Viper Owners

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I owned a 2013 Viper. I don't own a GT350 currently, but I can tell you the Viper will be superior in every single possible way. I DD my Viper too, put around 6k miles on it during the time I owned it. The only downside of the Viper was the visibility was really bad.

93oh

Established Member
I have one but 2013 up no. And I'd imagine based on 2006 Coupe you'd be hard pressed to buy a more ferocious 2 seater. The 2006 is amazing and fast and special, 2013 more power and best interior. Heard earlier ones had few issues so check it out. The GT 350 can be driven daily and has room but not a comparison for Viper. Want a weekend toy but need room GT 350, track weapon with good power and two seats with wow factor Viper.

krt22

Established Member
I owned a 2013 Viper. I don't own a GT350 currently, but I can tell you the Viper will be superior in every single possible way. I DD my Viper too, put around 6k miles on it during the time I owned it. The only downside of the Viper was the visibility was really bad.

I own a GT350 (no viper) and can assure you the voodoos sound and rev characteristics are superior in every single way possible. I don't DD the car but it sure looks nice in the garage. The only real down side is finding an R allocation at a decent price, so I had to settle for the track pack.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My buddies '15 Viper has been in the shop for repairs a ton! I've driven it and was under whelmed..... It's fast an all but he had a ZR1 and it was the superior car imo... I would get a used ZR1 over a used Viper.... In fact I cancelled my ordered GT350 and am considering a low mile ZR1.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I own a GT350 (no viper) and can assure you the voodoos sound and rev characteristics are superior in every single way possible. I don't DD the car but it sure looks nice in the garage. The only real down side is finding an R allocation at a decent price, so I had to settle for the track pack.

I am one of those weirdos who likes how the Viper sounds. The Gen V sounds different compared to the previous gens. I had no issues with my 2013 and it was an early build too

Voltwings

Established Member
I DD my Viper too, put around 6k miles on it during the time I owned it.

Not looking to start trouble, and not that i dont believe the viper could be DDable to some, but i have a problem with this statement. Maybe its because i live in Houston and its not uncommon to work on the other side of town, but typically cars that are DD are seeing a heck of a lot more than 6k miles. My commutes have generally been between 45 minutes to an hour and generally with a fair bit of traffic, averaging around 22k-25k miles a year. I dont doubt the Viper is an incredible car, i would love to own one, but with a straight face can you tell me it would be good in those conditions? A lot of people have said otherwise. Thanks.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I sold my 06 viper for my GT350. Hoping to finally get some miles on my GT350 this week as its supposed to be in the 70s in the mid atlantic. For the 18 miles I've had my 350 vs the viper, you can definitely feel the 350 is a bigger car, but its nearly as reactive and a hell of a lot more comfortable

svt1111

Established Member
My 2 cents. I own an 08 Coupe. I bought it because I wanted a raw, balls to the wall track car that would take me time to learn. I hate nannies too, and the fact this car doesn't offer any besides ABS was a plus in my buying decision.

From what I've learned in a year and a half is this: the car is reliable as all hell under EXTREME conditions. I've done several track days where the temps were in the 90's, and no temp issues whatsoever. Performance is the same after 30 minutes as it is after 10 minutes. I run in the red group so we are mostly running our cars at 10/10ths the entire session. Now, I have spun out twice last year (no nannies), the first time I was showing off, the second time I was on cooked R-comps and was trying to keep pace with a modded GTR running Hoosier full slicks. But other than that, the car is easy to learn, and more forgiving than what every one online says about them. Compared to the new Z06, the Gen 4 Viper is always faster in the straights (not by much, but the Z06 becomes a roadblock on the straights), but the Gen 4 will not out handle a new Z06 period. Either that or my driving sucks, or both, lol.

Now, the reason most Vipers have low miles is because they aren't fun on the street. They hook extremely well and are quick as all hell and the gearing makes them obnoxiously illegal if you want to do a quick 1-2-3 blast. I think a GT350 would be way more satisfying to rev out around town and less likely to hit triple digits as effortlessly. Also, Vipers draw a lot of attention, whether good or bad, you be the judge. I find it annoying most of the time. The ride sucks, picture riding in a shopping cart and that's what it's like, the car tracks every single rut in the road, the exhaust is loud, the foot wells get hot in the summer, and the visibility blows bad. BUT, the view over the long hood is almost pricelessly sexy, like looking up the skirt of a long legged woman, you know what lies under that long hood is very special and rare, and a bit old school.

If you handed me the keys to either a GT350R or a 2015 Viper, I'd take the Viper as I suspect the GT350R as a track car will exhibit a lot of the same compromises as the Viper in terms of livability, but for mostly street and occasional track? I'd take a GT350 track package instead.

Hope that helps!

PS Sorry for typos. Trying to type fast on an iPad sucks with sausage fingers

chuckstang

Established Member

how is it you can say that when you have never owned a gt350. Ridiculous comment lol

conceptmachine

Established Member
Cars are sorta like women. When I see a hot one I might get a blood fill. Well... the viper does nothing for me. Like a big boned brunette that has all the wrong attributes.

svt1111

Established Member
Cars are sorta like women. When I see a hot one I might get a blood fill. Well... the viper does nothing for me. Like a big boned brunette that has all the wrong attributes.

Haha! Says the guy with the 3900 lb car! Lol.

Kidding , I'm just kidding. That's the great thing about our hobby, and like women as you say, PLENTY of variety!

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
I hear you, it's all a matter of opinion. I've never wanted a viper, never. I did pursue a c7 z06 though but I couldn't get over the butt of the thing. The fords have been very eye catching and the performance is great, especially with some easy mods. My number 1 street car factor is beauty then performance. I just can't get past the way they look. It's for sure a aquired taste I'd say. I do like the older models a little better though!
Overall the domino's dxp is a better car lol... J/K

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
I like the way they look, its like a a big loud phallus on wheels. They exude testosterone just sitting on the curb. Add all the wings and things the ACR has and you have a flying phallus. I'd be hard pressed to pass one up if a 130k track toy was in the budget.

liter of cola

Established Member
Both are uber sexi... It really depends on what you want, as already said the viper wont be as friendly and comfortable to cruise around in on the daily but the performance the viper has is at a whole other level than the gt350. I say go for the viper unless you can get your hands on a gt350R. The gt350 will be an easier car to live with and that voodoo is a damn masterpiece, overload on the senses. The sound will make you wet your shorts.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Not looking to start trouble, and not that i dont believe the viper could be DDable to some, but i have a problem with this statement. Maybe its because i live in Houston and its not uncommon to work on the other side of town, but typically cars that are DD are seeing a heck of a lot more than 6k miles. My commutes have generally been between 45 minutes to an hour and generally with a fair bit of traffic, averaging around 22k-25k miles a year. I dont doubt the Viper is an incredible car, i would love to own one, but with a straight face can you tell me it would be good in those conditions? A lot of people have said otherwise. Thanks.

I owned My Mustang GT for a bit over a year now and only put about 5k miles on it. I have a short commute(~8 miles each way) with little traffic. So it worked for me. The clutch on the Viper is really light and it is very tolerable to drive. Again, the only downside is the visibility(sit in one and you will know what I mean) It really boils down to if you can tolerate the Viper. Would I drive the Viper with your commute? That is a bit hard to say. But with all the tech in the car, and the insanely comfortable seats, you wont have the discomfort that is derived from the previous gen Vipers. So yes I would. Also, we have winter here, so I would kill to drive a nice car year round.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got rid of my GT350 for a Viper. Haven't regretted it for a second.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Good value considering you can get one built for invoice plus 1/2 holdback and that's not even one on the floor. They are tough sells and I wouldn't say it's because of price. You can get one for 85k pretty easy. That's the same price as a Z06 and look how many they sell! It's a nice track car, for sure.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member

Wut....your questioning his commute to work? That's what interests you? Hahahahaha wtf

Users who are viewing this thread