That's going to be my plan from now on.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

View attachment 1528299 View attachment 1528302 View attachment 1528301 View attachment 1528300 View attachment 1528303
I really need to get into a deer stand. I haven't had the opportunity. I haven't even touched my hunting gear this year.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just got done checking the SD card in my game camera. I'm hoping their pattern changes. Lotta deer but they're all coming through at around 1:00 in the morning.
I'm in "la-la land" at that time. lol

I really need to get into a deer stand. I haven't had the opportunity. I haven't even touched my hunting gear this year.
A guy I work with just started on Friday. He was out on a vacation day today and out there again.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
For some reason the game warden isn't fond of hunting at 1am.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
If I was not an ethical hunter, I could easily get away with it out heeyah. No game wardens have the time for this area and I "kinda" know the local police chief.

There are plenty of deer around here because of the agricultural area and lack of natural predators. A $26 license will get you 1 buck deer up North. My $26 license gets me 1 buck and 2 does and I can take as many extra does as I want for $2 each in additional license fees.

I'm in "la-la land" at that time. lol
Ditto.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Whoa ... Very nice!! wow.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
If I was not an ethical hunter, I could easily get away with it out heeyah. No game wardens have the time for this area and I "kinda" know the local police chief.

There are plenty of deer around here because of the agricultural area and lack of natural predators. A $26 license will get you 1 buck deer up North. My $26 license gets me 1 buck and 2 does and I can take as many extra does as I want for $2 each in additional license fees.

Ditto.

I just paid $78 ****ing for one whitetail tag.....fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread