TUNING OPINIONS.. give me yours

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I would appreciate a pm in detailing the original purpose for you deleting my first post. That is all ill say further publicly on the matter

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I would buy a tune from anyone that can solve my surging problem with my Roush 5.0 auto..

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
What is going on? Page 3 on make my brain hurt.
O/p if you don't own a handheld tuner how were you expecting to get tuned in the first place? Bluetooth?

Bud

Established Member
I would buy a tune from anyone that can solve my surging problem with my Roush 5.0 auto..

I'm sorry to hear that yours is having such bad issues with the surge. Have you gotten any revisions to your tune? Mine surges but it doesn't always happen and when it does it is easy to drive around. Hopefully you get yours sorted man.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Just for NA no.. It's double the cost and not even close to double the results. For FI or even spray.. Ya id be careful about mail. But good data logging would suffice I'm sure.

really? i was thinking about full exhaust with no cats and maybe an intake. i don't care about the dyno number or spending a little more. i just want the tune to be spot on and somewhat conservative.

in that case would custom dyno tune be better for me? this is my first american car, i know nothing about tuning them. thanks

PIKE5.0

Established Member
really? i was thinking about full exhaust with no cats and maybe an intake. i don't care about the dyno number or spending a little more. i just want the tune to be spot on and somewhat conservative.

in that case would custom dyno tune be better for me? this is my first american car, i know nothing about tuning them. thanks

Dude you'll be solid with an email tune. Looks like any mentioned in this thread would be solid. I'd be willing to bet you $$ a dyno tune wouldn't scavenge anything viable versus a tuner. Especially with what you're wanting to do.

But ultimately do what's most comfortable for you after you're educated to continentment ya know..?

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Dude you'll be solid with an email tune. Looks like any mentioned in this thread would be solid. I'd be willing to bet you $$ a dyno tune wouldn't scavenge anything viable versus a tuner. Especially with what you're wanting to do.

But ultimately do what's most comfortable for you after you're educated to continentment ya know..?

thank you

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I have been following this thread and have yet to see anyone mention #8 issues. When I am ready for a tune I am going with either Amazon or AED, leaning towards amazon since they have an auto like mine, but has Shaun at AED had any #8 issues? Both seem to be very safe and top notch tuners but I do remember a thread on here that was closed a while back from a guy that blew his motor on shauns tune. Not sure if that was BS or not though.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Shauns tunes mess with the timing of the motor. I think he mostly adjusts the vvct I know by doing this he would avoid all the #8 issues. I personally know and have ridden in 3 cars with his tunes and coyote Motors
And they all run hard. One is pushing 625 rwhp and the other 2 are na. While I do not have a coyote 5.0 I have had the pleasure of an Aed tune and Shaun really does know his stuff. Another important note is that Aed really stands by there work. First shop I have ever used that I can say that with confidence. There's my .02. Hope it helps.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have been following this thread and have yet to see anyone mention #8 issues. When I am ready for a tune I am going with either Amazon or AED, leaning towards amazon since they have an auto like mine, but has Shaun at AED had any #8 issues? Both seem to be very safe and top notch tuners but I do remember a thread on here that was closed a while back from a guy that blew his motor on shauns tune. Not sure if that was BS or not though.

Not true.

98ss88mm

Established Member
OP... you are going to see ALOT of sour opinions on this. Especially on this site... but if you want an honest opinion, it probably doesnt matter what you do as far as stock-bolt on tune. All of the companies mentioned are good, and there are fanboys for all parties.

I had a Lund tune, seemed fine but didnt have many miles. Changed mods and got a local dyno tune (as XXX has already tuned several including a blower car). The main difference, if you want my opinion, is that ANY mail order tune will be slightly more conservative than a local dyno tune. Not always a bad thing though, just kind of the nature of the business.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

the only mods to my car are LTs catted X and catback. Shauns tune in my car is spot on! car makes more power everywhere (butt dyno lol )and is more conservative than my JMS tune.

also if your worried about #8 i highly suggest calling and talking to him! Ill tell you im not concerned in the slightest.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Dang I shoulda started this thread. I want free tunes.:rockon:

Any one who purchases a hand held tuner from us gets free shipping,free custom tuning service,unlimited support,free revisions for as long as they own the vehicle no matter what they add to the set up as long as Amazon remains your only tuner..
$399

We have had this offer for years. Thousands have taken advantage of Rick's many many years of tuning expereince and knowledge.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
To answer questions about Email tuning.. There is a distinction between remote email tuning and getting a tune via email. Make sure which your are getting.
Remote tuning is done via email but the tune is based on specific PIDs datalogs and AF readings plus driver feedback to build your tune.. Remote tuning or dyno tuning really is a personal preference. But a remote tuning session done by a reputable e tuner is just as reliable as a dyno tune and is a viable option to consider

Rick was one of the first e tuners to offer remote tuning and has been doing them for many years.

SicShelby09

Banned
Any one who purchases a hand held tuner from us gets free shipping,free custom tuning service,unlimited support,free revisions for as long as they own the vehicle no matter what they add to the set up as long as Amazon remains your only tuner..
$399

We have had this offer for years. Thousands have taken advantage of Rick's many many years of tuning expereince and knowledge.

Ok so I have a real question. What happens if someone gets an email tune from you. Then decides to try someone else for whatever reason. Figures out they were happier with your tune, but needs revisions for some new mods. Does that person not get any free revisions because they flashed someone elses tune? I dont see how a. you would know they did, and b. why it would matter anyway? Nobody would be holding you liable for engine damage. I can see why the Bama people would specify that you couldnt be tuned by anyone else before of after you flash theirs, but that specifically pertains to their #8 warranty. Not to their free tunes for life. Again, Im failing to understand why it matters who tuned a car before or since getting a tune from you. All they have to do is flash it back to stock from whatever tune they had, then flash yours on the car. Nobody would be editing anyone elses tunes...ya know? Maybe Im missing something, and IM not trying to bust your chimes, I just want clarification, as do others. Can you explain more into this please?

Brian

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I answered this question once already. But here is my answer again.

If we are going to be committed to you for as long as you have the vehicle with free revisions for whatever you add to the combo then we are asking for the same commitment back. I don't think that is too much to ask for having free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle.

You don't need to jump around from tuner to tuner if you have one who will continue to work with you until the tuning process is to your satisfaction and then update when you add a new mod that needs a revision.

Usually when a customer moves on for whatever reason they do not come back.

This has always been our policy since we began doing free revisions. We have never seen any need to change it for the reason stated above for the second time.

jayman33

I'm not gonna lie, my tune is from Rick over at Amazon. He had some problems tuning my car, I have a 2011 GT, 2.3 Whipple, 3.25 pulley, JLT CAI and a slew of other parts. It took about 2 months in total to get my tune pretty dialed in but.... it still has some querks.
I'm saying this to actually compliment Rick, in total I've received roughly 12+ revised tunes and about 8 hours on his dyno although it did take 3 revised tunes after my dyno session. I have a wideband so I was able to see my A/F and that was never an issue so I never worried my engine would blow.
Rick was extremely patient but at the same time, so was I. In my opinion a customer would probably walk away after a month of not being able to get their tune right or the tuner themself would lose patience and give up. Rick never gave up, you can ask Linn, I called just about everyday for 2 months and talked to Rick almost every time.
Linn, I'm sorry but I did buy a tune from another company and I actually use both. If I can no longer get revised tunes I completely understand I however never knew I couldn't use another tuner. They both offer their own characteristics and I enjoy each in their own way. Please trust me when I say I felt as if I was cheating on my wife when I ordered the other tune. I just had to see, I was willing to spend the money to see if another company had issues with my car.
Linn, I will continue to tell everyone about your company, you two are truly awesome. You offer the best customer service I've ever experienced and I know Rick has a lot of knowledge, he may have had issues with just my car. I will continue using your company even if I have to pay again, my next car will still get your service. Its hard to find a company that is honest and that truly cares for their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread