TUNING OPINIONS.. give me yours

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Fairly new here, liking what I see! Long story short my 5.0 is destined for TT build for 900-1100, just where ever I can ultimately afford. That is minimum 10k miles away, realistically probably more like 20k when that 36k warranty is up (at least milk it a little). This wouldn't even be an option and wasn't the original goal but I stumbled across a free DD, so success! no worries there..

Interested in E85 tune, but I'm from Dallas and have yet to hear of a legit placing tuning E85 and not charging $1,500 for the damn tune. I've researched many and got mixed reviews but since being here I've discovered ones I never knew (VMP, AED, etc..) extremely pleased with the threads I've read about these. But really haven't uncovered much detailed info. Like do these mail order reliably, etc.. There are good stang shops here but it seems like I know someone that's had a bad experience with each.

If you guys don't mind, could you chime in on your tune, was it mail or dyno? what led you to go with your decision. And if you've hit that 430-440 mark NA, what are your mods?

This could be a duplicate and it may be asking a lot. But I'd really appreciate it rather than trolling around through all the junk.

ViciousJay

Established Member
no need for an E85 tune, its proven worthless on this car if staying N/A

call all the vendors and search it out, its all personal preference

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If you want an E85 tune, the person to talk to is Shaun at AED. However, I am pretty sure that even he has abandoned E85 and is back to regular gas. He does, however, have mucho experience tuning these cars for it.

Mike

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Ok no E85 then lol..

Calling the vendors isn't what I'm interested in, not looking for sales pitch. Not saying they're all sales pitches, but it's the same story from most of them so far. Looking for customer rational and experience with tunes of their choice.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Ok no E85 then lol..

Calling the vendors isn't what I'm interested in, not looking for sales pitch. Not saying they're all sales pitches, but it's the same story from most of them so far. Looking for customer rational and experience with tunes of their choice.

Shaun from AED.

/thread.

Mike

ViciousJay

Established Member
Ok no E85 then lol..

again someone might say something great about a tuner and someone might say something total opposite. Personally i would talk to BBR, and AED only. Thats just me personally

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
When i bought my tuner i got Bama tunes, they were ok. I wanted tuning more geared for my car specifically and went to True Street in McKinney, TX.

Your not far from them and they welcome people to stop by the shop and hang out.
Might be something to check out since your close, Sean and Clint are stand up guys and are willing to help in whatever plans you have for the car.
Clints Wife actually DD's an 11 GT Auto that is fully bolted.

Lots of avenues for tuning for this car, only you can decide on whats going to work best for your situation.

Last edited:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Shaun from AED.

/thread.

Mike

Just wanted to make sure he did mail order. Nothing on his website that I saw says so. But ya very interested in this guy.

When i bought my tuner i got Bama tunes, they were ok. I wanted tuning more geared for my car specifically and went to True Street in McKinney, TX.

Your not far from them and they welcome people to stop by the shop and hang out.
Might be something to check out since your close, Sean and Clint are stand up guys and are willing to help in whatever plans you have for the car.
Clints Wife actually DD's an 11 GT Auto that is fully bolted.

Lots of avenues for tuning for this car, only you can decide on whats going to work best for your situation.

Familiar with shop, had brief email exchange with Sean and Clint.. They were helpful, I was still too indecisive at the time. Also, figured the $ per hp to going through there bolt on suggestion against basic TT build at 600-650hp. The $ per hp number was double via True Streets strategy for 440hp, versus the stock motor TT including clutch and fuel system. So basic efficiency had me chill for a bit but now I'm bored and need more until the build funds are all there.

SicShelby09

Banned
Just wanted to make sure he did mail order. Nothing on his website that I saw says so. But ya very interested in this guy.

Familiar with shop, had brief email exchange with Sean and Clint.. They were helpful, I was still too indecisive at the time. Also, figured the $ per hp to going through there bolt on suggestion against basic TT build at 600-650hp. The $ per hp number was double via True Streets strategy for 440hp, versus the stock motor TT including clutch and fuel system. So basic efficiency had me chill for a bit but now I'm bored and need more until the build funds are all there.

Yep, mail order!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

Shaun from AED.

/thread.

Mike

This, Shaun is an Awesome dude to work with. Spent most of his weekend dialing my tunes in. He always answers my questions pretty quick (even the dumb ones I ask) I havent dynoed my car yet but ill tell you Shauns tunes compared to my JMS tune night and day. My car makes power everywhere and it finally feels like I am finally utilizing the power gains of my Lts. Im going to the track this sunday so ill get to really test it out and see how it compares. I havent even tried out the Drag tune yet.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Mail order tune, yes. However, it is not just a "here is my canned tune, that will be X dollars, please." The tune involves pre and post-tune datalogging and tweaking and adjustments that you may request. Also, Shaun is constantly working on the tune with his own personal car, so it is evolving. He uses both the dyno and the racetrack to dial these tunes in. Finally, Shaun is a real person who will provide you with customer service. He answers e-mails, will talk to you on the phone and generally just makes sure you are satisfied. He cares about his customers.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This, Shaun is an Awesome dude to work with. Spent most of his weekend dialing my tunes in. He always answers my questions pretty quick (even the dumb ones I ask) I havent dynoed my car yet but ill tell you Shauns tunes compared to my JMS tune night and day. My car makes power everywhere and it finally feels like I am finally utilizing the power gains of my Lts. Im going to the track this sunday so ill get to really test it out and see how it compares. I havent even tried out the Drag tune yet.

The drag tune is fun. All of the tunes make the same power, however the difference is in how the car drives. The drag tune is wild.

Mike

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Mail order tune, yes. However, it is not just a "here is my canned tune, that will be X dollars, please." The tune involves pre and post-tune datalogging and tweaking and adjustments that you may request. Also, Shaun is constantly working on the tune with his own personal car, so it is evolving. He uses both the dyno and the racetrack to dial these tunes in. Finally, Shaun is a real person who will provide you with customer service. He answers e-mails, will talk to you on the phone and generally just makes sure you are satisfied. He cares about his customers.

Mike

Info I was looking for! Thanks a lot guys.. I'll look into AED

SicShelby09

Banned
The drag tune is fun. All of the tunes make the same power, however the difference is in how the car drives. The drag tune is wild.

Mike

I wanted to flash that this weekend, but the snow came again. F-ing midwest. Once it all dries up, i will give it a shot.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You want someone who's not going to throw you a sales pitch, call AED. Shaun will just talk with you about shit and help you understand.. Just about everytime I talk to him he goes into explaining the newest stuff on the 5.0's and how cool it is.. Then we talk about my car and how it's doing etc etc.. Great guy to talk with. :D.. But you can also call my bias..

Users who are viewing this thread