Turbo or Blower.. I can't decide on what to do..

THAITED

Established Member
Why? heard you can take those to 6-700 hp:shrug:

Turbo with the same PSI, makes more power and torque (100+ on both). Belt slipping and alignment issues gave me a big headache. I do have 8 ribs pulleys in my car and it's still slipping just a little. My friend recently switch to a single turbo and he said his car is like a monster now.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Turbo with the same PSI, makes more power and torque (100+ on both). Belt slipping and alignment issues gave me a big headache. I do have 8 ribs pulleys in my car and it's still slipping just a little. My friend recently switch to a single turbo and he said his car is like a monster now.

ehh i hate you if buy a turbo... i want one

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Well, I had just about given up on looking for a blower, and was thinking about just taking the time to fab up a nice turbo kit, but, someone offered me a Novi at a really good price.. plus, I just received my Cushman blower cams. :)

I also scooped up a set of Proline Racing CNC'd 2 valve heads, with 1mm bigger valves, ti retainers and comp springs, with adjustable cam gears, for a really good price.

Travis

THAITED

Established Member
Well, I had just about given up on looking for a blower, and was thinking about just taking the time to fab up a nice turbo kit, but, someone offered me a Novi at a really good price.. plus, I just received my Cushman blower cams. :)

I also scooped up a set of Proline Racing CNC'd 2 valve heads, with 1mm bigger valves, ti retainers and comp springs, with adjustable cam gears, for a really good price.

Travis

How much do you want to pay for a Novi 2000 with FMIC? and vortech mini race bypass valve, Anderson Power pipe.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
the novi 2k is a pia to get aligned but once it is it makes sweet power!

It can be.. I had one on one of my old mustangs, and I had to play around with shims and such, to get it aligned. That car was fun as hell to drive when I got it all situated.

Travis

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Got my blower in.. :)

Rebuild1.JPG

Rebuild2.JPG

Picked up the blower and entire bracket kit, with some piping, for 1K.. Has about 12K miles on it, and looks/feels great.

Travis

kyoshosp2

Established Member
hey travis what you did with the heads and all from the 4v setup? also i orderd the trick flow heads for the 2v and there cam as the valves had changed sides and a normal cam will not wk the intake lobes will be running the exhaust and vice versa . shoot me your number

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Kenne Bell 2.8H kit with boheemoth intake from MPH. This would make a monster. My 600 RWHP vortech cobra had nothing to do with my Saleen with a 2.8H. The torque curve makes it easier to cut 60 foot times and it will be quicker also because you don't have to wait for the power to come on. Turbo's are awesome also, as any other centri blower. I just like the big block feel and the torque right there all the time. They also have a good top end charge with the right cams. I guess my opinion or comment was too late. Sorry, just saw you bought a novi. Good choice and I'm sure you'll love it.
Ok.. So, I've owned several blower cars.. from centri, to twin screw.. The one that I REALLY enjoyed the most, was my 2000 GT. I buit it back in 2005. It was very simple.. with a stock 2 valve (windsor), Viper spec T56, Novi 2000 head unit, and hand fabbed A/A cooler/piping. It ran high 11's on drag radials, and was a blast to drive. The Novi 2000 is a BEAST.

I also built a 650whp KB Lightning.. It made great power, but, honestly, I could never get it to the ground. The TQ curve was insane, and impossible to hook up on the street.

Last weekend, I had the chance to drive a 600+whp twin turbo GT (2 valve), with a T56. I was amazed at how strong the car pulled up top.. It felt a lot like my Novi powered Mustang.

So, I'm undecided.. I have a 04 GT, with a built 2 valve short block. I picked up a set of stock 4 valve C heads, 99 Cobra intake manifold, timing cover, gears, yada, yada. The problem, is that if I use this short block, the compression ratio will be around 8.2:1.

I want to make around 700whp.. Can the stock C heads/cams, with some good valve springs, and a 8.2:1 C/R motor, work decently with a single turbo setup? Would a Novi 2000 still perform decently on that C/R with stock heads/cams? It's a toss up between those two, but, I just wanted to hear opinions from those who have done this before.

Travis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread