Votes: 69 48.3%
  • Catless

Votes: 74 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Catted is way smoother throughout the entire rpm range and cruising. I went through the same w/ my car.

O/R sounded good on my car at idle and wot, but thats really it. Way too raspy otherwise. Especially at a low RPM w/ load on the motor. :xpl:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
is the torque difference that noticeable? I had catless X pipes on both of my Stangs.
Yeah it is in my opinion, I could easily feel the difference. Felt like my car lost its grunt without the cats, took more throttle input to set me back in the seat - say cruising in 4th and rolling into it. Felt less powerful without cats.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I love the non-catted sound.....is the torque difference that noticeable? I had catless X pipes on both of my Stangs.

Yeah it is in my opinion, I could easily feel the difference. Felt like my car lost its grunt without the cats, took more throttle input to set me back in the seat - say cruising in 4th and rolling into it. Felt less powerful without cats.

I gained torque going from the catted X to the off road Prochamber. I do know what you mean about the part throttle cruising though.

Bigdough666

Established Member
Sounds badass both ways, but I like the cleaner sound of the catted X pipe.

A little off-topic, but does anyone know why my Marauder doesnt sound like a Mustang?? Same head, cams, etc. Is it simply because of the extra piping?? Ive heard Stangs with the same exhaust setup as my Marauder and its a totally different sound.

Koval7887

Established Member
Sounds badass both ways, but I like the cleaner sound of the catted X pipe.

A little off-topic, but does anyone know why my Marauder doesnt sound like a Mustang?? Same head, cams, etc. Is it simply because of the extra piping?? Ive heard Stangs with the same exhaust setup as my Marauder and its a totally different sound.

you own a nice variety of different types of vehicles...

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
You don't have to ask for my opinion!! Didn't realize how loud the Dayco really was! Me miss you baby!

y2ksilvergt

SVT God
Established Member
Damn its a tough choice, im leaning towards cats but then again there are days where you just wanna be loud and proud (i know i do) Hell just switch em every so often!! lol

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
You have a funny sig
:D I've never quite understood why people have to list every car they've sold in their sig - guess it makes for illin baller status though. It's like the people that tell you about a car they used to have that'd "whoop that Cobra's ass!" - well that's nice and all but you don't have that car anymore.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Catted guy myself and feel the offroads sound raspy and Chevy like. I went with American Racing headers high flow catted x with Borla Stingers-Shane

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I have the magnaflow x with cats and borla stinger CB and love it... I voted x with cats but I would choose the magnaflow x with cats over the bassani...

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I've done both and currently have o/r and love it. Cats clean up and turn the volume of the exhaust down about 40%, but I will admit it was a lot easier to talk on the phone with the cats:D

Users who are viewing this thread