Want Silicone Coolant Hoses? Step Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC Mystic

Established Member
pics installed? what's the availability outlook on these? was it just a group buy, that would make me sad

rudycobra

Established Member
Got mine yesterday ! They look great ! My only concern now though is that they say 180 degrees on them . Yesterday watching my aeroforce it said coolant was 212 . Not sure how accurate that dam thing is though

Tractionless1

Established Member
Got mine yesterday ! They look great ! My only concern now though is that they say 180 degrees on them . Yesterday watching my aeroforce it said coolant was 212 . Not sure how accurate that dam thing is though

I'll check with the distributor on what the 180* indication is for and post back Monday as he is out of the office until then. I didn't notice on mine just threw the box in the attic. When someone installs please get pics. top and bottom side of motor. I'd like an example from all colors. Thanks!

Last edited:

timbo3282

Established Member
I got mine yesterday - THANK YOU!

Can't wait to install them - I have to wait until we close on our house 9/30 but I am going to install them shortly thereafter.

Thanks AGAIN!!!

timbo3282

Established Member
What hose clamps are everyone planning on using? I am definatley not going to go with the stock style. And I am thinking that the cheap worm type are you too. What is the gold standard hose clamp? The T-Bolt clamps from Mishimoto or the like?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
GF said mine came in the mail yesterday. haven't seen them and won't until at least Nov. a pretty stoked about them tho

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I got mine the other day and they look awesome....i'm in the same boat as some of you other guys wondering what to do for the clamps now; definitely not using stock!!!

oldmodman

Established Member
Mine were sitting on my front porch when I got home last night.

Since I ordered the only set of Yellow hoses I'll just give a little review.

They are perfect! The yellow color is a close enough match for both Zinc Yellow and Screaming Yellow that the hoses will look great in either engine compartment.

And I am in the same "don't want to use crappy clamps" boat. I'll check out the Mishimoto clamps, as well as a few others.

And for the person worried about temp ratings. The packaging says 180 degrees centigrade, which is 356 degrees F. I wonder how our cars would run with a coolant temp of 356?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Don't stress too much on the clamps guys, stock will be fine. It's the non-protected worm drive clamps where the fillets in the clamp are exposed and eat up the hose. Protected (ie wrap around) standard worm drives will be fine as well, or step up to Oetiker stepless but you need to know the exact sizes as they are not adjustible. I'll use Oetiker where I can based on the sizes I currently have and stock on the rest.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Anyone install the hoses yet? Don't forget to please post top and bottom pics. Also if you haven't left me trader feedback yet I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll return feedback to help your rating as well. :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member

From the supplier:

185degC or 365degF is the max working temperature of these silicone hoses.

BTW here's what's in stock ready to ship now, $285 shipped CONUS. PM me.

Black – 7 kits
Blue – 5 kits
Red – 4 kits
Yellow – 1 kits

Last edited:

J.Bo

Established Member
Can we just get some pics of the hoses. They don't have to be installed just some good ole close up pics and full shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread