Viper Owners

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking car.

I'm with you on the Gen V. I will have one, but I don't want to have $140k in 1 car.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
There is a good video on Youtube of a Z06 and a Viper ACR. The ACR had a large performance edge over the Z06... but as usual they complained about how brutal the Viper felt. I'm not sure why a Z51, which isn't anything special would be considered on par to a Viper, even a non ACR. I suppose if you cruise around you might not notice the difference. For that purpose the Z51 might be more comfortable, but I doubt it is a better performance car.

svt1111

Established Member
Congrats on the Z06! That's a great car and I love the A8. I hope GM has resolved the trans temp problems now as that is a killer combo for a track car. That's actually what I want, only Cyber Gray.

Any plans for the car? Pulley, tune, drag race, track days.....?

apache driver

Established Member
Congrats on the Z06! That's a great car and I love the A8. I hope GM has resolved the trans temp problems now as that is a killer combo for a track car. That's actually what I want, only Cyber Gray.

Any plans for the car? Pulley, tune, drag race, track days.....?

I already ordered a Halltech intake for it and will drop it on the stock bolts. That is all that's planned for mods right now. After I put about 10k miles on it (to verify no factory defects), I plan on pulling the stock blower off and doing a F1X Procharger set up. I'm a straight line guy (street, strip, and 1/2 mile events), but would also like to try some autocross as well.

apache driver

Established Member
There is a good video on Youtube of a Z06 and a Viper ACR. The ACR had a large performance edge over the Z06... but as usual they complained about how brutal the Viper felt. I'm not sure why a Z51, which isn't anything special would be considered on par to a Viper, even a non ACR. I suppose if you cruise around you might not notice the difference. For that purpose the Z51 might be more comfortable, but I doubt it is a better performance car.

A Gen V Viper ACR is $50K+ more than I paid for the vette. I'm well aware of both cars capabilities. How I intend to use the car, an A8 C7Z has the performance edge over an ACR. For the rest of your post, can you explain how a Z51 has any relevancy to the actual point of the discussion?

Last edited:

hognutz

Established Member
honeslty I would rather have the Z06 over the gen v viper or the GT350 so I think you made the right call ha ha.

as for people who debate the performance difference between the Gen V viper and the C7 Z06 99% of the population is not a good enough driver to push either so to me they both just perform better than I actually drive. To me at that point they both just preform pretty wicked and buy the one that makes the most sense based on budget, looks, function etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A Gen V Viper ACR is $50K+ more than I paid for the vette. I'm well aware of both cars capabilities. How I intend to use the car, an A8 C7Z has the performance edge over an ACR. For the rest of your post, can you explain how a Z51 has any relevancy to the actual point of the discussion?

The cars perform the same almost to the hundreth.

The Viper is faster around a track though. (i.e. Motortrend April 2016. Viper- 1.30.46 vs. Vette- 1.33.05 around Laguna Seca.)

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
The cars perform the same almost to the hundreth.

The Viper is faster around a track though. (i.e. Motortrend April 2016. Viper- 1.30.46 vs. Vette- 1.33.05 around Laguna Seca.)

My dad has a C7z that i have driven in anger once or twice. While it is an incredible machine, the ACR really got it right with the giant wing, the Z06s spoiler just creates massive amounts of drag for not really creating that much down force. It is still an incredible machine, but i dont doubt the viper is "better." That being said, the z06 is so tame in touring mode with the magnetic ride that if i blind folded you and told you that you were driving a v6 mustang you would believe me. It really is incredible.

apache driver

Established Member
My dad has a C7z that i have driven in anger once or twice. While it is an incredible machine, the ACR really got it right with the giant wing, the Z06s spoiler just creates massive amounts of drag for not really creating that much down force. It is still an incredible machine, but i dont doubt the viper is "better." That being said, the z06 is so tame in touring mode with the magnetic ride that if i blind folded you and told you that you were driving a v6 mustang you would believe me. It really is incredible.

That's why I bought a stage 1 aero C7Z. The drag coefficient is lower than a C6 Zr1 and a Gen V Viper.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
20160310_174339.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man I'm ready haha

I just ordered a Gen V steering wheel for mine. That way I can close my eyes and pretend I'm driving a Gen V.

krt22

Established Member
An A8 C7Z with stage 1 aero is faster straight line. The Viper is definitely faster when turns are involved.

THis is assuming you have the skill and testicular fortitude to actually pilot the car at its limits. A large majority of folks would have their lunch in their laps if they did a ride along for a sub 1:35 lap at laguna. In which case the fast car is the one with the better driver :coolman:

apache driver

Established Member
An A8 C7Z with stage 1 aero is faster straight line. The Viper is definitely faster when turns are involved.

THis is assuming you have the skill and testicular fortitude to actually pilot the car at its limits. A large majority of folks would have their lunch in their laps if they did a ride along for a sub 1:35 lap at laguna. In which case the fast car is the one with the better driver :coolman:

I've got 60+ jumps out of a perfectly good aircraft as an 11BV2B4 and 2500 hours of combat time PILOTING an AH-64D over 4 deployments in Iraq so spare me the tough guy sh*t Junior. Can you articulate how laguna times are relevant to my post of a stage 1 aero Z being faster straight line than an ACR?

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
#6 poster brought up a Z51

krt22

Established Member
I've got 60+ jumps out of a perfectly good aircraft as an 11BV2B4 and 2500 hours of combat time PILOTING an AH-64D over 4 deployments in Iraq so spare me the tough guy sh*t Junior. Can you articulate how laguna times are relevant to my post of a stage 1 aero Z being faster straight line than an ACR?
Easy chief! It wasnt a personal jab at your or your manhood.

You mentioned the viper being faster in the turns. My point was that its largely a wash for 99 out of 100 drivers. Too many people nit-pick over magazine lap times when comparing cars when they can't recreate those lap times themselves (myself included)

apache driver

Established Member
Easy chief! It wasnt a personal jab at your or your manhood.

You mentioned the viper being faster in the turns. My point was that its largely a wash for 99 out of 100 drivers. Too many people nit-pick over magazine lap times when comparing cars when they can't recreate those lap times themselves (myself included)

I apologize for misinterpreting your post brother. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread