Vmp supercharger boost

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
How much different is the shifter location? enough to require mods to the interior to get it to fit? Glad to hear it drives nicer. Not a fan of how "rugged" and unrefined feeling the stock T56 is. My only hold off on the Magnum as been the $3k price tag.
Does the viper spec T56 drive any different? or do you have to get the Magnum to get the improved driveability?

Humm no drive shaft or shifter mods? clutch fork? You sure you didn't have the viper spec? Just reading up above a couple posts it looks like the Magnum has quite a few differences.

The shifter location only requires you to "massage" the back portion of the factory cut out where the shifter comes through. Its not a huge deal. I also lined the back of the shifter with foam pad to prevent metal to metal contact with the trans tunnel. Nothing else to the car was modified and the interior is just like it was...
Theres no way a true T56 Magnum will go in without a modified driveshaft, and modified 03-04 clutch fork.

Svtcobra500

Established Member
Yea I had to get a shorter drive shaft and I don't remember doing anything to clutch fork but did have to cut the pivot ball to make it work with clutch fork.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
HELL no..... Magnum t56 :rockon:

AC / K-member / Interior staying stock for the most part...minus the Corbeau seats! :)

2013-03-30125955.jpg

2013-03-26144938.jpg

Badass man! I'm really glad to hear you're staying 6sp manual! Those seats look sick :rockon:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
What does rick car weight

My car is about 3500 plus 200 for me

Ricks (Senkak) car did not trap 140+ mph.... Im sure he will HATE me for saying that but there was a "known" timing error at the big end and everyone was trapping wayyyy more MPH then they really were. I've seen his car go 137-138 before.

I disagree with Jon(Wicked46) as my car traps 136-137 in the Florida Heat with DA well over 2500
The DA at MIR was -700 and we were the first class to run in perfect conditions. 144 does seem a bit high but I dont think it is to far off. My next run was in the afternoon(worse conditions) and I ran 138-9? Need to find the slip.

Really? He posted a vid once trapping 136 and I asked him then why was it trapping "low" from the 140+ like in his sig....I thought he said the weather was too hot. No mention of the sig trap being an "anomaly"

BTW, that is Jon guiding my burn out and being my "track bitch" LOL!!!
Ricks Cobra OSW 5-17-13 Video - YouTube

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
You guys suck, Making me want a TVS. Hopefully they do a really good black Friday sale. I hear nothing but great thing's about the TVS. :beer:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
No changes just brand new slicks, great track prep and awesome weather.
I ran four 9 second passes.
9.85 was the best.

It's funny how it works. It took me awhile to get the car into the 10s, now the only passes I make are 10 second passes. You get to the 9s and run off 4 9 second passes :rockon: Now you can say it is a 140 car too :-D

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Your 60 pick up any

There was not a substantial increase in the 60'. What I did notice was the car going straight and not wandering all over the track.
I think I was breaking the tires loose going down the track especially while power shifting.

...Sometimes it's just the little things!! :burnout:

My wife says the same thing!

It's funny how it works. It took me awhile to get the car into the 10s, now the only passes I make are 10 second passes. You get to the 9s and run off 4 9 second passes :rockon: Now you can say it is a 140 car too :-D

The chances having great weather and DA in Florida while on a track day is slim.
A lot of people got new PBs Friday night.
Sure hope I can do it again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread