Video From M5board...GT500 VS M5

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Fastoleguy...lmao that u signed up there...:lol:
But again if ya read a little lower he says

"i came home and did some research and i saw that with these mods this car makes from 540 up!! "

So again the guy says 600 but he means motor..Dont let me stop you though , Get em' Pitbull!
:-D

So you are saying the GT makes less than 480hp [assuming a 60hp drivetrain loss] to the wheels with a pulley CAI exhaust and a tune. :nono:

That car he raced doesn't make 540up at the wheels. And do you really think the GT 500 owner pulled the engine and put it on a engine dyno? No? :lol1:

I had a 2.6 pulley a CAI, No mufflers, a on the edge 93 0ctane tune and made 540 hp. When I changed my tune to a more conservative daily driver tune it made 510whp.

I mean who mods his car and knows what the crank hp is???? Everyone deals in AWHP.....well except for dummies who guess at their HP.

So the guy is talking about the crank hp of his M6 and crank hp of the GT 500 ...... no I don't think so.

It looks like he is talking 600+ WHP for the GT 500 and 470+ whp for the M6 if you note someone in another post in this thread even says the GT 500 should have preformed better with 130 MORE HP. The real horse power difference was probably about 40whp for the GT 500 because lots of them run 510whp with a 91 octane tune 2.6 and CAI

The bottom line is the 2006 M6 was tested by Edmunds at 12.8 sec 1/4

That's what the 2007 GT 500 ran also [12.8] IIRC. He admits the driver blew the tires off so it dosn't look like the driver was very good.

I know its painful for you to look at the facts after you brought that video in here to start trouble but your information is wrong.

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
It is an M6 with the following mods:
"im pretty heavily modded with bolt ons, i got the typhoon intake, evo sport pulley, evo sport headers, evo sport sec1,2, and evo sport stage 2 software."

Im guessing he is in the 470 whp range but it most likely has an SMG transmission which will paddle shift pretty damn fast compared to the gt500.

Exactly paddle shifters make even average drivers able to compete with a good manual shift driver. My neighbor's Galardo shifts like the wind.:lol1:

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
So you are saying the GT makes less than 480hp [assuming a 60hp drivetrain loss] to the wheels with a pulley CAI exhaust and a tune. :nono:

That car he raced doesn't make 540up at the wheels. And do you really think the GT 500 owner pulled the engine and put it on a engine dyno? No? :lol1:

I had a 2.6 pulley a CAI, No mufflers, a on the edge 93 0ctane tune and made 540 hp. When I changed my tune to a more conservative daily driver tune it made 510whp.

I mean who mods his car and knows what the crank hp is???? Everyone deals in AWHP.....well except for dummies who guess at their HP.

So the guy is talking about the crank hp of his M6 and crank hp of the GT 500 ...... no I don't think so.

It looks like he is talking 600+ WHP for the GT 500 and 470+ whp for the M6 if you note someone in another post in this thread even says the GT 500 should have preformed better with 130 MORE HP. The real horse power difference was probably about 40whp for the GT 500 because lots of them run 510whp with a 91 octane tune 2.6 and CAI

The bottom line is the 2006 M6 was tested by Edmunds at 12.8 sec 1/4

That's what the 2007 GT 500 ran also [12.8] IIRC. He admits the driver blew the tires off so it dosn't look like the driver was very good.

I know its painful for you to look at the facts after you brought that video in here to start trouble but your information is wrong.

lmao...:lol: hahahahah....Sorry to have ruffled some oledman feathers..
My numbers are always give or take , to me it was a fun run to you seems like ITS LIFE. You sir just took it as a challenge I guess and read way too much into....Again my bad to have upset you just posting a cool vid...lmao @ me "Starting trouble" hheeheh...Ive never started trouble before //Heres a stinker far ya :fart: lol...:-D

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
lmao...:lol: hahahahah....Sorry to have ruffled some oledman feathers..
My numbers are always give or take , to me it was a fun run to you seems like ITS LIFE. You sir just took it as a challenge I guess and read way too much into....Again my bad to have upset you just posting a cool vid...lmao @ me "Starting trouble" hheeheh...Ive never started trouble before //Heres a stinker far ya :fart: lol...:-D

As I thought you would do you totaly avoided the facts. :dw:

Its all good I just thought I would clear up some serious misconceptions you and your M6 friend have. If you want to go around thinking your buddy's M6 beat up on a 600+ hp Shelby go ahead and live in your ignorance. :rockon:

It actually amuses me. :lol1:

Last edited:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
While I would never say that the M6 isn't a great car, one comment on that board that stuck out to me was the "lack of engineering" comment.

Well hell. The M6 without mods is what... $90 or 100K? A GT500 is about $65K. That extra 30K buys quite a bit of engineering. I'm sure that if the GT500 was designed from the get go to be a $100K car, it would be entirely different -- much closer to the Ford GT level of performance. I'd like to see that M6 run a GT and see what happens.

That M6 is a sick car though. No denying that it blew the doors off the GT500...

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Theres a vid out there (I can't search since I'm at work) of a modded M6 pulling on a C6 Z06 pretty decently.

I'll have to find it when I get home

F8l Vnm

Established Member
As I thought you would do you totaly avoided the facts. :dw:

Its all good I just thought I would clear up some serious misconceptions you and your M6 friend have. If you want to go around thinking your buddy's M6 beat up on a 600+ hp Shelby go ahead and live in your ignorance. :rockon:

It actually amuses me. :lol1:

dude.there is no ignorance..I used to own 3 mustangs...
I know what the Cobras,Gt500 are capabale off.You just read what you wanted to read...no worries man, seems as if your pride got hurt or something. You dont need to clear anything else up bro...Have a great rest of your life..

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Theres a vid out there (I can't search since I'm at work) of a modded M6 pulling on a C6 Z06 pretty decently.

I'll have to find it when I get home

Yez Ive seen that too...
Its a stroker M6 ...5.7 L and he starts to pull the Z06 right around 140ish and slowly starts to walk away ...Very Impressive.....These cars are top end monsters...:beer

Here is a stroker vid..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9rZD-NBr8"]YouTube - BMW M6 5.7 Liter Stroker V10 564 HP Dyno Run[/ame]

Last edited:

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member

earl lee

Established Member
lol @ one of them saying the whine sounds like a power steering pump going bad.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
yeah no offense to them thinking they can do that to 600+hp shelbys, Aguy in my area with same mods makes about 530rwhp and he ran 11.3's in the 1/4 with his shelby, im sorry but a heavy m5/m6 with 490rwhp is not gonna be touching anywhere near low 11's in the 1/4

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Despite the weight keep in mind the M6 has aggressive gearing, 7 gears, 8,000+ redline and a super fast shifting SMG. Also keep in mind anything can happen, here is a tuned M6 making 480rwhp pulling 4-5 cars on a C6 Z06.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWm0rVVJys"]YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race[/ame]

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Oh here is a video of the same race inside the C6Z if you don't believe he wasn't on it the entire time..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0"]YouTube - Race 2 - Modded 2006 BMW M6 vs. Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6[/ame]

The M6 has ridiculous top end

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Not that it would have changed anything but 2 different races. Z06 in right lane race 1 and then left in race 2. Again no difference.

The M6 rules at top end but who cares if you get walked at 170 mph? That was like a damn 2 mile race

Yeah but even down low he was staying even and pulling slightly. Anyways, I'm just pointing out that even though it's heavy the gearing and other factors help it still perform well, especially when modified. I mean the C6Z is what 3100lbs @ 450-460rwhp and the M6 is 4000lbs @ 480rwhp. Just looking at the numbers on paper you would think the z06 would have won.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Despite the weight keep in mind the M6 has aggressive gearing, 7 gears, 8,000+ redline and a super fast shifting SMG. Also keep in mind anything can happen, here is a tuned M6 making 480rwhp pulling 4-5 cars on a C6 Z06.

YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race

I wonder if there is something going on in that Video. Cause STOCK M6 seem to run between 12.3 and 12.9. I don't see a 490WHP 3909 lb M6 doing that to a 3100lb C6Z06.

How many WHP does a STOCK M6 dyno anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread