Upcoming timeframe on the next GT500 and speculation

Breitling

Established Member
People seem to forget the ADM. If people think the ADM is bad for the GT350, just wait until ford releases the next Gen GT500. It will be C7Z and Gen V viper price range + ADM.

ADMs will fade. Remember when the 2007 GT500 was released? Dealer's had crazy ADMs on those. If you want the next generation GT500 as soon as it is released, then yes, you will most likely have a hefty ADM. But, wait a year or so and the ADMs fall pretty quick. Look at the GT350's now - falling ADMs.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
ADMs will fade. Remember when the 2007 GT500 was released? Dealer's had crazy ADMs on those. If you want the next generation GT500 as soon as it is released, then yes, you will most likely have a hefty ADM. But, wait a year or so and the ADMs fall pretty quick. Look at the GT350's now - falling ADMs.

Yes Sir, I agree 100%. I never buy new anyways, I let other people do that and eat the depreciation. The 2015 C7Z I picked up with 1900 miles, I paid around 20k less than MSRP for it. Did the same thing with all the other cars in my sig.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
just wait until ford releases the next Gen GT500. It will be C7Z and Gen V viper price range + ADM.
I don't think so. Maybe including the ADM, the new GT500 will be in the C7Z and Viper price range.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10s on street tires is exactly where it's headed. Hero runs on Hellcats and GT500s are already in the bottom 11s on street tires. Do you seriously think there are no more gains to be had? More advanced launch control programming is absolutely going to happen. Why are you so surprised that this is possible when the whole industry is headed that way? Ford is doing round the clock work with software in every aspect of vehicle dynamics.

The new GT500 will probably take aim much closer to the Z06 than is comfortable for Chevy. It probably won't be too far off in cost either. I'm thinking the new car will run 70-75K fully loaded with magnetic ride, tech pack, etc...

With tires as sticky as today's drag radial it will happen eventually. I don't see it happy before a major redesign helping weight balance(ala the vette) or the very expensive computer controlled launch like AMG. Like I said in my response if they pull power on launch and shift changes yes it can.

Remember the new zl1 is not out yet and it's still a few tenths from 11 flat.

Breitling

Established Member
Yes Sir, I agree 100%. I never buy new anyways, I let other people do that and eat the depreciation. The 2015 C7Z I picked up with 1900 miles, I paid around 20k less than MSRP for it. Did the same thing with all the other cars in my sig.

Nice job on the C7Z! $20,000 off MSRP with only 1900 miles is a great deal.

Back on topic: Is there any time frame on when Ford will at least announce something?

Sometimes I wonder if Ford will just use the Trinity motor again with some tweaks to make it 730ish HP & 700ish TQ. It seems like an easy road to take with current power levels.

rmurer

Established Member
Nice job on the C7Z! $20,000 off MSRP with only 1900 miles is a great deal.

Back on topic: Is there any time frame on when Ford will at least announce something?

Sometimes I wonder if Ford will just use the Trinity motor again with some tweaks to make it 730ish HP & 700ish TQ. It seems like an easy road to take with current power levels.

nope no one knows that. My guess maybe the Detroit Auto Show.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member

David Neibert

Established Member
Have you ever tried to collect on the roush warranty? I know of two stories one was denied and then he filed a lawsuit the other was denied until a friend contacted Jack directly. No thanks.

I wouldn't actually pick this option over a new GT500, just saying I would do it before doing that stupid 727 HP package from Lebanon Ford.

David

David Neibert

Established Member

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
brand new Z06. $78K. You'd really have to be brand loyal to even consider a GT500 at $75K.

http://www.rossdowningchevrolet.com...vrolet-Corvette-Z06_1LZ-Hammond-LA/2716081563

Hellcats are selling for $72K, so if Ford makes a twin turbo v8 GT500 with a 10 spd auto that runs quicker than the Hellcats and new ZL1, I don't think they will have a problem selling them for $75K.

David

I predict clean used C7Z's will be upper 60k range by the time the next GT500 can be had without an ADM + MSRP price, especially with all the negative mis-information about the heat soak/over temp issues. I'm a mustang guy at heart, never owned a turbo car, and already own a HCI C6Z are the reasons I would dump the C7Z for an A10 TT GT500. Hopefully, the money tree's I planted start spitting out some 20 dollars bills by then so I don't have to get rid of the C7Z because it is one hellava car (the best I've ever owned).

SVT_28

Established Member

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I bet they are lower than that by summer of 18. Mid 50's for a clean 10k mile c7z!

Yeah, I don't think so. Your the brand loyalist Black99 is talking about. How many bone stock ten second passes has any Mustang ever made?

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
You would have to be brand loyal to pick a car (which will be several years old by the release of a gt500) over one that hasn't even had any specs/info released about it and is still years from release, no?

List the 10 sec time slips any bone stock mustang has every produced?

SVT_28

Established Member
List the 10 sec time slips any bone stock mustang has every produced?

Is there any generation Cobra that was slower than its predecessor? A decade ago, you would've asked to list the 11 sec time slips of any bone stock mustang...and what do we have currently? So, you never know.

SVT_28

Established Member
And you cant just automatically claim "brand loyalty" because someone defends a certain car...it could work both ways and people can just call you a "hater". The next gt500 will be a progression and more than likely faster than the previous, how much will remain to be seen.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yeah, I don't think so. Your the brand loyalist Black99 is talking about. How many bone stock ten second passes has any Mustang ever made?

Considering you can find the more expensive 4 yr old zr1 in the 50k's I see no reason why the 4 yr old 15 z06 won't be there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread