Wanting New Hunting Rifle

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
At the moment I am leaning toward the Weatherby Vanguard S2 Synthetic. A nice Leupold Vari-X 2. I am just wavering between a .270 and .243 since I have the 7mm-Mag.

I am not worried about the recoil, I have been shooting that 7mm-Mag since I was 14. I just love the .243 and it has never failed me. I have never fired more than one shot or had a deer go more than 10 yards after a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
damnit, didn't know they stopped the BDL. That sucks......I have a 700 BDL in 30-06, usually shoot thru some brush in these parts, so I like a bigger/heavier round.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Well, if you guys are encouraging him to change calibers...
Ruger American in 7.62x39 will do everything you want at shorter distances.
Best part is your hunting ammo can be had for less than $10/20.

Reeeaalllyyyyy....... hmmmmmm....... Ruger American in a super cheap and effective (closer ranger) round? Id definitely want to try it!

Though it really may be easier to get an SKS for a more.... rifle style shooting experience with 7.62x39.

All I know is that to 150 yards, whatever is in front of that 7.62 is going down and going down right now when it makes contact.

Also, totally off topic, I love my Vepr.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This thread reminds me of this song:

oArOJ.gif

GodStang

Established Member
I have been shooting a .270 since around 1990. I have a Browning Safari II BAR .270 and have killed many many deer at all different distances. Great gun. A few years back I got a Savage 110 also a .270 and it is a left handed bolt action. Also an accurate gun and does not carry the price tag of a BAR.

railroad

Established Member
Sako, Tika, or Savage, make sure to buy a model with adj trigger. All 3 will shot moa at 100 yds. Caliber, I would look at the 6.5 Creedmoor, .270 or 308. For a carry rifle, I like syn and stainless and light wt. You will not enjoy sport shooting with the 2 larger bullets, but will not notice when taking a shot.

NIXDSG

Established Member
I made a 6.8 SPC II in an ar platform, love it! 16" barrel, A1 fixed rear stock, simple MOE front stock. Soft shooter but hits hard.

NIXDSG

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I am going to go with the Weatherby Vanguard Weatherguard .270 with a Leupold VX 3i 4.5-14x50mm optic. The setup with mounts should come in under $1100 altogether.

I am still looking but will be pulling the trigger soon. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
So I am wanting to replace my current hunting rifle that I use for the majority of my local deer hunting. I have a .243 Remington that is as old as me but due to what is done to the Rifle I want to replace it, have all imperfections in the stock fixed, and put up.

I am looking for most likely another .243 as I don’t need anything bigger here plus I have a 7mm-Mag for bigger games and longer shots. When I looked on Remington’s website I noticed that they no longer make the 700 BDL.

I am wanting a synthetic stock but just do not know what to go with. I think the Remington SPS has replaced the BDL but I cannot confirm that. I want to stay bolt action.

Any recommendations?

Sent from your mom’s sex drawer using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Browning X bolt or Tikka T3

Users who are viewing this thread