Week two of having the Vortech on my '12 - Completely unhappy...

SicShelby09

Banned
If they used a paying customer's car for R&D they should have gone above and beyond taking care of you and the car IMO. I've had my share of bad experiences with shops and dealerships with my Terminator, so I know how you feel.

Here's my recent experience with Kenne Bell Superchargers.

I only had 400 miles on my 2012 Boss when KB contacted me about using it for R&D of one of their blowers.

I decided to drive the car to CA from TX so I could see the facility and meet the folks who were going to be tearing apart my brand new car and voiding my warranty. :D

I got there to find hotel reservations made and paid for. I was introduced to the staff at KB and taken out to dinner. The next day, I was handed a VIP packet for the NMRA race that weekend, paying nothing out of pocket to race the car. I got a tour of the KB facility and a ride to the airport when it was time to go! It was a wonderful experience and my mind was at ease about leaving the car there for as long as they needed it.

KB had my car for about 2 months. I was given progress updates pretty much weekly, pics showing the progress and the steps they took to protect the car. EVERYTHING, inside and outside, was covered! If you look at the article about it in the Dec issue of MM&FF, you can see how the car was wrapped to protect it while they worked.

When I got the car back, I didn't find a single nick or scratch on it or even a piece of lint inside the car. The actual blower install was immaculate and the car ran like a champ! They returned every single stock part that they removed, including the metal piece they had to cut out of the fenderwell for the intake pipe! Everything was neatly wrapped, boxed and labeled. As a bonus, there was a brand new Centerforce DYAD twin disc clutch with a note saying that I would probably be needing it. :rolling:

This is how you should have been treated.

You lucky bastard. I just looked at that article when I was taking a shit this morning. I hate you.......
:rockon:

beave

Established Member
If they used a paying customer's car for R&D they should have gone above and beyond taking care of you and the car IMO. I've had my share of bad experiences with shops and dealerships with my Terminator, so I know how you feel.

Here's my recent experience with Kenne Bell Superchargers.

I only had 400 miles on my 2012 Boss when KB contacted me about using it for R&D of one of their blowers.

I decided to drive the car to CA from TX so I could see the facility and meet the folks who were going to be tearing apart my brand new car and voiding my warranty. :D

I got there to find hotel reservations made and paid for. I was introduced to the staff at KB and taken out to dinner. The next day, I was handed a VIP packet for the NMRA race that weekend, paying nothing out of pocket to race the car. I got a tour of the KB facility and a ride to the airport when it was time to go! It was a wonderful experience and my mind was at ease about leaving the car there for as long as they needed it.

KB had my car for about 2 months. I was given progress updates pretty much weekly, pics showing the progress and the steps they took to protect the car. EVERYTHING, inside and outside, was covered! If you look at the article about it in the Dec issue of MM&FF, you can see how the car was wrapped to protect it while they worked.

When I got the car back, I didn't find a single nick or scratch on it or even a piece of lint inside the car. The actual blower install was immaculate and the car ran like a champ! They returned every single stock part that they removed, including the metal piece they had to cut out of the fenderwell for the intake pipe! Everything was neatly wrapped, boxed and labeled. As a bonus, there was a brand new Centerforce DYAD twin disc clutch with a note saying that I would probably be needing it. :rolling:

This is how you should have been treated.

WOW, now that is top notch!

scotmach

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the slob that did the install!! I got screwed myself by having a dyno tune done by a shop in CT which the tune was never even close and the ecm would kick it out. So I had to pay anyway because I was 2hrs from home and this guy wouldnt let my car leave the shop without a payment for labor.

This so called tuner wasn't from Waterbury by any chance were they?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry to hear about your car. There is no reason to be careless with someone elses car. Seems like I just read another thread on someone not happy with KB. Seems like the power adder industry is losing it.

5pointslo

Established Member
I wonder when someone from vortech will chime in. Unless they don't have accounts on here. Haha

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Man... Posts like this make me sick. To all of you who said R&D is excuse enough for a ruined interior and shoddy tune, I say you're crazy. The man had to pay for the blower, granted he got the discount, but this wasn't Leroy down the street doing the install in his dirty ass garage. This is a professional company. I feel for you man, I really do. Especially because I have the white stitching in the leather and I sometimes wish it was black because I am so scared of getting it dirty. Paint chips = wear and tare? C'mon man, thats just BS. If R&D departments like this are representing the company, they need to have the same quality and care that goes into their company's product. This is just sad.

5PointO

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the damage to the car. It sucks!

I can sympathize with you on the frustration. But in all honesty you left your car with them for reasearch and development of a product.

:fm:

What a load of bollox!
That's all I have to say with regards to that.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The finished product/R&D show car should not be below the standards of the production product, it should go above and beyond. Stupid. If I was looking into that kit and contacted the OP, and saw how they had done the install etc, by the very people who made it, I'd say they can go to hell. They should be doing the best job out of anyone.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
The finished product/R&D show car should not be below the standards of the production product, it should go above and beyond. Stupid. If I was looking into that kit and contacted the OP, and saw how they had done the install etc, by the very people who made it, I'd say they can go to hell. They should be doing the best job out of anyone.

Thank you! You hit the nail in the head.

Kimcobra

Established Member

I have to agree with you. If it was me and putting my product out there the car would have been spotless, You have a car for 2 months and leave shit loose and dirty?? What does that say about your product?? I really don't know what is worse the fact the techs work sucked or the guy overseeing the project let the car leave in that condition..

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Thanks for all your comments everyone, Vortech still has not responded to my emails. I did get the car retuned at AED in Shingle Springs, CA yesterday and Shaun was able to correct their faulty programming so the car idles perfectly and is MUCH smoother. The car put down 625hp/491tq with a maxed out fuel system and pegged MAF.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Hey man I was going to suggest diluting some bleach with some water and carefully using a qtip with this to clean your dirty stitching. Worth a shot. Be careful you dont ruin other parts of the seat with the bleach though.
Just a thought.

JerryC

Established Member
Good to hear it running the way iot should now. Awesome power numbers too.
Did you back it down to give you a little safety zone versus running at the edge of capacity for the fuel system?

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Good to hear it running the way iot should now. Awesome power numbers too.
Did you back it down to give you a little safety zone versus running at the edge of capacity for the fuel system?

Yeah the rev limit is set low and its completely safe.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the damage to the car. It sucks!

:fm:

What a load of bollox!
That's all I have to say with regards to that.

I wouldn't leave my car with a group of people that I haven't gotten to know on a personal basis and know how they operate for a good amount of time. True, they should have at least offered or taken the initiative to go ahead and get it fixed. I would be irate if I got my car back if it's in such bad of condition as what he is saying. But then again I wouldn't let my car be a test mule because I know how some shops can be with stuff that they don't own. Its not their 30-40 thousand dollar car. Knowing that parts are going to be on and off the cars can you not expect wear on the bumper where it contacts other parts? Either way you look at it, it was irresponsible of them not to fix those things. But it is always a gamble when you leave your car in someone elses hands whether it is for R&D or for those of you that have your vehicles maintained by a shop or dealership.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Thanks for all your comments everyone, Vortech still has not responded to my emails. I did get the car retuned at AED in Shingle Springs, CA yesterday and Shaun was able to correct their faulty programming so the car idles perfectly and is MUCH smoother. The car put down 625hp/491tq with a maxed out fuel system and pegged MAF.

Glad to hear that you got running well, very impressive numbers! That's strange to hear that they said the MAF pegged. I haven't heard a case of this yet.

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I wouldn't leave my car with a group of people that I haven't gotten to know on a personal basis and know how they operate for a good amount of time. True, they should have at least offered or taken the initiative to go ahead and get it fixed. I would be irate if I got my car back if it's in such bad of condition as what he is saying. But then again I wouldn't let my car be a test mule because I know how some shops can be with stuff that they don't own. Its not their 30-40 thousand dollar car. Knowing that parts are going to be on and off the cars can you not expect wear on the bumper where it contacts other parts? Either way you look at it, it was irresponsible of them not to fix those things. But it is always a gamble when you leave your car in someone elses hands whether it is for R&D or for those of you that have your vehicles maintained by a shop or dealership.

Their is a huge difference between wear and damage, my car was damaged. I didn't imagine that their would be damage from this because of the size of the company. I thought they would have professionals installing the blower and have a competent tuner. I was contacted by several other shops that wanted to use my car for testing, I didn't go for the other offers because they were small time shops and I knew they would damage it.

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Glad to hear that you got running well, very impressive numbers! That's strange to hear that they said the MAF pegged. I haven't heard a case of this yet.

I know of a few other guys with vortechs and other blow through type MAF's that are pegged just like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread