TVS Accufab vs GT500 Dyno Comparison

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Hmmm, Interesting. I have the Accufab setup on my TVS. My motor is built so I wonder what gains I would see with the GT500 Setup. I'm also trying to work out a deal with a local company in town to make me a "one-off" custom intake for my car. Obviously, a much larger diameter to take in more air.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Im glad you did this on the same day and same dyno, kudos to you. I have always wondered about this and thought with higher boost the GT500 would pick up some good power. Now im not so sure, as you said I dont see going from 20-22 psi is going to do anything when comparing the accufab and GT500 TB. I'm sorry you spent all that money and did not receive any huge gains. Im running the Accufab and have had the idea of upgrading to the GT500 TB, now when I get the itch for more power a 35-50 shot is gonna be awfully tempting. Also we have to remember these are just 2.3 blowers and are not made to be spun to 25 psi where im sure the GT500 TB would shine.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I never dyno'd the two ... but your GT Pumps & injectors may be on the light side for e85 - barely supported my old POSI set-up with e85! ~ catted x may be holding you back also...

I don't believe the JLT HB is holding you back!

So his fuel system is holding him back? How so? Shouldn't he have seen some gains regardless of his fuel set up? Is there curtain rules when buying this tb in order to make gains? Or can we just say it isn't worth the money

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Great review and comparison....Im running a ported stock twin blade on my 2.3 Whipple and going to a Billetflow Single blade on Wednesday...since its looking like I have lost my 3.25 pulley somewhere over the last two years I should be able to do a similar comparison and see what gains if any are made there too. I definitely had throttle body envy when VMP came out with the GT500 mod, but now I don't so thanks for that! For what has been promised and written I do think they should throw some swag in or something cause well..that sh*t ain't cool.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very interesting. How is your guys idling and such with the accufab? Any hang ups? I'm surprised how well the gt500 is in that aspect.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Curious to see how the gt500 set up is idling for others as well. Like I've said before I have had trouble with my dragon, but I haven't been able to mess with it since reading Malcolm's tips on adjusting it due to knee surgery.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Great review and comparison....Im running a ported stock twin blade on my 2.3 Whipple and going to a Billetflow Single blade on Wednesday...since its looking like I have lost my 3.25 pulley somewhere over the last two years I should be able to do a similar comparison and see what gains if any are made there too. I definitely had throttle body envy when VMP came out with the GT500 mod, but now I don't so thanks for that! For what has been promised and written I do think they should throw some swag in or something cause well..that sh*t ain't cool.
I am very much looking forward to this. I agree with the fact that the blower can only push so much air. Stock to big single I could Se some gains. but big single to bigger single maybe not. We shall see. Good luck

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
So his fuel system is holding him back? How so? Shouldn't he have seen some gains regardless of his fuel set up? Is there curtain rules when buying this tb in order to make gains? Or can we just say it isn't worth the money
...I was only commenting on the OP's (I believe) disappointment with his numbers ~ maybe I'm reading it wrong!

Jake's 8 second ride never really seemed to suffer with the JLT HB kit & a 2.3L TVS...I'm also very happy with the current set-up! ... Only wish know I had dyno'd that Accufab TB! :)

TVS VERT

Established Member
Well other than rick's prototype I was the 1st to run one of these on the street what I noticed going from the dragon to ford racing SCJ mono blade was the boost came on faster...did it make the car stronger the butt dyno said yes but I didn't do a head to head comparison.....i too believed my gen 2 jlt high boost was the restriction as it does bottle neck as it gets towards the throttle body it is a lot smaller....what I wanted to do was fab up a similar setup as the 5inch intake on the 3.3 lysolm but on the passenger side obviously I priced out the setup from vortech and unfortunately I sold the car before hand.

Currently looking at running a ported trinity tvs on my 04 convertible seeing I don't think anyone has one of those on a terminator yet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bdubbs...it being a factory setup I would think the GT500 would actually result in a better idle quality.
Yeah you might be right with that!

Curious to see how the gt500 set up is idling for others as well. Like I've said before I have had trouble with my dragon, but I haven't been able to mess with it since reading Malcolm's tips on adjusting it due to knee surgery.
So far mine idles really good! Not TB related, but having my tr6's gapped at .028 I get a little popping exhaust sound at idle. Doesn't bother me though.

red beast

Banned
Well other than rick's prototype I was the 1st to run one of these on the street what I noticed going from the dragon to ford racing SCJ mono blade was the boost came on faster...did it make the car stronger the butt dyno said yes but I didn't do a head to head comparison.....i too believed my gen 2 jlt high boost was the restriction as it does bottle neck as it gets towards the throttle body it is a lot smaller....what I wanted to do was fab up a similar setup as the 5inch intake on the 3.3 lysolm but on the passenger side obviously I priced out the setup from vortech and unfortunately I sold the car before hand.

Currently looking at running a ported trinity tvs on my 04 convertible seeing I don't think anyone has one of those on a terminator yet.
I was going to post about the 5 inch intake on the vortech lysolm 3.3, maybe someone can make it work....

2004silvercobra

Established Member

The idle is fine but never had a issue with my Accufab either. The car feels the same as before.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I might do a bigger intake if I can get something that looks good and works for cheap but being over $1000 into this with the TB, 4hrs on the dyno and little bit of tuning plus taking all of Friday off I'm about done with this thing and spending money. If I do I will do a dyno comparison with that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread