TVS Accufab vs GT500 Dyno Comparison

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Great review and comparison....Im running a ported stock twin blade on my 2.3 Whipple and going to a Billetflow Single blade on Wednesday...since its looking like I have lost my 3.25 pulley somewhere over the last two years I should be able to do a similar comparison and see what gains if any are made there too. I definitely had throttle body envy when VMP came out with the GT500 mod, but now I don't so thanks for that! For what has been promised and written I do think they should throw some swag in or something cause well..that sh*t ain't cool.

You will be fine with the billetflow and have plenty of room to grow. Kevin (04sleeper) pretty much did trial and error on the 2.3 whipple and various air inlet parts more than 5 years ago now. He concluded for 22psi and E85 the factory inlet elbow and BF t/b were more than adequate to support that level with zero fitment issues and stock like drivability. The car made 714/650 in 2009 and was redynoed 5 years apart in 2013....put down 714/680 (wild to see it hit 714 again).

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
^^^ but us small displacement blower guys can dream big right? ;-D
Hey you said it not me :)

You will be fine with the billetflow and have plenty of room to grow. Kevin (04sleeper) pretty much did trial and error on the 2.3 whipple and various air inlet parts more than 5 years ago now. He concluded for 22psi and E85 the factory inlet elbow and BF t/b were more than adequate to support that level with zero fitment issues and stock like drivability. The car made 714/650 in 2009 and was redynoed 5 years apart in 2013....put down 714/680 (wild to see it hit 714 again).

Good info here

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member

Hell yeah that's great info...makes me look forward to Wednesday just a bit more...that's pretty crazy all those years later and no loss of horsepower.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Curious to see what VMP has to say.... The cost in this setup is no joke... I always felt that you got rid of one restriction (say Accufab and VMP gen 1 elbow) went bigger ( JLT GT5 TB and genII elbow) just to now be restricted by the necked down oval of the JLT hi boost tube..or the whole tube as a whole

cj428mach

Established Member
I was always interested in the GT500 TB not for power gains but for idle quality, throttle pedal feel, and cruise control. Anyone have comments on that stuff?

My accufab is perfect except the cruise control lag.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I dont drive the cobra much.. but the cruise is a little off.. but with the power, the different rate of opening, and size the cruise is a bit off but not to bad..

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm running the Accufab and my cruise has always lagged. I always thought it was the car and never even considered the TB being the culprit. I rarely use cruise and it does work just lags as you mentioned. Besides that my Accufab has always been smooth, no complaints from me.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was always interested in the GT500 TB not for power gains but for idle quality, throttle pedal feel, and cruise control. Anyone have comments on that stuff?

I haven't tried the cruise control yet, now I want to see how that does! My idle is great and the pedal feels softer now than with the oem tb.

YGETV8

Established Member
Is it just me, or does a little over 20 psi boost sound low on a 2.8 and 4 lb and no headers? Is that due to altitude?

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
SO to get this thread back on track................

who else has done the swapped and had a measurable gain in power after spending 900 bucks?

I'm going to see if i can get my car back on the dyno and see what it puts down now.. and will compare the ambient conditions of the original Accufab runs..

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Is it just me, or does a little over 20 psi boost sound low on a 2.8 and 4 lb and no headers? Is that due to altitude?

Yes the altitude is the reason why I'm only seeing 20psi with that pulley combo. I need to spin it harder to get what most do on just a 2.8 pulley. The other thing people will say is the altitude has something to do with the low gains but 20psi is the same everywhere and would think allowing my blower to suck in as much as possible here having the thin air would also help but if its really not bringing in any more air then no benefits would come of it.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

It feels about the same to me but I never use cruise control. But the accufab makes the same power as the gt500 tb

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Adam I wonder if you would have put the rai on there if you would see a difference. Ive been wanting to do the CAI over my RAI but im not so sure.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Adam I wonder if you would have put the rai on there if you would see a difference. Ive been wanting to do the CAI over my RAI but im not so sure.

I don't think the Rai would of helped. The Rai is around 95mm wide with a 9 inch filter where the High boost is 105mm with a 12 inch. I'm not sure if that bend is hurting it or not though but according to JLT they made the most power out of the High Boost CA with the 12 inch filter over the other ones.

04cobra88

Established Member
I'm just curious if anyone has dyno ed with the jlt rai and then swapped to the high boost to check hp numbers I currently have a jlt rai , and have the tvs with the gt 500 swap and I am un decided if it's worth the extra money to.change from the rai to the hb

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I'm just curious if anyone has dyno ed with the jlt rai and then swapped to the high boost to check hp numbers I currently have a jlt rai , and have the tvs with the gt 500 swap and I am un decided if it's worth the extra money to.change from the rai to the hb

I didn't do a same day dyno but didn't see any crazy gains when I swapped from my rai to a cai. my iats didn't change either once driving everything ended up the same.

Users who are viewing this thread