Viper Owners

Voltwings

Established Member
Wut....your questioning his commute to work? That's what interests you? Hahahahaha wtf

Yeah, the fact that he is saying the Viper is superior in every way, and he even daily drove his, makes it a valid question since he really didnt have that far to go in it. I don't mean any sarcasm against him when i say this, he answered my question fairly, but if you're only having to drive down the street you can say almost any car is a great DD. Context is important, you could even say a tank of gas lasted forever in your viper, but again, when you're just driving down the street...

Like i said, i have seen many first hand and youtube (smoking tire, motortrend, etc) reviews that say the Viper isnt a good DD, he said his was, i was just prodding the statement a little more.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It wouldn't be a bad DD, just kinda hard to see out of.

krt22

Established Member
Apparently there are two local ACRs (the latest and greatest) that commute in insane bay area traffic. Different folks, different strokes

apache driver

Established Member
My buddies '15 Viper has been in the shop for repairs a ton! I've driven it and was under whelmed..... It's fast an all but he had a ZR1 and it was the superior car imo... I would get a used ZR1 over a used Viper.... In fact I cancelled my ordered GT350 and am considering a low mile ZR1.

The ZR1 is a great car but I already got a H/C/I C6Z. My only complaint with my Z is it being too refined. My 03 Cobra (daily drove for 5 years until I picked my vette up) is my favorite vehicle because of how raw it is. Actually, I'm worried about a GenV viper not being raw enough for me.

Last edited:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Having driven both I can pretty much echo what has been said above. Everything about the Viper is more raw. The GT350 is definitely more every day friendly if you are looking for a car that can pull both track and daily duty. That said, I have never found my Viper to be uncomfortable, even on long drives. So either I have a higher tolerance for bad ride or am a masochist, or both.

And like has been said above, the Viper will make the GT350 seem like a fishbowl. Visibility is not the Viper's strong suit. That said, I went with a Viper. I love the rawness, and I love how it doesn't try to hide what it is. It is big, loud, flashy and wears it proudly. Absolutely love mine. Have never regretted my choice for a second.

Another point is the sound. The GT350 has a glorious sound anywhere in the rev range. The Viper on the other hand is an aquired taste (sound). Down low they sound like a cammed tractor, but I absolutely love the way they sound in the upper rev range.

And final point, if you don't like attention, don't go with a Viper. They will pull a crowd everywhere due to the rarity factor. So not the right choice if you want to be left alone.

Just depends on if you prefer comfort and daily usability or can live without electronic nannies and 'subtlety'. Either way, both are great cars, not really a losing situation however you choose.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The ZR1 is a great car but I already got a H/C/I C6Z. My only complaint with my Z is it being too refined. My 03 Cobra (daily drove for 5 years until I picked my vette up) is my favorite vehicle because of how raw it is. Actually, I'm worried about a GenV viper not being raw enough for me.

If a Viper isn't raw enough..I'm not sure what you will end up with. Step down to a Gen IV. Mine is very raw.

+1

apache driver

Established Member
If a Viper isn't raw enough..I'm not sure what you will end up with. Step down to a Gen IV. Mine is very raw.

+1

Maybe I just need to pick up a 427 Cobra Replica. :burnout: I've been looking at the Gen IV ACR's but they are hard to come bye. I'm currently looking at a Venom Red Metallic Gen IV ACR but not sure I like the color.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe I just need to pick up a 427 Cobra Replica. :burnout: I've been looking at the Gen IV ACR's but they are hard to come bye. I'm currently looking at a Venom Red Metallic Gen IV ACR but not sure I like the color.

Assuming at Viper Exchange? I haven't see that one in person, but I've seen the color. Not my favorite.

If I were to get another one, Premier Motorsports has a 2009 grey/black one that's good looking.

If you'd like to talk to them, I can get you in touch with someone that will get you a great deal.

apache driver

Established Member
Assuming at Viper Exchange? I haven't see that one in person, but I've seen the color. Not my favorite.

If I were to get another one, Premier Motorsports has a 2009 grey/black one that's good looking.

If you'd like to talk to them, I can get you in touch with someone that will get you a great deal.

Oh, I should of said it has to be red or black. I've seen that Venom Red Metallic ACR on Viper exchange. Looks amazing indoors, but that color looks bland in the outdoor pictures. Have you seen that color out in the sunlight?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, I should of said it has to be red or black. I've seen that Venom Red Metallic ACR on Viper exchange. Looks amazing indoors, but that color looks bland in the outdoor pictures.

Agree.

That's why I went with red and black. :beer:

DSC06107_zpsrvqs9yhl.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh, I should of said it has to be red or black. I've seen that Venom Red Metallic ACR on Viper exchange. Looks amazing indoors, but that color looks bland in the outdoor pictures. Have you seen that color out in the sunlight?

yes, it is not a nice color

svt1111

Established Member
Color choice is in the eye of the beholder, but mine is Venom Red and it looks stunning in the sun. Has a nice metallic base in it. On cloudy days or in the evening, it's kinda bland looking, just looks like dark red. Everyone who's seen mine in person has commented on how much they like the color, which makes me laugh as its statistically the least popular Gen IV Viper color, and the most prolific ironically enough, lol.

I'd post a picture on mine but my phone that had my Viper pics had an accident with a wall and my new phone is devoid of any decent ones.

apache driver

Established Member
I was offered a deal on a Cherry Torch Red 2015 3lz A8 Z06 that I just couldn't turn down. Pick it up this Saturday. Probably only gonna keep it for a couple years, hopefully by than the Gen V ACR will be more in my price range because that is what I really want. Dealers pictures aren't that great, but I attached a couple anyways.

12098299555x650.jpg

12098299067x650.jpg

Attachments

• 12098299193x650.jpg
    12098299193x650.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 173

Users who are viewing this thread