Turbo mustang owners, come in.

notchy444

Established Member
Notchy, I just went through that whole build thread... two observations...
A) You have a SERIOUSLY sick car in the making buddy!
B) That thread turned VERY weird towards the end hahahahaha

Thanks man, Wait a little more once the 6R80 is finished and the big boy 84mm turbo goes on and boost goes up! yeah it just wouldnt be the same if the thread didnt get weird lol

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I guess I'll add my $.02

I own the Hellion Twin Kit.

Still have the stock motor. (for now)

Fit was perfect. Ease of installation was not difficult. I would say time consuming, but not difficult.

I ended up breaking the A/C line and replacing it because bending too much. Bought a new line from Tousley for $39 and freon. Wrapped the line 3 times with heat insulation to keep it from melting. Would have rather modified the line and moved it away. I will have a custom line made when I swap to a stronger motor.

One note. I used a Lethal Performance 3" O/R X and had to cut 2" out of the drivers side pipe and connect it with a band clamp to get it to fit properly.

Even though the battery relocation fits and works fine, I still plan on relocating it to the trunk. Too close to heat IMO and will kill the battery eventually.

I Opted to have the down pipes ceramic coated and I wrapped them and added turbo blankets as well. Was too hot for my liking under the hood without the wrap and blankets.

I did the install in my garage on jack stands. It wasn't bad at all.

Here is a link to my build thread if you care to follow along. I took detailed pictures along the whole install.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...own-Has-Begun!-Hellion-TT-Install!&highlight=

I tuned the car myself. It took a little work because I had to start from scratch, but the car now drives like stock and idles perfect. I did have some help from John at Hellion on a few small quirks that worked just like he told me. The crew at Hellion have been great! Anything I have ever needed help with they bent over backwards to help. Can't say enough good things about them. When I get an email at 10 PM from John excited about my install, that shows more than customer service in my opinion. It shows passion. Very glad I went this route.

I have had no issues with the car since the install except wanting more power! LOL. I will be swapping the motor for a build one probably next year.

I will add the car is a blast to drive and the power comes on very smooth. When I take people for rides the first comment is usually how smooth and quiet the car is and drives. One of the reasons I love the kit. It is very unassuming.

I tuned the car on the street on the wastegate spring pressure with the 5 psi springs. Here are the results on 6 psi.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?985652-Hellion-TT-On-The-Dyno!&highlight=

Hope this helps, Kevin

thepostageman

Established Member
Good info to read into. Another question, the shop i go too is closed until tuesday, so I just wanted to see what a possible problem was before then. I have white smoke coming from exhaust at idle and upon giving it gas. I thought maybe i was low on oil, so i ended up adding two quartz and its still doing it. Oil was changed when turbos were installed so it wasn't that long ago. Anyone else experience this?

silver50

Established Member
Good info to read into. Another question, the shop i go too is closed until tuesday, so I just wanted to see what a possible problem was before then. I have white smoke coming from exhaust at idle and upon giving it gas. I thought maybe i was low on oil, so i ended up adding two quartz and its still doing it. Oil was changed when turbos were installed so it wasn't that long ago. Anyone else experience this?
Sounds like you are burning oil. It could be that your turbo oil feed lines are flowing too much oil to the turbos, and the oil is getting pushed passed the seals of the turbo. you might need to restrict some of the oil flowing through the tubos. I believe other with hellion twin kit have had similar issues. Most have used nitrous jets in the oil feed line to limit the amount of oil going to the turbos. hope this helps and it is not a bigger issue with the motor and oil getting pushed passed your piston rings.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

What turbos? What kit? What year car?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Are you using restrictors for the oil lines? I have .030s in mine with 0 smoke. Flowed just at 12oz over 30 seconds.

Nuar

Established Member
I guess I'll add my $.02

I own the Hellion Twin Kit.

Still have the stock motor. (for now)

Fit was perfect. Ease of installation was not difficult. I would say time consuming, but not difficult.

I ended up breaking the A/C line and replacing it because bending too much. Bought a new line from Tousley for $39 and freon. Wrapped the line 3 times with heat insulation to keep it from melting. Would have rather modified the line and moved it away. I will have a custom line made when I swap to a stronger motor.

One note. I used a Lethal Performance 3" O/R X and had to cut 2" out of the drivers side pipe and connect it with a band clamp to get it to fit properly.

Even though the battery relocation fits and works fine, I still plan on relocating it to the trunk. Too close to heat IMO and will kill the battery eventually.

I Opted to have the down pipes ceramic coated and I wrapped them and added turbo blankets as well. Was too hot for my liking under the hood without the wrap and blankets.

I did the install in my garage on jack stands. It wasn't bad at all.

Here is a link to my build thread if you care to follow along. I took detailed pictures along the whole install.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...own-Has-Begun!-Hellion-TT-Install!&highlight=

I tuned the car myself. It took a little work because I had to start from scratch, but the car now drives like stock and idles perfect. I did have some help from John at Hellion on a few small quirks that worked just like he told me. The crew at Hellion have been great! Anything I have ever needed help with they bent over backwards to help. Can't say enough good things about them. When I get an email at 10 PM from John excited about my install, that shows more than customer service in my opinion. It shows passion. Very glad I went this route.

I have had no issues with the car since the install except wanting more power! LOL. I will be swapping the motor for a build one probably next year.

I will add the car is a blast to drive and the power comes on very smooth. When I take people for rides the first comment is usually how smooth and quiet the car is and drives. One of the reasons I love the kit. It is very unassuming.

I tuned the car on the street on the wastegate spring pressure with the 5 psi springs. Here are the results on 6 psi.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?985652-Hellion-TT-On-The-Dyno!&highlight=

Hope this helps, Kevin

Damn, i went through your whole thread... you definitely did not skimp on the car. All top shelf parts. Very impressive.
On top of that all work on your own and... your own tuning. I tip my hat to you sir.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member

You need the oil restrictors. Put them in mine and problem solved. Call Hellion and they will send you the kit.

thepostageman

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;fq-zJ5R78Zg]http://youtu.be/fq-zJ5R78Zg[/video]Hey what oil are you guys running? I was told to try 5w50 and it might help?

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Pennzoil ultra 10w-30

.030 restrictors
12oz per 30 seconds
0 smoke at any time

thepostageman

Established Member
Pennzoil ultra 10w-30

.030 restrictors
12oz per 30 seconds
0 smoke at any time

Thank you, Im going to try an oil change first.
Then ill see about the restrictors.
Does the hellion kit not already have them? (assuming not..)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm not sure about the older kits but the new ones come with the restrictors. They're just nitrous jets so you can call up Nitrous Express and have them send you a pair and boom, problem solved.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Damn, i went through your whole thread... you definitely did not skimp on the car. All top shelf parts. Very impressive.
On top of that all work on your own and... your own tuning. I tip my hat to you sir.
Thank you.

thepostageman

Established Member
I'm not sure about the older kits but the new ones come with the restrictors. They're just nitrous jets so you can call up Nitrous Express and have them send you a pair and boom, problem solved.

Is this something I'd do myself, or have the shop that ordered everything do?
I ordered the kit almost three months ago so its a "newer" one.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I would call up Jeff or John at Hellion and ask them what they recommend.

What year is your car? I know they include the jets on the 13/14s are they have higher oil pressure as a result of the deletion of the piston squirters.

thepostageman

Established Member
I would call up Jeff or John at Hellion and ask them what they recommend.

What year is your car? I know they include the jets on the 13/14s are they have higher oil pressure as a result of the deletion of the piston squirters.

Alright then yea, its a 2012. Ill give them a call.

Edit: Yea, called them and talked to Jeff, and he said I was given .03 restrictors. Maybe it was overlooked on the install, is there anyway to check if the restrictors are in?

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Alright then yea, its a 2012. Ill give them a call.

Edit: Yea, called them and talked to Jeff, and he said I was given .03 restrictors. Maybe it was overlooked on the install, is there anyway to check if the restrictors are in?

Ya, just take the oil supply line off the turbo slowly and see if there is a nitrous jet in there. Mine were AN fittings so I had no choice but to put something there, otherwise it would leak. I don't know how the older kits had their oil supply run. Take a pic and post up.

Users who are viewing this thread