Want Silicone Coolant Hoses? Step Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Update:

Spoke with the rep. today. Standard colors are: Black, blue, red, and yellow. Custom colors can be done at 15% add on per set. NO Mystichrome or clear. The explanation on clear is due to the reinforcing fabric used in the product it is only about 2% transparent and actually winds up looking milky colored. The rep. also says he typically comes in well below Samco pricewise, which neither of us have an idea on until a donor set is found.
If push comes to shove I'll buy a full set and add it into the group buy cost. They need 10 sets to begin production.

Just a little background on the co., most of their work is in the aerospace and diesel industies and the co. is based in Spain. They currently have products in motorsport including NASCAR, F1, World Rally etc., We're in very good hands here guys and they are very excited to being this project with us.

Please quote and add your name to the list in my next post if you're interested at this point and include color.

Thanks

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if they can't do mystichrome can they do something with say a metallic flake of different colors that are included in the mystichrome paint?

Update:

Spoke with the rep. today. Standard colors are: Black, blue, red, and yellow. Custom colors can be done at 15% add on per set. NO Mystichrome or clear. The explanation on clear is due to the reinforcing fabric used in the product it is only about 2% transparent and actually winds up looking milky colored. The rep. also says he typically comes in well below Samco pricewise, which neither of us have an idea on until a donor set is found.

If push comes to shove I'll buy a full set and add it into the group buy cost. They need 10 sets to begin production.

Please quote and add your name to the list in my next post if you're interested at this point and include color.

Thanks

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
interesting

so would it be all 5 pieces like this?

1. crossover tube to upper radiator
2. crossover tube to t-stat (coolant bypass hose)
3. lower radiator to t-stat
4. t-stat to oil cooler
5. t-stat to reservoir

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sorry it's solid color only.
Bah .. that sux ... do they have a color palet somewhere or is it a pick a color and as long as it is solid they can do it?

sorry about all the questions but want to be sure of the options before I jump in. Maybe I will have a set done in puke green that should look good in a mystichrome engine bay LOL

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Bah .. that sux ... do they have a color palet somewhere or is it a pick a color and as long as it is solid they can do it?

Any solid, no bowling ball metallic speckles though. :rolling:

interesting

4. t-stat to oil cooler
5. t-stat to reservoir

Atleast that many, I'm going to look under the hood tonight to see which others to add in. :thumbsup:

black 10th vert

Established Member
1. Tractionless- Black
2. 03 DSG Snake - Black or Red

You can put in for a black, or red set depending on price of course.;-) Another thing that would be cool would be to have the small hoses going to the intercooler block on the lower intake. The upper one shows, so I would want that to match. I have a braided stainless covering on those right now.

On second thought, I'm going to wait on the price before making a final commitment.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Depends on price. Have you found a donor? My car is apart and I would lend them my hoses if needed. I have to have a fusion next Thursday so I will be down for a good while.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Yeah they were cool if you had other blue stuff in your color pallet, but in my case they would clash in a big way, as I have a 10th car like you. So in my case, the only color, other than black that would be acceptable, would be the lipstick red, like the seat inserts. I would, and may consider that color, but I'm just afraid it would be too much. I'm also of the school of thought that things like hoses, and wires, should be allowed to just "disappear" into the background, and not draw your focus. Whenever I have built show cars, my main focus has always been to conceal, or re-route that stuff whenever possible, and if I couldn't, then I make it hide in plain sight.;-)
true !!!!!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
1. Tractionless- Black
3. vickerw - Red
4. SnakeBit - Black

Tractionless1

Established Member
interesting

4. t-stat to oil cooler
5. t-stat to reservoir

Yes, plus the IC hoses from reservoir to upper manifold, lower, and lower manifold to hard pipe on the passenger side. So we'll be 8 hoses in total. I now have a donor for the coolant hoses who is now checking on the IC units as well.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
what about the heater hoses? I have not delved too deeply into my engine bay since I have been out here in the dirtbox the entire time I have owned it.

TRBO VNM

1. Tractionless- Black
3. vickerw - Red
4. SnakeBit - Black
5. TRBO VNM - Black (tentative depending on price)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread