Viper Power

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I frum rolled a stock '04 SRT/10 Viper this spring when I was making 520rwhp on my ported/pullied Eaton and beat him by about 1.5 cars. So I would say you are going to need 500+ to the wheels and traction.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I raced my friend from a roll at least 8 times and he has a 02 viper rt10. I beat him easy. until he hits the 100 shot then its even up to about 140 and he creeps away. He has cold air kit and exhaust and a tune on his car as well. A stock viper should be no problem though.

rmgtc01

Established Member
badcobra said:
I frum rolled a stock '04 SRT/10 Viper this spring when I was making 520rwhp on my ported/pullied Eaton and beat him by about 1.5 cars. So I would say you are going to need 500+ to the wheels and traction.

I am not making that, but I would like to think that driver would be considerable too. It's not that much more power to discount make up for crappy driving. My friend can't drive stick that well yet, let alone one with alot of power.
I took her to the track and I noticed that I am getting a boost hesitation while shifting and then flooring the next gear. My boost is bypassed on my tune, but I have heard our cars do this unless you speed shift it.
So, how many of you leave the gas down while shifting? I am hesitant cause I don't want to loose the rear, but I have a new set of goodyear GSD3's on there. Also with this much torque, what kind of tranny/rear issues will this cause. I would do this while racing all the time in my GT, but how safe is it on it on this car? :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
URDONE said:
You calling me fat? :dw:

Lol, I actually weight 250lbs.

How fast Vipers from a roll?
That was funny! Thankfully you knew what I meant. :lol1:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's remember that it is probably wiser to go ahead and mod your car to the extent that YOU are content with. Because there will always be someone faster, and whose to say the Viper's owner wouldn't make a mod or two change that would make him faster than you expected. And then there is the DRIVER factor. I was just never one to try to find a magic number to guarantee my success on the street. I guess it helps to think in terms of a ballpark number to compete with a particular car, but we never know what is really under the hood usually. LOL! So I say just mod your car to where you're happy and then drive the heck out of it. If you beat the Viper, great! If not, you're still having fun! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread