Week two of having the Vortech on my '12 - Completely unhappy...

Cos

Established Member
nice numbers man, at what psi is that ?

and can someone explain to me what pegged does and means ?

thanks.

Pegged means that the fuel system cannot provide anymore fuel, even if it should be, and the MAF cannot read anymore air flow, even if the intake is taking more in.

Personally not a state I would want to leave my car in.

Scotty07

Loser
Established Member
I too agree that there is no way a car should be returned dirty or damaged, even if used for R&D. There are plenty of ways to protect it both inside and out.

The end result should reflect extremely well on the company, because the end result has their name on it. If they don't take the time to protect the car to ensure no wear or damage; if they don't take the time to install the unit immaculately; if they don't take the time to ensure it runs perfectly; and if they don't bend over backwards to remedy any issues that may pop up, then that is a direct reflection on the overall quality of their operation.

JerryC

Established Member
If this is the way they do the work that you can see, what is their work like that you can't see ?

KenB

Established Member
FYI, the meter does not peg at the same spot across all kits/brands. It has a lot to do with MAF placement.

For instance, the Procharger has a very good location for a lot of headroom.

Lund just made 1029 rwhp on a Procharger with the stock MAF.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
FYI, the meter does not peg at the same spot across all kits/brands. It has a lot to do with MAF placement.

For instance, the Procharger has a very good location for a lot of headroom.

Lund just made 1029 rwhp on a Procharger with the stock MAF.

Thanks for clearing this up for me Ken, that car and a few others were making more power with the stock MAF and still weren't pegging it out. That's what had me curious. Great info to know.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
you shouldve contacted them before publicly venting your frustration. at least then they could have had a chance to make good on any concerns or issues you may have had. instead you basically bashed them publicly first. so now it doesnt really matter if they help you out or not since you have already tried to tarnish their reputation, there will still be people not wanting to deal with them. everyone makes mistakes and you should be a man and discuss with the person the problem and give them the chance to right those mistakes before just bashing them like they did it on purpose. and to everyone who immediately jumps to bash along , remember were getting one side and we dont know details. you cant assume this info is 100% accurate.

sucks if you had a bad experience, it happens, no shop/company is perfect, its happened to me so i started doing everything myself then i can only be mad at myself

just my 2 cents

i have a t-trim kit to install on my 2012 and theres alot to it. so hopefully i dont fudge it.lol

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
you shouldve contacted them before publicly venting your frustration. at least then they could have had a chance to make good on any concerns or issues you may have had. instead you basically bashed them publicly first. so now it doesnt really matter if they help you out or not since you have already tried to tarnish their reputation, there will still be people not wanting to deal with them. everyone makes mistakes and you should be a man and discuss with the person the problem and give them the chance to right those mistakes before just bashing them like they did it on purpose. and to everyone who immediately jumps to bash along , remember were getting one side and we dont know details. you cant assume this info is 100% accurate.

sucks if you had a bad experience, it happens, no shop/company is perfect, its happened to me so i started doing everything myself then i can only be mad at myself

just my 2 cents

i have a t-trim kit to install on my 2012 and theres alot to it. so hopefully i dont fudge it.lol

Fairly positive he mentioned that he tried to contact them before going public, but the fact they are obviously ignoring him is reason enough to post about it. I'm not a big vortech fan regardless, let alone centri, but they are obviously lacking in the customer service and quality department.

Shaun@AED

Technically the meter is not 'pegged', it's simply reading beyond the top cell in the Maff curve. Therefore no fuel correction based on airflow will be applied.

If others are running more air thru the same tube diameter and stock Maff, we can probably rescale the entire curve for more resolution at high RPM/Power, however I've not yet played with this. Very few tuners have done setups that extreme.
Worst case Pro-M sells a unit that will get the job done.

SVTPete83

Established Member
The OP did try to get a hold of vortech. Both about the idle problems and issues to the car. Whether they are at sema or not emails should be checked. Any reputable company would be in the very least responding to an email. I have my cobra at a shop getting a new motor and the builder gets back to me usually by the next morning no matter what i am emailing him about. Customer service is half the game. It just seemed to me they felt they were done with his kit and that was it. I have to say the OP put an s trim on my 96 cobra last year. He isn't a pro shop and Had my car looking better than when I dropped it off. Overall pretty disappointed in vortech

kingnut

Established Member

just my 2 cents

almost everything is public knowledge these days. hopefully with the OP posting this online Vortech will get their shit together and not make the same mistakes. either that or just offer their SC kit for the 5.0 for $2499 shipped to all svtp members. the latter would be my suggestion.

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I emailed Vortech on Sunday once again assuming that maybe none of my last 3 emails I sent them were delivered and I still have not gotten a response.

Users who are viewing this thread