U.N. Anti-Blasphemy Resolution

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Good quote from Charlie Stross:

"Doctrinaire religious beliefs that prescribe a specific way of life and ban certain technologies may be a major threat to our ability to adapt to a changing world — but as long as they are confined to their practitioners the rest of us can probably survive them. However, if religious beliefs erupt onto the larger stage (for example, when believers acquire the levers of power and legislate their taboos into the code by which entire nations run) we may have problems. Example #1: The US federal ban on funding for embryonic stem cell research badly damaged the pursuit of medical treatments for a number of conditions (such as Parkinson's Disease). Example #2: a Saudi judge has issued a ruling banning the use of alcohol as a fuel: "the prophet has cursed not only who drinks it but also those who use it for other purposes". These are relatively minor examples of doctrine colliding with the modern technosphere; if nothing worse happens in the 21st century, we'll be lucky. Possible example of something worse: the Vatican has just muddled into the global debate on illegal drugs by denouncing harm reduction strategies — and risks making things that much worse, just as their principled anti-condom stance poured gasoline on the African AIDS crisis in the 1980s and 1990s."

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Read Mark Steyn's "America Alone". The islamification of the rest of the world is happening faster than many realize and it will be the West that stands up for freedom. As much as I hate to say it, becasue I have 4 myself, have more children people. If we want to maintain our western way of life we will need young men and women to fight for it.

Users who are viewing this thread