Warning to those running factory fuel pumps!

cbehr

Established Member
Was working on a remote tune for a simple smaller pulley on factory eaton and was running out of fuel. Wired up a BAP and still was running out of fuel so decided it was time to replace the tired almost 20 year old fuel pumps. Was shocked to find the fuel socks were falling apart! They were very brittle and just crumbled in my fingers. Suctioned out as many of the fine pieces from the tank as I could and am going to replace the fuel filter again.

Figured it might be good for those running factory pumps and never opened their tank to see what they could be dealing with!

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 186

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
No surprise there. That those fuel pumps made it to 20 and were never designed for alcohol in the first place is impressive though. At least you found out the easy way.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ll find out soon what mine look like when I put my return system on. My FPDC is good though on a ported/pullied Eaton with a BAP.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I was thinking of doing this but don't want to retune or mess with any of that. What are exact replacements for the factory fuel pumps?

Users who are viewing this thread