Weekend Plans?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Heading to the local race track to watch my 4 year old nephew defend his title from last year's Power Wheels race.

Skip to :40
Here is his setup for this year. Modded 24v Lightning McQueen car, Harley F250 hauler and custom trailer. He LOVES towing stuff.View attachment 1524275

Sent from my LG-LS998 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That's awesome.

As I mentioned, my 4 year old nephew Christopher (he will be turning 4 Christmas Eve) competed in the annual Halloween Howler Power Wheels race at one of our local tracks this past weekend.
Last year (youtube link in my quite above) he smoked the competition and easily took first place.
This year we were all a bit more worried. We used different tires, and brought a third battery (36v!) just in case we thought it was needed.
There was one other car that looked like stiff competition (the gray Lightning McQueen car in this year's vid, below). We sent someone from our group over to snoop around a bit, and he ended up talking to the driver (about 5 years old). He said "I have 2 batteries, I already won 3 races and today will be #4."
We regrouped and considered adding the third battery, but opted not to due to the damp track. We figured Christopher would just spin off the line with all that juice.
Anyway, here is the result of this year's race.

I have a couple vids on my phone I'd love to share also, but dont know how to upload them to the site.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
As I mentioned, my 4 year old nephew Christopher (he will be turning 4 Christmas Eve) competed in the annual Halloween Howler Power Wheels race at one of our local tracks this past weekend.
Last year (youtube link in my quite above) he smoked the competition and easily took first place.
This year we were all a bit more worried. We used different tires, and brought a third battery (36v!) just in case we thought it was needed.
There was one other car that looked like stiff competition (the gray Lightning McQueen car in this year's vid, below). We sent someone from our group over to snoop around a bit, and he ended up talking to the driver (about 5 years old). He said "I have 2 batteries, I already won 3 races and today will be #4."
We regrouped and considered adding the third battery, but opted not to due to the damp track. We figured Christopher would just spin off the line with all that juice.
Anyway, here is the result of this year's race.

I have a couple vids on my phone I'd love to share also, but dont know how to upload them to the site.
That's very cool.

Try Vimeo to upload yer other videos.

vortecd

Established Member
Looks like the rain is going to hold off with the temps in the mid 40's going to US 131 for their last track day. I will be running the '18 Challenger R/T looking for a 12 second pass. Only was able to get 1 clean run in a few weeks ago easing into the gas so it wouldn't spin on 87 octane and ran 13.15. I have 93 in it along with 2 different size drag radials to try. Also will try pulling the air filter on a some runs. It is test and tune and I'm looking for DATA!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I think it's supposed to ****ING rain AGAIN this Saturday!!!! :mad:
I want to drive my car. Hopefully this Sunday if the weather cooperates and the roads are dry.
The news this morning said yuos guys was getting hammahd.

Supposed to staht raining here very soon. I'm debating takin' the Terminator out for one last drive and then putting it to bed for the Wintah. It doesn't look like we'll see the sun for the next week and it's gonna be off and on rain/snow.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
1CD1F156-DBAA-493D-BE3F-F8D6EC1E7EA4.jpeg
Adjusting the camber on the GT this morning and adjusting the coilover height before putting the new MPSS on the front.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, is a private track rental and my 12 year old gearhead daughter is coming with me. We have about 90 cars signed up so it should be a blast. Cold and rainy here now but supposed to stop very soon and be dry through Sunday with a high near 60. Fingers crossed. I’m running the GT hoping for a sub-12.5 run. Ran 12.76 before the time none stock. Stock tire tune-only car. My buddy is bringing his ‘69 Scrambler that has run 12’s with a previous owner so he’s hoping to work into the 12’s with it. First time at the track with it for him.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The news this morning said yuos guys was getting hammahd.
Supposed to staht raining here very soon. I'm debating takin' the Terminator out for one last drive and then putting it to bed for the Wintah. It doesn't look like we'll see the sun for the next week and it's gonna be off and on rain/snow.
Yeahhhh buddy!
I'm so sick of this weather!! lol Sucks out your way as well I see.

View attachment 1526461 Adjusting the camber on the GT this morning and adjusting the coilover height before putting the new MPSS on the front.
Bad ass car!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Bad ass car!

Thanks Tones - he has always liked the Scramblers and finally found a solid driver that just so happens to have been raced for many years. So he cleaned it up and is bringing it out of retirement. I’m looking forward to seeing it in action.

Also hope my tune and limiter being raised helps my ET. No more bouncing off the limiter at the stripe!

Next year my ‘66 will be track ready. That’s when the fun really starts!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
View attachment 1526461 Adjusting the camber on the GT this morning and adjusting the coilover height before putting the new MPSS on the front.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, is a private track rental and my 12 year old gearhead daughter is coming with me. We have about 90 cars signed up so it should be a blast. Cold and rainy here now but supposed to stop very soon and be dry through Sunday with a high near 60. Fingers crossed. I’m running the GT hoping for a sub-12.5 run. Ran 12.76 before the time none stock. Stock tire tune-only car. My buddy is bringing his ‘69 Scrambler that has run 12’s with a previous owner so he’s hoping to work into the 12’s with it. First time at the track with it for him.

I want to know more about the SC/Rambler!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm getting my weekend work done now since it's supposed to rain for 4 days starting Thursday. Trimmed all of the trees after work today...doubled the size of the brush pile.

I'll cut the grass/mulch leaves tomorrow for the last time this year.

This weekend I'll put fresh batteries in the game camera's, check the SD cards, clean the house and debate whether or not to put the Terminator away for the Wintah. View attachment 1525759

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
I see a bonfire ready to party.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Welp, because comcast sucks I can't work on my project that I'm supposed to present on Tuesday and have football on in the background while doing it.

Currently trying to work on python code without help from the internet

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Just got this a minute ago....I think he’s ready...dang pic is giving me fits...

Such a damn newb with pics - if I don’t load them right from my phone I’m screwed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread