U.N. Anti-Blasphemy Resolution

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n53-3QnhxZk]YouTube - Crucial Step Towards Sharia Law? U.N. Anti Blasphemy Resolution - Christopher Hitchens @ CNN[/ame]

This resolution—which would criminalize "offensive" criticism of religion, Islam in particular—must be opposed at all costs. Aside from being a large step in the wrong direction, it is a direct threat to our constitutional freedom of expression which is arguably the most important freedom we have. In this CNN interview, Christopher Hitchens' commentary is spot on. He says that the extraordinary claim of Islam, in that it is the final revelation of God and the Koran is the ultimate book, combined with a law that prohibits the expression of doubt towards this claim is totalitarianism defined. That a large number of countries support this resolution, which is apparently moving forward, makes me absolutely sick. No belief or idea should be protected from criticism.

I am most interested in the thoughts of those members that do support this resolution. What you have to say is almost as important as our need to challenge and change your mind.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
Its ridiculous that this is not on every news channel. The American people should be outraged, but I guess we will just sit back.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I am sure most know that I am Christian. I do not however support ANY law that would take away the right for someone to speak their mind, ever!! This is the difference between Muslims and Christians, Christians invite skepticism and are not affected by it. Muslims however will cut heads off and tolerate NO dissent. I don't think this will go over too well with Americans. So, that being said, blast away non-believers until your hearts content. :)

mustang462002

Slow GT
Established Member
Who gives a shit. The UN couldn't stop 2 cases of genocide in the past 15 years. Now they are going to stop every person from saying **** Islam. Please.

kuruma

Established Member
*sits back and waits for UN to proposition religions be banned altogether*

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
i am sure most know that i am christian. I do not however support any law that would take away the right for someone to speak their mind, ever!! This is the difference between muslims and christians, christians invite skepticism and are not affected by it. Muslims however will cut heads off and tolerate no dissent. I don't think this will go over too well with americans. So, that being said, blast away non-believers until your hearts content. :)

+1

SVTBMG

Banned
This is just another example of how we as a people are letting our "Leaders" get away with wayyyyyy too much. We need to take back our countries and our rights as humans.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
By our Constitution nothing like this can take effect in the states and I don't think it ever would.

Its a violation of human rights that they couldn't speak what they want to speak about any given subject, especially religion. I even understand where and why religions get badmouthed and it doesn't bother me because it's my own personal beliefs, no one can change them by what they say. So I strongly oppose a resolution of this sort and would gladly throw the first stone of someone tried to impose such a thing on us.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Not only would it be a blatant disregard for the separation of church and state and free speech, but also an assault on ideas. It would set a precedent that you could no longer criticize other people's ideas. If it happens, we're surely doomed.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The UN can pass whatever resolution it wants. We'll just say funk dat. Wait, with Barack in office, we'll just say 'cool' and go along with it.
shit we are all screwed.
Allah ackbar!

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
wow wtf?? it doesnt make sence. some of those people kill americans in the name of islam, and we cant say anything about it?

sometimes I just sit back and thing wtf is wrong with so many people on this planet. I mean who the hell comes up with this shit?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The UN can pass whatever resolution it wants. We'll just say funk dat. Wait, with Barack in office, we'll just say 'cool' and go along with it.
shit we are all screwed.
Allah ackbar!

That's what we did with the Kyoto Protocol because it was giving up part of our sovereignty to the UN. It's sad that Obama has even talked about considering joining this garbage that is a disregard to our rights in the Constitution:nonono:.

Users who are viewing this thread