Votes: 69 48.3%
  • Catless

Votes: 74 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Catted - the offroad just sounds too rednecky. I really like the cleaned up sound of the cats.

I like the torque that the cats give you down low in the RPM's, feels peppier. I also like being able to hear the blower whine, without cats when you're at WOT, it's just a bunch of noise.

I'm running a Steeda catted X with some welded in aftermarket small bullet style cats, sounds good.

What pulley and belt combo are you running? I think I've asked before but forgot, it sounds awesome. I'm guessing an Reichard Racing or BF non-slip with a Gatorback?

bubbrubb

Catted - the offroad just sounds too rednecky. I really like the cleaned up sound of the cats.

I like the torque that the cats give you down low in the RPM's, feels peppier. I also like being able to hear the blower whine, without cats when you're at WOT, it's just a bunch of noise.

I'm running a Steeda catted X with some welded in aftermarket small bullet style cats, sounds good.

What pulley and belt combo are you running? I think I've asked before but forgot, it sounds awesome. I'm guessing an Reichard Racing or BF non-slip with a Gatorback?

running the RR with a polycog, and I agree with all of the above! I swear we're related or something....

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
running the RR with a polycog, and I agree with all of the above! I swear we're related or something....
:D Poly-cog eh? Is that Dayco? Gatorback is what, Poly-V?

I tried a Dayco with my Steeda pulley (not a non-slip) and it was basically quiet, I guess the slits in the pulley help make it whistle because of the air being squeezed out from under the belt or something. I miss the old style Gatorbacks, the new ones are a belt made of phail, dey ain't got no mo' whistle anymo'! :( Das like an alarm clock in da mo'nin' - da whissles go WOO WOO!

CobraKid04

Established Member
Catted is the way to go. I took out the cats and it sounded sweet at idle but when you got on it sounded like rocks are in you exhaust. IMO.

bubbrubb

:D Poly-cog eh? Is that Dayco? Gatorback is what, Poly-V?

I tried a Dayco with my Steeda pulley (not a non-slip) and it was basically quiet, I guess the slits in the pulley help make it whistle because of the air being squeezed out from under the belt or something. I miss the old style Gatorbacks, the new ones are a belt made of phail, dey ain't got no mo' whistle anymo'! :( Das like an alarm clock in da mo'nin' - da whissles go WOO WOO!

yeah its the Dayco. I got NateSVT to switch over from the gatorback to the dayco & he loves it (he loves loud stuff LOL)

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
yeah its the Dayco. I got NateSVT to switch over from the gatorback to the dayco & he loves it (he loves loud stuff LOL)
I reckon I 'ourghta try one of 'em fellers then - just get it all Dayco'in around on the ol' blower pulley, whistlin' and stuff.

tx03snake

Established Member
i am runnin the o/r x on my borla stingers and love it. i like the way it sounds both ways with and without the cats. love the way that supercharger whistles bro sounds good!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Haha...I'm doing the same thing, except I'm pulling the cats out of my Bassani X and trying without. I'm running single chamber flowmasters. Worth a try at least. I want to see just how much louder the difference will be. After listening to your video..probably more than I want.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Both sound freaking awesome.

I'm going to have to go with the offroad X though, sounds mean/pissed off. The catted X is nice as well though, more of a clean sound and less raw.

2k3gt

Established Member
IMO..offroad sounds more "muscle-y" and catted sounds more "sporty". It's all personal preference, but I definately like the catted X more :)

pissstain

Banned
I have the bassani o/x and catback. I bought the baffles and ran it like that for about a month. Needless to say, the baffles have since been yanked out and are sitting on a shelf in my garage never to return.

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
could u tell performance wise between the two, i know u have a lil more low end TQ with the cats and a lil more top end with O/R?

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I've driven this setup on mine with and without cats and with cats it does feel faster - mainly because of the torque, feels stronger.

Catless is just kinda "airy", "tinny" and "soft" feeling until you really rev it out - not sure how to explain it. It feels slower catless, because of the loss in torque and the fact that it makes more noise than it should at WOT, so it kind of tricks your brain into thinking you should be going faster than you are for the amount of noise being emitted, or something like that :D

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
With the Bassani I'd only go catted. When I had the Bassani X on my setup I swapped it out once and it sounded like absolute shit, very raspy and lost the nice tone of the Stingers. The problem is the Bassani X is a chambered X and it creates some rasp, the cats help smooth that out. I had a buddy with the UPR off road X and Stingers, it sounded nasty (good) yet still very smooth. But his UPR X was a true X and didn't have the chamber to create all that rasp. I've since switched to an off road Prochamber and love it, its much deeper and smoother than the X and just a bit louder than the catted X. That blower whistle is wicked too! I've always run a tight Gatorback with some belt dressing on my RR Pulley is it whistles pretty loud, but your's is a bit louder than mine! I might have to try this Dayco Polycog.

Users who are viewing this thread