Viper Power

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Any of you guys taking out Vipers? I got a buddy that might be getting a Viper soon and I want to see how much fire power I am going to need when I get my 04. Post your mods if you are.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Probably like an 02 or 03. I am not sure, I know he ain't getting a new one though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're pushing more weight (about 250 lbs.) so you'll need about 480-490 to the rear wheels IMO. And a good launch.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
CobraBob said:
You're pushing more weight (about 250 lbs.) so you'll need about 480-490 to the rear wheels IMO. And a good launch.

You calling me fat? :dw:

Lol, I actually weight 250lbs.

How fast Vipers from a roll?

vipergts281

Established Member
A roll race between a pullied Cobra and a GTS should be a close race IMO. Torque will be about the same for both cars. Cobra will probably have a little more rwhp. But the Viper is about 200 lbs. lighter.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
A roll race between a pullied Cobra and a GTS should be a close race IMO. Torque will be about the same for both cars. Cobra will probably have a little more rwhp. But the Viper is about 200 lbs. lighter.

Speaking of Vipers, have you talked to Sal (sp) lately?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
96-02 are the previous style Viper GTS's. The 2003 Viper would be a SRT-10.

So no more GTS? What exactly is the difference between GTS and SRT-10? Don't they put down the same HP?

vipergts281

Established Member
URDONE said:
So no more GTS? What exactly is the difference between GTS and SRT-10? Don't they put down the same HP?
The GTS just came back out....called a SRT Coupe. They are expensive though, sticker on one is close to $90,000.

GTS is the 96-02 Coupe Viper. SRT-10 is the 03-06 Convertible Viper. Like I said, the SRT Coupe just came out not too long ago. HP rating on the new Vipers is 510. Torque is 535. HP on the GTS's is 450.

New SRT Coupe
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/viper_srt10_coupe/

SRT-10
http://www.dodge.com/viper/index.html

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Mike K said:
Speaking of Vipers, have you talked to Sal (sp) lately?
About a month ago. I have to call him though, he called about two weeks ago, I've just been very busy and keep forgetting to get back to him.

He is going to be WAY north of 1,000 rwhp. :rockon:

vipergts281

Established Member
URDONE said:
So I would need about 40-50 rwhp to offset the weight?
You definitely need a bit more power to offset the weight. Not sure of the exact amount though.

I wouldn't even bother racing him unless you are pullied. Assuming he is a decent driver, he "should" beat a non pullied Cobra.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Subscribing.
My buddy just got an 03 Viper. It is stock, and it is his first sports car. He has only had it for a couple of months. It's tight in the ****pit, but very ergonomic feeling.

He got it because he liked the speed of my car, but now he thinks it is the fastest thing on the road.
I know I can out drive him, but not sure how I will do against that V-10.

Magazines stats:

0-60 mph in: 3.9
1/4: 12.1 seconds at 121 mph

So I would like to know some real life highway stories as well before I go talking smack.

vipergts281

Established Member
At the track, stock 96-02 Vipers run around 11.9-12.4. Of course it depends on the driver and conditions. My buddy ran 11.67 in his 01 GTS with minor bolt ons.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Subscribing.
My buddy just got an 03 Viper. It is stock, and it is his first sports car. He has only had it for a couple of months. It's tight in the ****pit, but very ergonomic feeling.

He got it because he liked the speed of my car, but now he thinks it is the fastest thing on the road.
I know I can out drive him, but not sure how I will do against that V-10.

Magazines stats:

0-60 mph in: 3.9
1/4: 12.1 seconds at 121 mph

So I would like to know some real life highway stories as well before I go talking smack.
Yeah, they are extremely tight in the c**kpit. I sat in a 03 and it wasn't the most comfortable thing. All Vipers are like that though.

I am very curious to see how you and him would do in a roll race. It will be close. Go race him and see what happens

GodStang

Established Member
Got a good friend with a 98 GTS. trying to get him to run me. I will give heads up when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread