Veracka Motors??

howie8124

Established Member
Hey guys, I don't know if many have you around mass have been to Veracka Motors in Brockton but I've checked out a couple cars from this place and then read a couple bad reviews. People have said they just buy junk cars and clean it a bit, maybe swap motors and shit then sell it likes its mint. Id checked out a 99 red cobra once and the air filter was missing and it was buring oil bad and he stated it was a 8000 dollar car, firm. Just wanted to get some opinions from other people,maybe someone bought a good or bad car from them. I think ill be staying away and if anyone questioned them I would probably walk away. :poke:

Parrella35

Established Member
I have mixed opinions. A large portion of their inventory is from Florida, i personally know because i used to know a friend who shipped them up from a auction in Florida for them. I know people who had both good and bad experiences from them. Their stuff is either really really nice and they wanted top dollar for it, but the used, trade in vehicles are unknown. Example, my buddy bought a White 2000 Lightning from them, they said a 50 year old man owned it from Fall River and was bone stock. I ran the VIN and it came back to a Lightning forum showing exhaust, pulley, ported blower HUGE mods and they appparently put it back to stock, plus you dont want to see the videos of it getting beaten on Youtube. The engine bay was all hacked up! Dog eat dog world in the car dealer business...JUST DO YOUR RESEARCH

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i bought both my stangs from them. never had a major problem with either car, but both were fairly low mileage.

the only issue i had was when i bought the cobra. i traded them my truck (they usually show good numbers on trades). without really looking at it or geting in it he showed me 15.5k, i paid 18k for it, and since i had owned it a year and a half and doubled the mileage i thought that was pretty good. well the day after we did all the paperwork and i had the cobra in front of my house, the guy (names art) said he had a problem. he stated that he thought my truck was a 4x4 (not sure how, since it was slightly lowered) and that there was a 2k discrepency. i told him it was his fault for not properly looking at it and that the deal was signed and finished. he was pissed, but there was nothing he could do.

svt1111

Established Member
I bought an 01 Lightning from them once. It was a low mile truck, although it had a Canadian VIN which I later discovered hurt the trade in value and this was never disclosed to me at the time ( pre-carfax period, if I recall). The air filter also looked like it had a squirrel living in it and they delivered it to me with the dirty air filter. I discovered this weeks after buying it.

In retrospect, they seem to have good prices, but you have to do your homework carefully, just like on any other deal.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have been there, wasnt to impressed. They are overpriced.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
buying a used sports car is always a gamble.....I had a friend buy two cobras from Veracka and had a fine expierence

I would just take your time, do your research and you should be OK

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
they actually bought my old 2004 mach 1 ( 5 yrs old w/ 8,000 miles ) & paid top dollar for it

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Bought my old GT from them and had no complaints. Went back to try and work a deal for an 03 SB Cobra and they wouldn't give me the time of day. Like everyone is telling you, just really gotta do the homework on these cars.

howie8124

Established Member
Well I know to do homework on any car but Im just letting it be known to other out there seeing there cars that they do ask for alot, for instance theres a red mach1 online 16g, huge dent in the front bumper/fender. not that i have 16 for a mach one but ive checked out some of their GT's and most had one thing or another wrong with it. but it seems that most of you guys for the most part havent had many problems with their cars.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I bought my 01 cobra from them in July of 2003 w/ 14K on it. I have had 1 issue, that VSS sensor in the tranny. Other than that I haven't had one issue. I've only put about 12200 miles on it since I bought it. They told me the car was stock, like they always do, but it had a Magnaflow X pipe & catback with a 2pt K member brace. All in all I am happy with it. At the time the price was fair for the car and it had an exhaust so I figured that into what I would pay for it. The car was from NJ according to the carfax I ran.

I did go back a couple years later and looked at an F250 diesel and it wasn't what was advertised. It had clearly been hit and had bodywork done to it. It appeared to be a work truck. I wasn't impressed and they wanted mid 20's for it and had about 50K on it. I test drove it and passed on the truck.

Go over the car completely and check for any and all issues that it may have. After that see if it has any mods done to it. If it does then go from there and see what you think. Sometimes you score @ Veracka and sometimes you don't.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
That place is a huge gamble.
They were around when I got my 1990 GT like 15 years ago, it was a complete toilet.

Do a search on multiple sites, you need to go over those cars with a magnifying glass.

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
they move a lot of mustangs and performance cars.....BUT most are beat and they ask way too much for them, personally I wouldnt buy from them

matt87

Established Member
maybe its the slow economy but they didnt have alot of mustangs this year. oh and that red 99 was high miles and looked it too, even had snow tires!

chuckstang

Established Member
LOL

Get this, I actually owned an 01 LS1 Camaro SS, that I bought from them, had 1 day and the tranny broke, so I brought it back and returned the car and they said they would fix it but could not, and then we finally passed on the car when I went back one day and someone had stollen the gas cap and front bumper insert lol

It was not meant to be!

So I bought a 99 Cobra and have been hooked on SVTs since :D

I still miss the idea though of having an ls1 t top SS camaro, call me crazy

Id say pass on Veracka and look for sale by owner but who knows you can find a good one too some times !

peteys101

Established Member
i bought my 04 gt there it was all stock so i had no problems with it but they are a little skeptical to me because i traded in my lifted six inches on 35s 01 silverado for it and my truck was literally beat to **it from offroading i tacked up my exhaust that broke at the muffler the day before trade in and had about a half inch of mud caked to the engine and temporarily patched transmission line and they didnt even look through it (lucky for me) and gave me top dollar trade in :) but that being said they dont really care what they buy as long as it looks decent on the outside

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i bought my 04 gt there it was all stock so i had no problems with it but they are a little skeptical to me because i traded in my lifted six inches on 35s 01 silverado for it and my truck was literally beat to **it from offroading i tacked up my exhaust that broke at the muffler the day before trade in and had about a half inch of mud caked to the engine and temporarily patched transmission line and they didnt even look through it (lucky for me) and gave me top dollar trade in :) but that being said they dont really care what they buy as long as it looks decent on the outside

lol, thats what they did with me. they never looked it over or drove it, just told me what they'd give me. so long as you do a complete look over of the car and your satisfied, then they arent bad. my mach has been great to me.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
lol, thats what they did with me. they never looked it over or drove it, just told me what they'd give me. so long as you do a complete look over of the car and your satisfied, then they arent bad. my mach has been great to me.

I was there on Saturday. I didn't have my car with me and they told me they'd give me around 8 for it. I was looking at a black 04 GT...they wanted 13,000 for it and it had 61k on it. They told me my car and 4 grand:bored: SEE YAAA!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Place is a dump.... they have had that anniversary Cobra vert on there for almost a year. was going to go look at it untill i saw the upgraded blower pully in the pic.

Users who are viewing this thread