UGR Nera TT Gallardo vid...9.1 at 169mph

tommygun

Established Member
115k for the tt kit and all the goodies. So you can buy a gallardo and have it tt'd for about 250

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I know there are obviously much faster cars........but I just can't fathom going 0-169 MPH in 9 seconds. A brand new 600 HP Viper takes around 8 seconds to hit 100. Damn....

HolyShiznit

Established Member
that car prolly costs half a mil.

is this the car UGR was building with twin 78's? What are the engine specs on this thing?

Any onboard video or speedo shots?

It does NOT cost half a mil. As others have stated it's true cost is right around 230-250k delivered. Which in reality for this caliber of car and build isn't that bad to be honest. I will get plenty of speedo shots, it will be home soon.

blacksrt

Established Member
How bad would you guys like to see a vid of a highly modded turbo busa race this car??? Here is the dyno graph of the bike I am referring to. He just got it off the dyno today and I am sure will be wanting to test it out... Any takers? :)

64372337.png

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
John Reed, the tuner of all of these Gallardos was just at my buddy's shop doing some work. He said these Gallardos with all the mods still drive like a really nice street car even the 1380whp UGR Gallardo R.

My buddy has been looking to get a Gallardo so we're trying to talk him into building a kit and having John tune it, and mayne try and give UGR a run for their money! : )

thats what i like to hear1

i am not the slightest bit impressed by this.. this video shows me nothing but someone willing to spend more money than i will make in 10 years on a car.. anyone with tons of $$ to THROW AWAY can build anything fast... extreme $100k build dont impress me.

with enough $$ i could build the worlds fastest lawn mower, or the worlds fastest hairdryer on wheels.

you want to impress me, build a 9 second car for less than $10k... then you're onto something.

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
thats what i like to hear1

i am not the slightest bit impressed by this.. this video shows me nothing but someone willing to spend more money than i will make in 10 years on a car.. anyone with tons of $$ to THROW AWAY can build anything fast... extreme $100k build dont impress me.

with enough $$ i could build the worlds fastest lawn mower, or the worlds fastest hairdryer on wheels.

you want to impress me, build a 9 second car for less than $10k... then you're onto something.
Still bitter I see...

And I am all for people trying to do new things on their own. But these Gallardo's are not as receptive to turbo's as it appears when you see a vid of UGR's cars or Heffner's for that matter. The motors hold no more then 6 pounds stock, the clutches hold little more then 600 whp, and the intake, fuel, and drive line mods are only learned through trial and error. Not to even get started on running the Motec in parallel with the stock ECU. The reason these types of builds cost more then what you see in parts and labor is because TONS of money was spent on the R&D to get to this point. I was talking extensively with a guy on this board about TT'ing his Gallardo but neither him nor I was in a position to eat the cost of all the potential broken parts along the way. I encourage ANYBODY to try stuff on their own though. That's the only way we see innovation.

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
So your more impressed by your back yard 9 second N2O Fox body then this?

ok.

i am impressed by $250k cars.. but i am more impressed by the dudes bank account. I wish i had that kinda money.

and that backyard 9 sec fox was built by the owner and maintained bt the owner... where i come from dude... thats what its all about. Them city boys are all about having someone else do everything for them, turn key. I built my coupe from the ground up. every bolt in that motor was torqued down by me. I built everything on my cobra but the motor, and even that, i picked out everything in it to my specs. I didnt just take it to someone and say here..make it fast, money no option.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Still bitter I see...

And I am all for people trying to do new things on their own. But these Gallardo's are not as receptive to turbo's as it appears when you see a vid of UGR's cars or Heffner's for that matter. The motors hold no more then 6 pounds stock, the clutches hold little more then 600 whp, and the intake, fuel, and drive line mods are only learned through trial and error. Not to even get started on running the Motec in parallel with the stock ECU. The reason these types of builds cost more then what you see in parts and labor is because TONS of money was spent on the R&D to get to this point. I was talking extensively with a guy on this board about TT'ing his Gallardo but neither him nor I was in a position to eat the cost of all the potential broken parts along the way. I encourage ANYBODY to try stuff on their own though. That's the only way we see innovation.

i hear what your saying completely.. however an 01 cobra dont like more than 10lbs STOCK, its clutch didnt hold more than 400hp stock. Someone had to do that research as well.. but whos money was that????

we learned that an 01 cobra would only hold so much boost because someone on here started putting boost on it till it blew up.. it was that dudes $$$ that went towards our education. The rest of us took his $$$ spent and used it when we built our cars.

If I just started out building lambos myself, and no one else was doing it. The first car I built for someone that blew u would be the r&d.. and like MOST shops, you think because it blew up from him wanting 10lbs of boost, is the shop gonna fund that new $$$??NO Its the customers expense as they want to go better. So then being an educated person, I would automatically build a forged setup for this guy.. When we dyno the car and realize it is running out of fuel, we correct the problem.. that also wouldnt be my expense... it would be the customers. as it would anywhere!

this all comes down to who had the biggest wallet to sling.. thats all i am saying. With enough money, you can fund anything!

the biggest props I give to UGR is their knowledge of the internals and what they can do to the lambos. No one else would be ballsy enough to tear into a car that expensive, UGR had to initially take that plunge to learn it. That IMHO show more initiative and drive to be the best than anything else.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Soon? Heck, that day they could have done it if they really LAUNCHED it...

Hearing those TT's spoolin up is amazing...

with that much balls it takes a lot more than average skills to launch something like that without either blowing the tires off and ruining your times or breaking something.. you walk a fine line the bigger you go with a car.. it then becomes all about the driver. not everyone can point something this powerful down the track.

Ive seen 700hp cars run 12's in the 1/4 because the guy driving just could do anything with the power

Users who are viewing this thread