TUNING OPINIONS.. give me yours

ViciousJay

Established Member
my vote again is shaun or BBR. I love my BBR tune and with 3.90 gears on the street i average 20 mpg, on the highway not so much :D but when im conservative its around 24mpg. If i had 250 to blow id call shaun and give him a try cuz i heard great things, plus id like to replace my current cammed tune to shauns

SicShelby09

Banned
my vote again is shaun or BBR. I love my BBR tune and with 3.90 gears on the street i average 20 mpg, on the highway not so much :D but when im conservative its around 24mpg. If i had 250 to blow id call shaun and give him a try cuz i heard great things, plus id like to replace my current cammed tune to shauns

Just do what I do and launder $20 a week or so from your bank account under the wife's nose. She will never know. You can call it your "hooker" fund like I do. Honestly I would be in less trouble if she found my "mod" money, but thought I was saving it for a hooker. She hates my car and everything to do with it.... She would burn the cash before she would let me spend it on the car.......... :rolling:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Just do what I do and launder $20 a week or so from your bank account under the wife's nose. She will never know. You can call it your "hooker" fund like I do. Honestly I would be in less trouble if she found my "mod" money, but thought I was saving it for a hooker. She hates my car and everything to do with it.... She would burn the cash before she would let me spend it on the car.......... :rolling:

Ahhhhh, wives. LOL.

D.T.R

Established Member
Ahhhhh, wives. LOL.

LAWL.gif

Mine used to be that way... and now got hooked on going fast.
She's letting me spend $4k in my built transmission for my Honda and $1k for the twin disk... plus another $2k of miscellaneous things. Thanks god for tax returns lmao

Next tax return is for the 5.0 (her car) ... hopefully some forced induction :rockon:

It's a long process... but you have to train them man ahaha they have to realize that when they can't beat the enemy, they better join them.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Mine have both been retired from active duty. It is easier that way. ;-)

Mike

I'm only 26 and not in the military so I'm pretty far from any kind of retirement lmao... so I had to train mine...

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
you guys can train all you want but when a women is in the process of getting married and wanting a baby they are bat shit crazy!

We need a fence for the pooches but the wedding is more important, we need tp paint certain rooms? wedding is more important. Need to tile the laminate crap floors? WEDDING IS MORE IMPORTANT! these are the answers i get... Do you think i have the nerve to say anything about modding hahahaha now that i have a nice big house i just hide it in the attic when i buy stuff :D

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
There are several tuners who are vendors here who have been working with the 5.0 platform for close to 2 years. They have developed their tuning and tested the bolts ons and power adders months and months ago. Those tuners are Amazon,BBR,Evo,VMP,Livernois,AM

Experience and knowledge are very important with this platform.

When it comes to selecting a tuner you should talk to any that you are considering. You may fear you will get a sales pitch but what you will get is a feel for whether that tuner is someone who you can work with and what he can accomplish for you and how.

D.T.R

Established Member
you guys can train all you want but when a women is in the process of getting married and wanting a baby they are bat shit crazy!

We need a fence for the pooches but the wedding is more important, we need tp paint certain rooms? wedding is more important. Need to tile the laminate crap floors? WEDDING IS MORE IMPORTANT! these are the answers i get... Do you think i have the nerve to say anything about modding hahahaha now that i have a nice big house i just hide it in the attic when i buy stuff :D

Yeah... mine tried to pull that on me
"Honey we need to fence the back yard... I already got some estimates for some vinyl fences ..." I'm like.. "nigga please" :rollseyes lmao

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yeah... mine tried to pull that on me
"Honey we need to fence the back yard... I already got some estimates for some vinyl fences ..." I'm like.. "nigga please" :rollseyes lmao

no i want to do all those things! she keeps saying WEDDING!!!!!!!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
There are several tuners who are vendors here who have been working with the 5.0 platform for close to 2 years. They have developed their tuning and tested the bolts ons and power adders months and months ago. Those tuners are Amazon,BBR,Evo,VMP,Livernois,AM

Experience and knowledge are very important with this platform.

When it comes to selecting a tuner you should talk to any that you are considering. You may fear you will get a sales pitch but what you will get is a feel for whether that tuner is someone who you can work with and what he can accomplish for you and how.

Very true. And, there are also guys with unsafe tunes that blew up cars through testing...often through testing on their customer's cars.

I have been where the OP is right now. I did my research, I talked to people. In the end, I chose the guy who is getting better results than the majority of tuners (regardless of how many years tuning the Coyote), who has not had failures, and who provides me with personalized attention. It is not just about testing the components to see if they work, it is about verifying if those components have a real value and should be added to your car. When someone is running quicker times with a safe tune and half the mods, you have to wonder why.

Mike

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
I would go with AED or Amazon. I went with Shaun at AED and his tunes/customer service are awesome. He will answer your questions and email you updates any time of the day, I got a few emails from him around 6pm on Sundays, blew my mind.

My brother when he had his 5.0 drove down to South Carolina to get Dyno tuned by Rick at Amazon and that trip was worth the 9+ hours to see Rick work and talk with him and Linn, the drive home with the new tune was a blast. Either AED or Amazon hands down.

scotmach

Established Member
I'm very happy with my VMP tune and the customer service Justin has given me. I haven't tried a tune from anyone else but don't feel the need to.

SicShelby09

Banned
no i want to do all those things! she keeps saying WEDDING!!!!!!!

Wait until you get those wedding checks though. It will be all worth it. Now having a baby is different. There are no baby checks that come after the little one is born. Just bills and toys. Toys that you cant play with. We are expecting our third. And believe it or not, I managed to dodge selling the mustang but I had to get a minivan as my DD. And to be honest, its awesome. Quiet, smooth and easy to drive. Everything my mustang is not.....LOL. So bottom line, the wedding is a great investment. I paid out close to $10k for our wedding, and got $15k back in checks. We honeymooned in vegas and lost it all. Just had enough for a bag of chips at the airport for the ride home. Thank god we didnt cash in the plane tickets......

Zacharyx

Established Member
I deal with JMS, never had issues,send my datalog around lunch normally have the tune back by dinner.

Van@RevanRacing

Fairly new here, liking what I see! Long story short my 5.0 is destined for TT build for 900-1100, just where ever I can ultimately afford. That is minimum 10k miles away, realistically probably more like 20k when that 36k warranty is up (at least milk it a little). This wouldn't even be an option and wasn't the original goal but I stumbled across a free DD, so success! no worries there..

Interested in E85 tune, but I'm from Dallas and have yet to hear of a legit placing tuning E85 and not charging $1,500 for the damn tune. I've researched many and got mixed reviews but since being here I've discovered ones I never knew (VMP, AED, etc..) extremely pleased with the threads I've read about these. But really haven't uncovered much detailed info. Like do these mail order reliably, etc.. There are good stang shops here but it seems like I know someone that's had a bad experience with each.

If you guys don't mind, could you chime in on your tune, was it mail or dyno? what led you to go with your decision. And if you've hit that 430-440 mark NA, what are your mods?

This could be a duplicate and it may be asking a lot. But I'd really appreciate it rather than trolling around through all the junk.

I work solely with Jon Lund for tunes with all of my customers. Jon and I actually own a dyno together. (The one you might have seen all of the Twin Turbo Build Pulls done by Ken B) I have personally traveled to fix other "tooners" cars to get them right. If you'd like to discuss some of the real examples we've had I'd be happy to take your call and walk you through it.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
561-445-7702

gkviper192

Established Member
I work solely with Jon Lund for tunes with all of my customers. Jon and I actually own a dyno together. (The one you might have seen all of the Twin Turbo Build Pulls done by Ken B) I have personally traveled to fix other "tooners" cars to get them right. If you'd like to discuss some of the real examples we've had I'd be happy to take your call and walk you through it.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs
561-445-7702

Call Van, he is top notch, you won't be disappointed !

Users who are viewing this thread