Tuned 2020 gt500 vs E85 HELLCAT A8

q6543

Established Member
Yeah... that's not good enough. At all.

Car must be damn near maxxed out from the factory.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Same gt500 on this video ran 10.1@144 With just pulley, cat deletes and e85!

Tuned by Ken @ palm beach dyno.. So there it is.. Car will only get better from now on
I’m assuming at least injectors are also needed?

DarkMach1

Established Member
Maybe when they break into the TM part of it, IF they haven’t, it will get a bit faster.

gofast15

Established Member
The GTR transmission is glass stock and has protection built in. They even voided warranties over engaging launch mode. They improved it and still put a mandatory “cool down” period on it where it locks out launch control for x amount of time.
Talk about being clueless. My FBO E85 GTR had around 500 launches on stock transmission and clutches .Anything from street tires to drag radials and full slicks , tons of bottom 10 second passes with sub 1.5 60 foot . 4050lb car with me in it .

gofast15

Established Member
Tuning makes a huge difference on DCT transmissions. 911 Turbo Porsches with PDK had clutch slip issues running around 600whp back in the days when transmission tuning wasn't available. Since the tuning got available, there are cars out there making around 800whp running stock clutches without any issues.

There are Porsches and GTRs out there running 1.3s 60' with stock DCT and clutches .

PIPO

Established Member

What was the dyno numbers? That’s pretty good for the mods.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So if I’m reading between the lines, the orange car that was in the vids with just a 93 pump PBD tune and Toyo R888Rs, must have went to the track rental they mentioned and is now running 10.1@144 with the PBD 900hp package (off road pipes, upper pulley, E85).
Now that’s what I was expecting from this car—bottom 10s/high 9s with the most basics of bolt-ons and E85.
Look forward to seeing the real story and results.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Tuning makes a huge difference on DCT transmissions. 911 Turbo Porsches with PDK had clutch slip issues running around 600whp back in the days when transmission tuning wasn't available. Since the tuning got available, there are cars out there making around 800whp running stock clutches without any issues.

There are Porsches and GTRs out there running 1.3s 60' with stock DCT and clutches .

Obviously as a future owner and one who is very positive on the potential of the Tremec/Ford DCT, that example of the PDK and GTR results based on experience and tuning, is welcomed to hear.
Let’s hope for similar results from Tremec’s effort assisted by Ford and Chevy engineers.
-J

PIPO

Established Member
So if I’m reading between the lines, the orange car that was in the vids with just a 93 pump PBD tune and Toyo R888Rs, must have went to the track rental they mentioned and is now running 10.1@144 with the PBD 900hp package (off road pipes, upper pulley, E85).
Now that’s what I was expecting from this car—bottom 10s/high 9s with the most basics of bolt-ons and E85.
Look forward to seeing the real story and results.
-J

Correct, and it put down 835whp.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct, and it put down 835whp.
Ok cool, I’m sure I’ll see it shortly, but that was my guess once we knew the combo: about 800rwhp around 8000rpm with catless exhaust, E85/octane and a few extra pounds of boost giving high 9s potential on nothing more than a tire.
Well done considering that doesn’t really take away its street or road course potential.
The best ‘triathlete’ Mustang ever made.
-J

jleews6

Established Member
I think all the new cars are impressive and in time the 500 will be trapping close to 150. I would like to see a new red eye and 500 go at it. Red eyes have been low 9s @ high 140s with bolt ons .

My94GT

Established Member
I think all the new cars are impressive and in time the 500 will be trapping close to 150. I would like to see a new red eye and 500 go at it. Red eyes have been low 9s @ high 140s with bolt ons .
Should come out as a drivers race, and by that I mean likely who has better reaction time and who hooks better.

going to make for some entertaining viewing this spring and summer

Users who are viewing this thread