Video From M5board...GT500 VS M5

CLN 6R

Established Member
Despite the weight keep in mind the M6 has aggressive gearing, 7 gears, 8,000+ redline and a super fast shifting SMG. Also keep in mind anything can happen, here is a tuned M6 making 480rwhp pulling 4-5 cars on a C6 Z06.
Why people race to those high of speeds is beyond me.

And revving to 8500 is ridiculous, I laughed at that torque "curve" (more like bellcurve) that M6 made.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I wonder if there is something going on in that Video. Cause STOCK M6 seem to run between 12.3 and 12.9. I don't see a 490WHP 3909 lb M6 doing that to a 3100lb C6Z06.

How many WHP does a STOCK M6 dyno anyway.

I think between 420-430rwhp.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M6-Timeslip-11478.html

Anyways, like I said anything can happen. The driver and or running condition of this GT500 or Z06 may not be the best. The GT500 was spinning and bogged bad going into the next gear. The C6Z seemed to lose a little ground between the shifts.

Why people race to those high of speeds is beyond me.

And revving to 8500 is ridiculous, I laughed at that torque "curve" (more like bellcurve) that M6 made.

I agree, I never go past 13Xmph, but a lot of the C6Z owners claim that's when their cars just start to wake up. In this race the C6Z was never ahead and he stayed in it until the M6 was on his brakes, (in the 2nd run at least). As for the torque, a 3.91 gear helps a lot, gotta love torque multiplication.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Theres a vid out there (I can't search since I'm at work) of a modded M6 pulling on a C6 Z06 pretty decently.

I'll have to find it when I get home

That was a bolt-on 480rwhp M6 running a bone stock 440rwhp C6Z and the M6 pulled 1 car on the Z at the top of 4th and didn't start to really pull away until the C6Z hit 5th gear, which is an overdrive gear. The M6 has 7 forward gears with it's 5th gear being a 1:1 ratio, which means it's 6th gear is a pulling gear which is why it started pulling away hard on the C6Z after 160mph and put quite a few cars on it to 200mph. But to 160, the M6 only had the C6Z by 1 car. The M6 is geared to be a highway monster but it's not match for a H/C C6Z on the highway and there's a video out there that supports my statement.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I wonder if there is something going on in that Video. Cause STOCK M6 seem to run between 12.3 and 12.9. I don't see a 490WHP 3909 lb M6 doing that to a 3100lb C6Z06.

How many WHP does a STOCK M6 dyno anyway.

There is nothing wrong with the video, I do see a "490WHP 3909 lb M6 doing that to a 3100lb C6Z06" and here's why: 0-120mph is power:weight ratio and 120mph + is power:aerodynamic ratio. C6Z has a c/d of .34 and a BMW M6 has a c/d of .32, therefore the Z06 has to use more useable power to push through the air to overcome aerodynamic drag at higher speeds than does the M6. The M6 is greatly assisted by it's gearing (torque multiplication from it's 3.91 rear axle and internal tranny gearing) which helps the M6 use less of it's useable horsepower to overcome aerodynamic drag at higher speeds.

0-120 mph, it's the C6Z all day long dragging the Bimmer in the 1/4 mile with a 7.1 P:W vs the M6's 8.1 P:W ratio

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Anyways, regardless if a H/C C6Z would have won, or what would have happened if it was 0-120mph or what would have happened if god sneezed behind the Z06 a bolt-on M6 beat a GT500 and a C6Z. :banana:

Anything can happen, that's why people race instead of give 6 million what if scenarios.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Why do you say this in every thread that a C6Z gets beat or might get beat?

fanboy.JPG

recalcitrant

Established Member
I have raced an M6 twice. Once with the M button off (killed him) and once on (he was on my bumber at the end of third). They are very nice cars. But they are heavy. I don't know much about the GT 500 but a terminator hard top with intake and exhaust would beat an M6 to 120 pretty easily. From what I understand, after 140, the M is a beast. But luckily I don't race above 140 very often!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with the video, I do see a "490WHP 3909 lb M6 doing that to a 3100lb C6Z06" and here's why: 0-120mph is power:weight ratio and 120mph + is power:aerodynamic ratio. C6Z has a c/d of .34 and a BMW M6 has a c/d of .32, therefore the Z06 has to use more useable power to push through the air to overcome aerodynamic drag at higher speeds than does the M6. The M6 is greatly assisted by it's gearing (torque multiplication from it's 3.91 rear axle and internal tranny gearing) which helps the M6 use less of it's useable horsepower to overcome aerodynamic drag at higher speeds.

0-120 mph, it's the C6Z all day long dragging the Bimmer in the 1/4 mile with a 7.1 P:W vs the M6's 8.1 P:W ratio

Do you think a .02 decrease in drag makes up for a 800lbs difference in weight?

stryker9

Established Member
If we are going to throw all that if it had a KB talk around.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGej-dAolA"]YouTube - AWD Motorsports M5.. World's Quickest & Fastest!![/ame]

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If we are going to throw all that if it had a KB talk around.
YouTube - AWD Motorsports M5.. World's Quickest & Fastest!!

Nice, that's one sick M5 I can't believe it cut a 1.5 short time with the SMG and those size wheels. :rockon:

BTW, here is just a simple bolt-on GT500. Pullied, intake, exhaust, springs, BFG drag radials. Stock motor, stock blower, stock drivetrain, etc..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoKKYn_TCG0"]YouTube - car race[/ame]

He's since gone 10.3Xs@131mph, with ET streets, and a couple more suspension bolt-ons and is shooting for 9s.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/590321-gonna-have-9s-stock-blower.html

His car runs like a raped ape on the stock blower, couldn't imagine it with a KB. :banana:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Well, from the video I can tell you the GT500 driver from the slow roll started to spin and instead of peddeling out he short shifted and dropped way low in the next gear giving the M6 a run on him. You can hear it plan as day.

Being on a few bimmer boards they are pretty pompus and anything other then a BMW is just crap. Worse then the SVT guys . . . LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread