Video of my C6 Z06 - Cam/Longtubes dyno and first startup/idle

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You have any idea who installed all the parts on my car? You know who tuned it? Answer is no. You have no idea do you?? What have YOU personally had done from them. Low numbers? Really?? So you come on here and not only insult the business that you have no experience with but insult me and my application.

calm down hitler, there's no german beer here.

why are you getting all defensive from post #1. depending on the size of your cam, yes, your numbers ARE low. could be something, could be nothing. small cam in a c6z should be 525, medium 550, and large cam 575rwhp.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Was a simple question, wasnt being a smart ass.
Have strapped down cars on the dyno, but not like that. My Shelby is a tad lower than your C6Z in the front. Regardless, bad ass car for sure. :beer:

My car's noise is 3.5'' from the ground, your shelby must be super low. How's it ride?
Thanks for compliment.

Car sounds sick for sure!

Why are you getting so defensive with some of the people replying or asking you questions?

I started drinking and carrying on with the crew down here. I was just monitoring the thread just blasting people. We were laughing at the comments, not serious at all. I apologize if any of you were offended. I'm not an ass...just clown at times. cheers :beer:

calm down hitler, there's no german beer here.

why are you getting all defensive from post #1. depending on the size of your cam, yes, your numbers ARE low. could be something, could be nothing. small cam in a c6z should be 525, medium 550, and large cam 575rwhp.

LG isn't big on releasing their specs if I am correct. I gained 80rwhp from Longtubes and cam...thats a lot of power for just that! The car dyno'd at 449 stock and thats about average for these cars.
XE: 490-505 RWHP
X1: 495-510 RWHP
X2: 505-525 RWHP
X3: 515-540 RWHP
X4: 525-560 RWHP
X5: 540+ RWHP

The cam I have is the X3. Pretty good street cam all around drivability and for track use. I'm not trying to break records here...just want a 10 second car all motor. As far as a small cam that puts out 525rwhp...dude, some people don't make over 500-515rwhp with a cam. Read up on more info about cam'd Z06's, they run 11s out of the box and make 440-460rwhp stock. Its quite impressive to gain 80hp+ from just a cam swap and headers.

Last edited:

86cobraclone

Established Member
One thing most of you are forgeting is that every dyno is differint, I for one have been on stang his dyno and i can tell you it is set tight. The way there sopose to be, Most dyno's or set loose to make the customer happy with higher hp#s
my car on this same dyno made 40 less hp than another dynojet in the same weather and same state... go figure..........:beer:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
If you had a lowered vette or owned a dyno, you'd know.

Sorry bro, I guess I should know that the corvette's need to be strapped down that way since this is obviously a corvette site :nonono:. All I was saying was calm down, not like the guy who asked the question made some stupid comment about your car or anything. Seems like you fit the typical Corvette owner personality really well if you feel the need to jump down people's throats all because someone on a mustang forum does not know the different method needed to strap down a Corvette. :thumbsup:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
As far as a small cam that puts out 525rwhp...dude, some people don't make over 500-515rwhp with a cam. Read up on more info about cam'd Z06's, they run 11s out of the box and make 440-460rwhp stock. Its quite impressive to gain 80hp+ from just a cam swap and headers.

not many cams make 500-515rwhp. show me a cammed z06 (WITH LONGTUBES) that does that---you won't find many. i've done plenty of research on cammed z06's--i'm getting ready to pull the trigger and mod my '09. only, i'll probably spring for a bigger cam, intake, t-body, headwork, and a new clutch.

19935.slow

Established Member
**** the numbers. Don't get me wrong. 530 na via a z06 is fine, but dynos will be dynos. I see you've tracked it before, you will def be happy next time out at the track :beer:.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Sounds great.

Thank you sir!

Very nice work guys. :beer:

Will be more to come. :beer:

Ive never been to a dyno where the cars weren't strapped down by the front tires.

Badass car OP.

Thank you!! :beer::rockon:

not many cams make 500-515rwhp. show me a cammed z06 (WITH LONGTUBES) that does that---you won't find many. i've done plenty of research on cammed z06's--i'm getting ready to pull the trigger and mod my '09. only, i'll probably spring for a bigger cam, intake, t-body, headwork, and a new clutch.

With additional headwork and the mods you mentioned with the cam and all...should be close if not over 600rwhp n/a. You'll be PUSHING 600 with the right tune and mods.

Sorry bro, I guess I should know that the corvette's need to be strapped down that way since this is obviously a corvette site :nonono:. All I was saying was calm down, not like the guy who asked the question made some stupid comment about your car or anything. Seems like you fit the typical Corvette owner personality really well if you feel the need to jump down people's throats all because someone on a mustang forum does not know the different method needed to strap down a Corvette. :thumbsup:

You've been here since 2008 and contribute absolutely nothing to this site. Quite trying to start up a sh!t storm man.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I love the mild to wild setup. The sound difference is amazing in person. Cam sounds good, sweet ride.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Do you still have the stock manifold on the car? If so you will see some good gains with a FAST. The FAST really shows it's true potential with a bigger cam. Well worth the money and I think it would complete your mods.

That thing will pull like a MoFo on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread