Which do you prefer?

• Cats

Votes: 69 48.3%
  • Catless

Votes: 74 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bubbrubb

Hey guys, tried to make a video to compare the sound difference between how the catted and the off road bassani x sounds on my car with the stingers.

off road X + Stingers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x8BCG_PZ2Q]YouTube - 03 cobra stingers & bassani x sound clips[/ame]

Catted X + Stingers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16zoXDY400]YouTube - 03 cobra stingers & catted bassani x sounds[/ame]

Hope this helps if anybody is between the two choices :beer:
edit: I went from catless to catted. IMO they both have their advantages.

Last edited by a moderator:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Ive debated the same set up, I like the clean catted sound, but I got more comments on the loudness of no cats

bubbrubb

Ive debated the same set up, I like the clean catted sound, but I got more comments on the loudness of no cats

Same here. I miss the ridiculousness of being catless, but I want to be catted (gotta fight global warming, ya know?? :lol1:)

I'll probably put long tubes & a catted x on it next year. Should be a nice middle ground with some performance gain :shrug:

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
both sound good, but for me the o/r x is too loud...

im running the bassani catted x and stinger catback on mine, and i love the tone!

mvr

Established Member
they both sound great! personally i love that raw catless sound. the reason im running an o/r x.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
why is your blower whistling so loud, is'nt it a Earon? Do you have a gatorback belt on there. Sounds sick man, catless for me...

NateV8

Established Member
How about longtubes, O/R X, and Stingers, with Stage 3 cams? Let me borrow those Stingers Bo! I still have that flowmaster catback I'll trade you haha

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Deffintly catted. Sounds much more smooth. You can hear other notes besides just rasp.

Btw I just did this on my new iPod touch! Love this thing...

bubbrubb

How about longtubes, O/R X, and Stingers, with Stage 3 cams? Let me borrow those Stingers Bo! I still have that flowmaster catback I'll trade you haha

hahahaha you're ridiculous. If you're deaf soon, we'll all know why :lol:

If/when I buy longtubes, I'll try them without cats sometime if I have a bunch of free time/energy and get it on video

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
IMO your setup sounds best with the cats as it really cleans up the sound and you can hear the blower whine so much better!!! But it does also sound good catless too, just in a different way.

I think I will eventually add cats to my setup to try to "clean" up the sound too, thanks for the vid's!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread