Video of my C6 Z06 - Cam/Longtubes dyno and first startup/idle

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I went on and had a cam and LG longtube headers installed on my C6 Z06. The car was tuned by Cody@Stang-Hi Performance (SHP) and parts were installed by Doug Kenyon. Its night and day faster and pulls non-stop. It made 530hp/484tq corrected. On a cold day it should be more like 550rwhp and 500rwtq. The car was dynotuned in 100* weather and had a couple pulls prior to the final pull so there was not a whole lot of time for it to cool off. I'll post videos soon with some wide open throttle pulls, more idling and take off/cruising vids. Also future races will be recorded and posted on YouTube.

Mods: LG G7X3 Cam, LG 1-7/8 SuperPro Longtube headers, Vararam RAI, Comp valve springs, pushrods, ti retainers, seats and seals, C5R Timing chain, crank bolt, TR6, HP tuners.
The mufflers are stock, however, they have been modified. I also have the mild to wild unit installed on it and am playing with the remote in the start-up video. Its addicting and very sneaky because it quiets the car down tremendously on the streets and no one would ever suspect that it has nearly a 100 more hp than stock. ;-)

Dyno Video
[youtube_browser]uY_k99iqj9s&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube_browser]

First start-up / idle video with cam after installation.
[youtube_browser]QxXm4FA9Oas&feature=relmfu[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Why does he have the straps like that on the front tires?

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Congrats. I've got a RR lethal cam, WCCH P&P heads, fast 102mm intake, NW102mm TB, Kooks longtubes, Halltech FG102 CAI, Katech LS9R clutch, along with a few other goodies on my C6Z. It's a monster compared to stock, enjoy!

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Probably because we didnt want the car ending up in the parking lot. Ever strapped a car to a dyno? Well wait..nevermind, the car is only making 200hp so its not needed.

Might wanna cool down there big guy. Pretty sure he asked that because the usual way of strapping the front end down on the dyno is from below using the control arms. Strapping the wheels from the outside like that isn't exactly standard thus why he was probably confused. Nice car but no need to be a douche to the first person who asks a question.

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
sounds disgusting! in a good way of course. man i wish i could swing a couple hundred more a month to afford the monthly payment of 1

Z28

Established Member
Sounds wicked! I love how the mild-to-wild is such an instant change. My cut-out has the same effect but it opens slower. I'm sure it's a blast to drive!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Might wanna cool down there big guy. Pretty sure he asked that because the usual way of strapping the front end down on the dyno is from below using the control arms. Strapping the wheels from the outside like that isn't exactly standard thus why he was probably confused. Nice car but no need to be a douche to the first person who asks a question.

Calm? No one is being a douche. Don't try to escalate some sort of nonsense here with your .02 that no one asked for.
If you knew any better, strapping the car to my front a arms would have pulled up on my front cap. If you had a lowered vette or owned a dyno, you'd know. Don't post anymore.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm stoked about the set up...its pretty extreme. :burnout:

Last edited:

t01lightning

Established Member
Sounds great numbers are way low even hot. I would not let stang hi touch my lawn mower and they got caught selling so call custom tunes that were box stock sct ones. My friends car in LA makes 575 to the wheels intake cam exhaust etc. and now 600 with slight port work.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Sounds amazing, man! Enjoy! How does that now compare (acceleration wise) to your KB Cobra?

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Sounds even better through my computer speakers than my iphone speakers when you sent me the video bro! congrats again, she is a bad MO FO!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i have almost the same setup as yours...im running the corsas with an offroad x though....i have the G7 cam aswell and the lg headers and x pipe.....i originally had the B+B Bullits and let me tell you never get those...the drone inside the car at highway speed is rediculous, i wanted to jump out of the car.....heres a clip of mine after the winter startup....with the package installed and just a 305/35/18 drag radial i finally managed my first 10 sec pass 10.89...was super happy bout that.....still running stock heads unported,stock intake and throttle body aswell...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzBedcqb0d4"]C6Z06 Startup After Winter Storage - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Doug@bamachips

Are you really trying to say there is a difference in horsepower due to the way that you have strapped in the Non-driven wheels? I have tuned on the Dyno at JBA where they dint even strap the car down at all and have seen no difference at all. The reason they strap the car down using the front wheels is because of the Dynojet Dyno they use and the recommended method as per Dynojet. This prevents the car from moving on the Dyno and loosing traction on the rollers. I have a photo from actually tuning on the Dynojet located at Stang hi where I had to have people in the rear of the car to prevent it from spinning on the Dyno, gotta love a big Whipple, and truly without the straps and the additional weight the car would have spun on the Dyno and caused the numbers to be completely off. I can completely stand behind the numbers and the tunes that Stang hi releases.

As for SCT " catching" Stang hi in doing anything wrong, that's just BS. The only thing SCT has to say about Stang-Hi are good, feel free to contact ANYone there and request this information. They will gladly go over anything in question.

Thanks, Doug

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Sounds great numbers are way low even hot. I would not let stang hi touch my lawn mower and they got caught selling so call custom tunes that were box stock sct ones. My friends car in LA makes 575 to the wheels intake cam exhaust etc. and now 600 with slight port work.

You have any idea who installed all the parts on my car? You know who tuned it? Answer is no. You have no idea do you?? What have YOU personally had done from them. Low numbers? Really?? So you come on here and not only insult the business that you have no experience with but insult me and my application.

i have almost the same setup as yours...im running the corsas with an offroad x though....i have the G7 cam aswell and the lg headers and x pipe.....i originally had the B+B Bullits and let me tell you never get those...the drone inside the car at highway speed is rediculous, i wanted to jump out of the car.....heres a clip of mine after the winter startup....with the package installed and just a 305/35/18 drag radial i finally managed my first 10 sec pass 10.89...was super happy bout that.....still running stock heads unported,stock intake and throttle body aswell...

C6Z06 Startup After Winter Storage - YouTube

I just removed the bullets off my car for this setup. It droned it's ass off with stock manifolds and cats!! I have them laying around here borderline ready to list them!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Probably because we didnt want the car ending up in the parking lot. Ever strapped a car to a dyno? Well wait..nevermind, the car is only making 200hp so its not needed.
Was a simple question, wasnt being a smart ass.
Have strapped down cars on the dyno, but not like that. My Shelby is a tad lower than your C6Z in the front. Regardless, bad ass car for sure. :beer:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Car sounds sick for sure!

Why are you getting so defensive with some of the people replying or asking you questions?

Users who are viewing this thread