TVS Accufab vs GT500 Dyno Comparison

2004silvercobra

Established Member
So I just purchased a GT500 TB for my TVS and wanted to make sure I did a same day dyno test to see what the difference was. Here are the Results.

MODS -TVS, JLT HIGH BOOST, CATTED BASSANI X, MAGNAFLOW CB, E85,GT PUMPS, 80LB INJECTORS, BAP, ACCUFAB&GT500 TB.

Accufab TB
688hp 639tq 20.23psi 20* timing
79.68 degrees 24.70 in-hg 29% humidity

GT500
690hp 633tq 20.29psi 20* timing
84.65 degrees 24.70 in-hg 27% humidity

Added a little fuel and 1* timing
691hp 640tq 20.20psi 21* timing
82.77 degrees 24.68 in-hg 28% humidity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aja3yxutws27l6b/2014-05-23 15.27.00.jpg

Not super excited about he results and it is either two things that I've been saying since it came out. 1. The 2.3 can only handle so much air and it don't matter. 2. The cold air intake is to small and doesn't feed anything bigger then a Accufab tb like it should. If you look at a Crusher Whipple or Mammoth KB the intake matches the Throttle body. My JLT high boost is only 105mm inside, the Accufab is 130mm across and the GT500 is 150mm across so I'm not sure how that makes any sense to way the GT500 TB will make way more then the Accufab.

Last edited:

SBVERT03

Established Member
Rattlesnake did you ever get yours back on the dyno after tracking down that boost leak? I remember you not being too pleased with your results either.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Probably the JLT intake is your restriction like you said. The car is breathing through a snorkel so no matter how big your TB gets it just can't get the air in it wants. The crusher setup has a 160 mm TB and an intake to match it.

IMAG1026_resized.jpg

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
I was thinking the same and trying to come up with a way to adapt the GT500 intake to the GT500 T.B.. I also believe the high boost and all the other JLT intakes for the cobra are too restrictive for the GT500 set up. My tuner had mentioned that there was a restriction in the intake as was tuning on the Dyno.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I'd want my 900$ back! Ouch! Great work OP, I know a lot of folks have been waiting to see a comparison. But to play devils advocate, I wonder if you'd see a bigger difference between the two with higher boost.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I never dyno'd the two ... but your GT Pumps & injectors may be on the light side for e85 - barely supported my old POSI set-up with e85! ~ catted x may be holding you back also...

I don't believe the JLT HB is holding you back!

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I agree on the intake possibly being a issue just need to find a way to make a bigger one if possible. I would throw more boost but if 20psi only adds 2hp I'm not sure how 22psi is gonna do any more if the intake is still a restriction. The cats flow pretty good so I wouldn't think that would be a issue either.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
snake oil

I think those air intakes are snake oil as well. I'd love to see you dyno with a factory air inlet elbow and just a 9" filter right under the hood. Bet all setups yield comparable results.....or at least shows what a horrible bang for buck those components are

2004silvercobra

Established Member
snake oil

I think those air intakes are snake oil as well. I'd love to see you dyno with a factory air inlet elbow and just a 9" filter right under the hood. Bet all setups yield comparable results.....or at least shows what a horrible bang for buck those components are

I agree. I think intakes are more for looks rather then a huge hp gain in performance. That's the main reason I did mine since it looked better then factory. I saw zero gains going from my ram air to the high boost which they have You Tube Videos showing a pretty decent hp gain with the high boost. I was just trying to eliminate intake heat with the fender well Cold Air but that didn't really matter once the car was moving iat2 were the same in the end no matter what intake.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Could be mod combination or law of diminishing returns. I think this is great information the OP is providing. Should make us think more as to the cost/benefit of changing our setups. Thanks OP.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I was thinking the same and trying to come up with a way to adapt the GT500 intake to the GT500 T.B.. I also believe the high boost and all the other JLT intakes for the cobra are too restrictive for the GT500 set up. My tuner had mentioned that there was a restriction in the intake as was tuning on the Dyno.

But the only bad part is that isn't what was promised by switching to this tb set up. I was told at least a gain of 30 rwhp but go nothing. He only gained 2 so basically that 400 bucks per horse. It would be different if the set up didn't cost as much but cost a LOT. Still waiting for response from vmp in this thread because this is bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread