Twin Turbo setup... I need help guys... smoking

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I haven't gotten a chance to get back home yet, I will be coming back next week, getting in on Sat. What I plan on doing is testing to make sure some dumbass (not mentioning names) messed up the polarity on the pumps, which would definitely explain the smoking. Hope that's it though, easy fix. I will update next week after I check it out. Leakdown test will not do a thing right now anyways though, it only has about 1 mile on it. I talked to the guy who built the motor and he reassured me of his work and that he guarantees it so thats good to hear just in case.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Well, one of the pumps was wired backwards so once we switched that back we started her up and bam... no oil smoking out the back. I was so happy to smell normal exhaust fumes rather than burning oil. Since we switched everything up so that the two return lines for the turbos are independant of each other, I will just keep it that way with two identical pumps on each side. Well, as soon as I get a dyno time scheduled for her I will be posting up some #'s. Thanks guys!

fastmustang70

Established Member
Why dont you get the car tuned at stairghtline performance in new lenox IL there number is 815-485-7741 Ask for nick and tell him Ron sent you there and he will take care of you well Just if you need a good tuner

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Why dont you get the car tuned at stairghtline performance in new lenox IL there number is 815-485-7741 Ask for nick and tell him Ron sent you there and he will take care of you well Just if you need a good tuner

I'll give him a call and let him know my situation. The car is in Danville, IL right now and if the guy that built the car dicks around too much, then I will see what this guy has to offer. They are both about the same distance... the guy that built it is in Peoria.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Awesome!!!! It should make good #'s. I know a really good tuner as well.

Users who are viewing this thread