Tuned 2020 gt500 vs E85 HELLCAT A8

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Heavy Gtrs are doing fine even at 2000hp. But yes they wont handle any good Power stock and also gona be big money to build one
The GTR transmission is glass stock and has protection built in. They even voided warranties over engaging launch mode. They improved it and still put a mandatory “cool down” period on it where it locks out launch control for x amount of time.

Last edited:

ajaf1656

Established Member
I've been out of the drag racing/ street racing scene for quite a while. When did beeping your horn while driving to start a race become acceptable to non-ricers? Shouldn't you flash your hazards when you win while the other guy does a flyby and claims victory? Lol

IA Shelby

Established Member
The GTR transmission is glass stock and has protection built in. They even voided warranties over engaging launch mode. They improved it and still put a mandatory “cool down” period on it where it locks out launch control for x amount of time.
Nissan doesn’t void warranty for using launch mode. At It will require a cool down if you launch it like 4 time in a row so the trans temp can drop below 200. It is true that if you want to run 650+ in TQ you should have the transmission reinforced by Shep.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nissan doesn’t void warranty for using launch mode. At It will require a cool down if you launch it like 4 time in a row so the trans temp can drop below 200. It is true that if you want to run 650+ in TQ you should have the transmission reinforced by Shep.
Earlier models most certainly did have it voided. There was a class action lawsuit about it.

This Is Nissan's GT-R Launch-Control Warranty Settlement

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Cracks me up. This is a bone stock, 93 tuned GT500. All other cars have pulleys and such. Have you seen res delete E85 Lund tuned car pulling 830 RWHP. That would have been a very different race. Just wait boys and girls, the new GT 500 will hurt a lot of feelings.

Not really.

The 945whp gt500 is trapping 139 and 140.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cam346

Established Member
well my thought any gt mustang with twins or sc will beat this car. it heavy and the 10 speed gt are fast as hell.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Woah. HC was not ****ing around. I would prefer stock versus stock, HC vs GT500 and Pinkeye vs GT500 and Demon vs GT500. GT500 looked ****in good though. It'll take a little while for the pulleys and E85 stuff.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Woah. HC was not ****ing around. I would prefer stock versus stock, HC vs GT500 and Pinkeye vs GT500 and Demon vs GT500. GT500 looked ****in good though. It'll take a little while for the pulleys and E85 stuff.

Pulley swap, e85, exhaust, and ported blower have already been done on the new 500.

It netted a 9.94@140 and a few 10.0’s at 139.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Trans will be the biggest issue I don’t see it holding up . And would hate to know what it cost for a new one .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That trap speed and E.T. seem weak for 945whp. A lot of guys here saying it’s a drag pak away from 9s. LOL
You are correct, but it’s being held back by electronics.
It’ll be figured out soon.
The biggest weakness is the weight, but all these cars are heavy.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct, but it’s being held back by electronics.
It’ll be figured out soon.
The biggest weakness is the weight, but all these cars are heavy.
-J

What I don’t get is how it can make 945 on the dyno, but seemingly not 945 on the drag strip.

That is not electronics related. Watching the drag video, the passes appear to be pretty damn clean with the car even 60 foot’ing nicely in the 1.6 range on 20” tires.

IMO, either the 945 number was not honest, or the weight is really hurting the car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you, I’d really like to see the logs and see the IATs and timing down track. Otherwise the weight is the issue.
Those front 16.5” rotors are close to 45# and the front wheel and brake weight is high on this car.
It’s just so early on in the process.
But you’re right, definitely not 945rwhp down track.
-J

q6543

Established Member
The SILENCE of the mouthy cameraman as they are getting GAPPPPEDD..

Fn hilarious.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What I don’t get is how it can make 945 on the dyno, but seemingly not 945 on the drag strip.

That is not electronics related. Watching the drag video, the passes appear to be pretty damn clean with the car even 60 foot’ing nicely in the 1.6 range on 20” tires.

IMO, either the 945 number was not honest, or the weight is really hurting the car.

Im thinking not honest. Because even if it is getting torque limited, the hp should show in the trap speed. It’s only going 3-4mph faster than a stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread