Upcoming timeframe on the next GT500 and speculation

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Limited release this summer like the GT350 was then full orders this fall.
This summer?!?!?
We haven't even seen or heard anything about the car yet? That's only a few months away!

DepWraith

Established Member
Pretty sure reveal will be in April at New York show. Order banks usually don't open until May.

Haven't been told name, but every time I spoke to my source I mentioned GT500 and was never corrected so no reason to believe it will be anything different than MY 13/14.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Pretty sure reveal will be in April at New York show. Order banks usually don't open until May.

Haven't been told name, but every time I spoke to my source I mentioned GT500 and was never corrected so no reason to believe it will be anything different than MY 13/14.

Not questioning your source, but:
Ford has already sent out paperwork for dealers to sign up for the 2018 MY GT350/350R, have heard nothing about signing up for a GT500 ??

DepWraith

Established Member
Are you talking about the SVT participation program stuff? Idk, don't imagine it would take long to send more out if needed, after all, ordering banks don't open until May. I don't speak to him often, but last he told me was that they were rushing for the limited release this summer. Slight changes as they got so much pushback from the dealers on the presented price.

Cyclerick

Established Member
Limited release this summer like the GT350 was then full orders this fall.

Im switching over to the ZL1 as its good value for the money, easily modified to add 150hp (headers, pulley, cam and tune) and a less complicated engine. My buddies and tuner are GM guys and I've seen how simple their mods are compared to my Coyote engine or the Voodoo. A perfect example being headers install without having to disconnect the steering rack, remove starter and lift engine as required for a GT350. Cams or changing heads are another good example.

If I were keeping my car stock, then I could see sticking with Mustang as the 2018 GT has a lot of nice features like the 10sp auto, magna ride suspension and dash and the GT500 is always a step above the GT however I'm never happy with stock HP ergo the ZL1.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
"If" this is going to be limited production,.......can you imagine the ADM on it?!?!?
Holy smokes.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Highly doubt it will be limited production. Maybe when they first come out, bur not overall.
I will be getting one when it comes out and not highly fond of the new body style as of yet. Seen some nice ones and ugly ones.
Yes I'm very impressed with what they have done with the comaro. The new body style etc...... they look good on the streets and always catch my eye. Even the Silverados are sweet looking. Ford is falling behind, just like they did in the mid to late 90's when comaro was king of the streets.

Clemson

Established Member
Highly doubt it will be limited production. Maybe when they first come out, bur not overall.
I will be getting one when it comes out and not highly fond of the new body style as of yet. Seen some nice ones and ugly ones.
Yes I'm very impressed with what they have done with the comaro. The new body style etc...... they look good on the streets and always catch my eye. Even the Silverados are sweet looking. Ford is falling behind, just like they did in the mid to late 90's when comaro was king of the streets.
What are you talking about bruh - the new camaro looks absurdly similar to the stang.....from certain side views you can hardly tell the difference.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The S550 was an improvement on all levels over the S197, better looking, performing.

Wrong.

The s550 is one of the ugliest designs by Ford to date (excluding the shelby cars).

S550 coyotes have slower acceleration vs s197 coyotes.

Only thing that the s550s have in the bag is the handling.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It's been pretty quiet from those members in the know on this subject. Maybe DepWraith is on to something?
There's no way it's out this summer. The 350's were shown off in what oct of 14 and they barely were ready a year later. Spring 2018 at the earliest we'll see them on lots.
"https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/11/ford-mustang-gt350-first-look/"

It's quiet because Ford is not saying anything. It's quiet because having a high paying job is better than telling the world a secret!

Believe wraith or hpkings or whoever else. As for me I listen to 2 sources. Neither have said a word!

DepWraith

Established Member
There's no way it's out this summer. The 350's were shown off in what oct of 14 and they barely were ready a year later. Spring 2018 at the earliest we'll see them on lots.
"https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/11/ford-mustang-gt350-first-look/"

It's quiet because Ford is not saying anything. It's quiet because having a high paying job is better than telling the world a secret!

Believe wraith or hpkings or whoever else. As for me I listen to 2 sources. Neither have said a word!

That's cool, I'm just passing on info I personally obtained from a very credible source at Ford, if nobody believes me I'm quite ok with that.

The car was slotted to be done for MY 17 (for the GT500 anniversary), but wasn't finished as they were having hard starting and oil consumption issues...with that said, a summer 18 limited release like the GT350 and a full release this fall for MY 18 is very easy given the length of development now.

Users who are viewing this thread