Updated Pics of FR500's

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
thanks everyone. I really like them as well. I get chills just starring at the car now.

front 275/35/18
rear 295/35/18

no rubbing issues at all.

Nice looking setup and I'm sure it looks even better in person. Do you have 18x9s on the back? Would 18x10s fit without problem? Also, what do you think about 17x9s up front and 18s in the rear?

TRBO VNM

HURTNEM said:
Nice looking setup and I'm sure it looks even better in person. Do you have 18x9s on the back? Would 18x10s fit without problem? Also, what do you think about 17x9s up front and 18s in the rear?

18x9 up front
18x10 out back

people put 10.5 in the back with spacers and it also depends on the offset of the wheel.

I personally would rather have the same size(18) in front or back unless you want more of a raked look.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
FYI .. from this chart:
http://www.mgs4u.com/chart.htm , Here would be the difference (Hopefully I am not messing this up).

For all around 18inch rims with 275/35/18s on the front and 295/35/18s on the back, you would get a 7mm difference with the back being 7mm larger than the front (diameter). If you went with 17inch rims with 275/40/17s on the front and 18inch rims with 295/35/18s on the back, you would get an 18.65mm difference (or .73 inch difference) with the backs being larger (diameter). So the over all difference between the 18s and the 17s would be 11.65mm or about .453 inches difference.

Hope this doesn't confuse anyone and also hope I did the math right ..

Crowley

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
18x9 up front
18x10 out back

people put 10.5 in the back with spacers and it also depends on the offset of the wheel.

I personally would rather have the same size(18) in front or back unless you want more of a raked look.

No other mods required? I have h&R SS springs - will that make a difference?

TRBO VNM

gmynko said:
No other mods required? I have h&R SS springs - will that make a difference?

I would think they should be fine. my tires appear to have plenty of clearance to the fender lip if that is your concern.

and actually, a friend just got the same rims, but in black w/ polished lip for his and he has H&R springs. I just don't know which model springs.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
car looks nice ... was thinking about the black inserts on the bumper but wasn't sure how it would look .... i think i will go with the inserts .... i to painted my calipers orange with engine paint (brush on)... took it to one open track event and they did not discolor like some of the paint products do ....

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
18x9 up front
18x10 out back

Aren't the 18x10s Deep dish? From the angle of your pic they look like they're not deeper than the front rims. I-CAN-STANG posted pix of his Black FR500s and from his picture angle they look deep on the back. Do you like the width of your 295s are would you rather have 315s on the back? Thanx for the info.

Rod

TRBO VNM

HURTNEM said:
Aren't the 18x10s Deep dish? From the angle of your pic they look like they're not deeper than the front rims. I-CAN-STANG posted pix of his Black FR500s and from his picture angle they look deep on the back. Do you like the width of your 295s are would you rather have 315s on the back? Thanx for the info.

Rod

they are deep. the exact same as I-CAN-STANG, but different color. In the first and third pic of my first post in this thread you can tell. Just look at them a bit more. It is hard to tell because of the chrome, but you can. The 295's look great. With BFG being wider than most others I would not have gone 315 for everyday driving. The most I would go is 305. However, if you look at the 295's they fit the rim perfect and give me a good lip protection and don't look too wide for the wheel. In my mind the BFG 295 is the perfect fit for these wheels. Not to mention the tread just looks sick and is screamin' bad a$$.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
You're absolutely right. I looked at pic #1 real hard and I could see how deep they are. The chrome is blinding though, so it was hard to see where the lip actually stopped LOL. They look like they're a perfect fit. Hopefully I'll have the chance to see some 295 and 315 BFGs in person on the same type of rim and see which I prefer. I love that wide stance that's why I was thinking 315s. 295s may be wide enough though. I-CAN-STANG said his 315s hook perfectly though, but not sure if there's any bulging of the tire over the rim.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
I would think they should be fine. my tires appear to have plenty of clearance to the fender lip if that is your concern.

and actually, a friend just got the same rims, but in black w/ polished lip for his and he has H&R springs. I just don't know which model springs.

Cool - love the look - beautiful car :rockon:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
HURTNEM said:
You're absolutely right. I looked at pic #1 real hard and I could see how deep they are. The chrome is blinding though, so it was hard to see where the lip actually stopped LOL. They look like they're a perfect fit. Hopefully I'll have the chance to see some 295 and 315 BFGs in person on the same type of rim and see which I prefer. I love that wide stance that's why I was thinking 315s. 295s may be wide enough though. I-CAN-STANG said his 315s hook perfectly though, but not sure if there's any bulging of the tire over the rim.

The 315's buldge maybe 1/4" over the wheel but it's really nothing to make it appear too big for the rim. It fits almost the same as the Nitto 315's on the stock wheel but not quite that much bulding. Keep in mind that I have 1/4 spacers to make the wheels flush with the fender. The 18x10 rear wheels sat just a tad bit inside the fenderwell without the spacer in place. You don't need them but I just added them for shyts and giggles. I thought about the 295's and actually ordered the Nitto 305/35/18's but they were on back order. The car has major a$$ now though! :-D It looks pretty wide from the back and has that "pitbull" stance.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

the only thing you have to keep in mind is different tires measure different actual widths. best thing to do is ask the company you are ordering from. they should have all of that info.

for example like Marlon said, Nitto's measure narrower than BFG's.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
the only thing you have to keep in mind is different tires measure different actual widths. best thing to do is ask the company you are ordering from. they should have all of that info.

for example like Marlon said, Nitto's measure narrower than BFG's.
By a lot too! :eek:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Wow, looks great!

So how is the chrome finish on the inside of the wheels?

I am just curious because the inside of my stock wheels are so rough I can't even clean them properly, so I'm wondering about the aftermarket.

TRBO VNM

Jon00GT said:
Wow, looks great!

So how is the chrome finish on the inside of the wheels?

I am just curious because the inside of my stock wheels are so rough I can't even clean them properly, so I'm wondering about the aftermarket.

thats odd. my stock wheels were fine. did you let brake dust sit too long and start pitting the chrome?

the aftermarket is pretty good. there are a couple of areas that are thin or it looks like it may not have chrome on it, but it is nothing that you can really tell while the wheel is on.

are your stock wheels chrome? I assume they are based on your question. did you strip the paint off the inside of them?

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
thats odd. my stock wheels were fine. did you let brake dust sit too long and start pitting the chrome?

the aftermarket is pretty good. there are a couple of areas that are thin or it looks like it may not have chrome on it, but it is nothing that you can really tell while the wheel is on.

are your stock wheels chrome? I assume they are based on your question. did you strip the paint off the inside of them?

They don't appear to be damaged. I just bought the car, actually, but it only had 3200 miles on it.

Instead, the inside of the wheel looks like it never got polished at all, it feel to the touch like just rough bare metal. The chrome on the face of the wheel looks fine though. Is the inside area of the chrome wheels supposed to be painted?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Jon00GT said:
They don't appear to be damaged. I just bought the car, actually, but it only had 3200 miles on it.

Instead, the inside of the wheel looks like it never got polished at all, it feel to the touch like just rough bare metal. The chrome on the face of the wheel looks fine though. Is the inside area of the chrome wheels supposed to be painted?

the factory chrome wheels come painted for some reason. search the wheel forum under Terminator for aircraft remover and you will get a thread on how to strip the paint and have amazing looking wheels. I think stang2wrx wrote it up.

Users who are viewing this thread