U.N. Anti-Blasphemy Resolution

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
More and more everyday I wish I lived (and died) in the true glory days of our great nation; back in the days before we were a kinder and more gentle country controlled by corporations, raised by over protective mothers and saturated in all of the politcal correct BS.

braceyaself

Established Member
More and more everyday I wish I lived (and died) in the true glory days of our great nation; back in the days before we were a kinder and more gentle country controlled by corporations, raised by over protective mothers and saturated in all of the politcal correct BS.

coudn't have said it better myself. **** that bull shyt

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If this ridiculous proposition gets passed, then it is a matter of time before it is pushed in our own country. Might now happen any time soon, but world pressure would like to prevail. I am absolutely shocked at how world leaders fear the reprisals of radical Islam. And this resolution is more about attempts to make Islam more powerful than about protecting any other religion. Ridiculous and it should get our attention.....and wake us up as a country. JMO.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The UN can pass whatever resolution it wants. We'll just say funk dat. Wait, with Barack in office, we'll just say 'cool' and go along with it.
shit we are all screwed.
Allah ackbar!

Exactly! Obama isnt the one that really cares about the constitution, it wouldnt surprise me if he does consider this "resolution", but I would HOPE he has better judgement than that.

I posted this in SD yesterday if anyone wants to get crazy! :beer:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/smack-down-cafe-18/575909-freedom-speech-whats.html

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
What would scare me about such a resolution isn't what would happen in the U.S. Our rights to freedom of speach will always overcome any such law. However, some outspoken U.S. citizen could potentially be jailed and punished during foriegn travel on the basis of having violated the law while in the U.S.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
What would scare me about such a resolution isn't what would happen in the U.S. Our rights to freedom of speach will always overcome any such law. However, some outspoken U.S. citizen could potentially be jailed and punished during foriegn travel on the basis of having violated the law while in the U.S.

+1

wait, I’m agreeing with esqeddy :eek:

novass72

Established Member
Haha, you have got to be kidding me. Get one now!!!

239234587_25bf1473a5.jpg

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Not only would it be a blatant disregard for the separation of church and state and free speech, but also an assault on ideas. It would set a precedent that you could no longer criticize other people's ideas. If it happens, we're surely doomed.

yeah but the UN is the leftists' "Holy of Holies!"

Noway any Christian should support this either. I have been one to always invite, listen to & consider any opposition to not only my political views, but also my personal faith views.

Not sure of your age or if you have heard of this (I'm guessing you are 25-28) but have you ever heard of Salman Rushdie? (Salman Rushdie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In 1988 he wrote the "Satanic Verses" (The Satanic Verses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which basically talks about Mohammed & pre-Mohammed Mecca.
The radicals put a price on this guy's head if my memory serves me correctly, he is still on the run. One thing that is forbidden in Islam, is to talk about anything having to do with Mohammed prior to him originating Islam. The Satanic Verses talks about & names the 3 daughters of Allah. The link above tells more.

This information I just typed above, would have me killed IF I lived anywhere over there & stated this publicly.

Freedom of Speech FTW!

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
This should be an easy out for the U.S.

If the UN adopts something that opposes our Constitution then we should pull out of the UN. On top of which, the UN should then be the world peace keeper and not the U.S. Maybe this would stop countries from bitching about the U.S. not helping and helping them when they are getting slaughtered. Just point them to the UN.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member

If the UN adopts something that opposes our Constitution then we should pull out of the UN. On top of which, the UN should then be the world peace keeper and not the U.S. Maybe this would stop countries from bitching about the U.S. not helping and helping them when they are getting slaughtered. Just point them to the UN.

The U.S. has no business trying to play the part of world police. However, we should NOT pull out of the U.N. That notion is silliness.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member

FYI that effort has been going on for years. The Rainbow Coalition, made famous by Jesse Jackson is for a "World" Constitution. There are many groups out there that adhere to this stupidity.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Even if this crazy piece of legislation gets passed I wouldnt really worry about it affecting the US. It just makes me sad that some people out there think that it is ok to try and silence others this way.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
yeah but the UN is the leftists' "Holy of Holies!"

Noway any Christian should support this either. I have been one to always invite, listen to & consider any opposition to not only my political views, but also my personal faith views.

Not sure of your age or if you have heard of this (I'm guessing you are 25-28) but have you ever heard of Salman Rushdie? (Salman Rushdie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In 1988 he wrote the "Satanic Verses" (The Satanic Verses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which basically talks about Mohammed & pre-Mohammed Mecca.
The radicals put a price on this guy's head if my memory serves me correctly, he is still on the run. One thing that is forbidden in Islam, is to talk about anything having to do with Mohammed prior to him originating Islam. The Satanic Verses talks about & names the 3 daughters of Allah. The link above tells more.

This information I just typed above, would have me killed IF I lived anywhere over there & stated this publicly.

Freedom of Speech FTW!

I'm 20 and I own the book. I believe even the Ayatollah OK'ed the bounty on Rushdie's head as well.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
The U.S. has no business trying to play the part of world police. However, we should NOT pull out of the U.N. That notion is silliness.

Please explain to us why we should not pull out of the U.N. :shrug:

Edit: Wurd2 I actually agree with you, I agree that people should have the right to question, Speak their mind, disagree etc. Even if you don't agree with the said point of view.

Last edited:

Bills04SVT

Established Member
I am willing to donate a .75 cent roll of American made toilet paper to the UN only if someone here is willing to supply the crayons so as to insure the rest of the world receives
a copy of this thoughtful law !

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have to agree with Esqeddy. However, I surely hope our country NEVER underestimates the goals of Islam to conquer the world at any cost. Wasn't too long ago that it was inconceivable that a country would bow to Islamic pressures. Well, it's happening today even as we speak. And THAT is worth paying attention to IMO. If nothing else, this should wake us up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread