turbo owners is it worth it to go turbo?

What is your opinion on turbo kits?

• Yes I would do it agian but it is a PITA

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No its too much trouble I wish I had not done it

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • If you got the money and patience then do it

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Just make a built motor, twin screw car that is more than enough power

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRBO VNM

Oh snap! Really? Thats sweet! :rockon:

I think Hellion turbo is the route I am going to go :-D

yes, you will definitely increase mpg with turbo. think about it, it is running off the exhaust gases and not a belt. so it is more efficient. also, as long as you are not in boost, you are basically naturally aspirated.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
i paid 2600 for my new 2.3 whipple. 500 miles.....:shrug:

Since when does something with 500 miles on considered new? :dw: Nice try.

As far as the thread topic, I haven't completed my install yet but once I have I'll post up my opinions on everything :beer:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
^ from what ive seen 500 miles on a blower isnt alot!???? i felt that was a great price for that many miles.

i shouldnt have used the word "new" im just saying i would rather save a grand for something that is SLIGHTLY used.

Also for you turbo guys....how many of you have autos? anybody?
im going auto, and in the long run would like to go turbo, but not sure how many people can put the pros/cons out there for me.

shhak

Established Member
Well, you know my vote on the auto/manual thing. BTW, if you're looking for a good auto already built and ready to go, mine is for sale. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, I'm just going to swap to a TH400 or a Powerglide.

Janstang

Established Member
^ from what ive seen 500 miles on a blower isnt alot!???? i felt that was a great price for that many miles.

i shouldnt have used the word "new" im just saying i would rather save a grand for something that is SLIGHTLY used.

Also for you turbo guys....how many of you have autos? anybody?
im going auto, and in the long run would like to go turbo, but not sure how many people can put the pros/cons out there for me.
Turbo's work even better with an auto. If you are going to drag race at all(at the track in particular)get one with a transbrake also. You'll be leaving at full boost..

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Now that I have it right just about I am really happy turning out a 10.24 @ 136.61 MPH at the drag strip on my setup. I do have some more tuning to get done but that just means MORE POWER to come and 9's around the corner!!! Plus I still have full interior, AC, Power Steering, 2 12" JL W6s in the truck with two amps and a few other things like all the stuff I have on the interior. So I say go Turbo just know it may be a little more expensive, but nothing can put a smile on your face like 22+ PSI out of a Turbo!!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Well looks like turbo it is when its time! Now just got to figure out between single and twins :)

KJS1820

Established Member
I went from stock eaton to KB 2.2 back to a stock eaton then custom single precision T76! I would do it all over again :rockon:

DUMBASS

Banned
i am late to the party but i love my turbo car. still working on getting the most out of it at the track but it is fun. i would do it again but i think next time round i would go TT.

DUMBASS

Banned
yeah t-76 single. I would go twin for a couple reasons. 1 more power. i know i can get more out of this setup as is and even more with a bigger turbo like an 88 but that would just mak e even more lag. I know a few guys on another forum that run the Hpp twin kit. it looks awesome and fits quite well under the hood. a set of twin 61's are capable of going to the 1000whp mark if not more while keeping a reasonable spool.

TTblacksunshine

Established Member
After going turbo on my car I would turbo anything and everything. There is nothing like a turbo cobra or in my case cobra motor and there is only one thing that sounds better than a Kenn Bell screaming down the road and that is a turbo spooloing up to the tune of 700hp on 16# and not to mention the adjustability of it.

DUMBASS

Banned
After going turbo on my car I would turbo anything and everything. There is nothing like a turbo cobra or in my case cobra motor and there is only one thing that sounds better than a Kenn Bell screaming down the road and that is a turbo spooloing up to the tune of 700hp on 16# and not to mention the adjustability of it.

if you like the sound i got a video for you. this is my cobra at WOT making a super highspeed flyby, is it worth it hell yes![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaV9BTCE9Uc"]YouTube - FLYBY[/ame]

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
I have a whipple now, but I will be doing a rebuild and Hellion 76mm kit very soon, like within the next 2 months. I can't tell you guys how excited I am about this.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
seems so many people go twin screw then want turbo... I am trying to figure out if I should just skip the twin screw phase :)

viperstang

Established Member
I hear ppl talking about 800hp turbo setup's vs 600hp tc. i want to know if there were evenly match hp cars from a dig who would most likely win? 800hp turbo vs 800 3.4 tc who would most likely win?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I hear ppl talking about 800hp turbo setup's vs 600hp tc. i want to know if there were evenly match hp cars from a dig who would most likely win? 800hp turbo vs 800 3.4 tc who would most likely win?

Well first off neither car would get any traction! :)

But I would bet on the turbo car in a roll race.

DUMBASS

Banned

hard to say it would come down to the set up. there are not many 800hp TS cars. but there are lots of people with 800 hp turbo cars. when you look at the fastest cobras out there talking 1/4 mile so it is measurable. as far as i know all of the fastest ones are turbo cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread