TSB for rear motor mount

TRBO VNM

Well, that was a total failure. The dealer didn't have the tool for the clutch line and had to go to another dealer to get it. Then I call and see the status about 2pm and they check and the tech hasn't touched it yet....yeah, there are about 4 or 5 other parts that could have been replaced. So I picked it up and they will call me when they have a loaner because I am sure it won't be done in a day. I asked the general manager when I bought the car off the record how the service dept was. He said average and that they were working on making it better...well, I experienced that average today. They should have know from the TSB what was required to do the job and I have had this scheduled for a week. Should have be ready to go and get it done without issue....so much for that.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I'm sure you can tell which one is a piece of crap and which one is much better.

rmm.jpg

TRBO VNM

Yeah, big difference just trying to push on both bushings.

That isn't all they replace. There are a couple other bushings/mounts, a bolt and one of the clutch lines.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Yeah, big difference just trying to push on both bushings.

That isn't all they replace. There are a couple other bushings/mounts, a bolt and one of the clutch lines.

Rear motor mount, one of the front mounts, roll restrictor, clutch line, and two bolts get replaced.

I printed up the TSB, and took it with me when I was scheduled to show it to one of the techs. One quick drive through their parking lot, and he was convinced. They have the parts on order, and I'm supposed to get a call when they come in.

I need to get my first oil change done, so I'll probably go up there later this week, I'll check on it then. Going to see about the TSB for the MFT as well.

Rob

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Finally, after arguing with the service advisor today and taking the technician for a ride they finally agreed that this was the tsb issue. However, he said the parts are on back order till the end of October. Guess its a waiting game now.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Finally, after arguing with the service advisor today and taking the technician for a ride they finally agreed that this was the tsb issue. However, he said the parts are on back order till the end of October. Guess its a waiting game now.

well, that sucks :(

I'm going in Monday for my oil change, I'm going to find out the status of my TSB parts at that time. If it's going to take awhile, I might just buy the Cobb RMM and install it, then when they tell me my parts are in, put the stock stuff back in it and get the TSB performed :p

TRBO VNM

Dealer called me yesterday to bring the car in today to get it done. Hopefully they complete it today.

openaccount

Established Member
STOP waiting people and get an aftermarket RMM.

This is the SAME issue the Mazdaspeed3 had. What is happening is the mount is so soft that the turbo is HITTING the firewall under hard shifts due to the engine rocking.

$100 motor mount solves the issue and helps everything. I bet the new mounts will still be too weak. Cobb, Jamesbaroneracing, etc... just pick one.

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member
The eFocus rear mount and replacing the front mount gets rid of 90% of the problem. Doing JUST the rear mount only solves 50% of the problem. Might as well let the factory do it for free, instead of spending my hard earned money, when I can buy other things.

Zhart

Established Member
The eFocus rear mount and replacing the front mount gets rid of 90% of the problem. Doing JUST the rear mount only solves 50% of the problem. Might as well let the factory do it for free, instead of spending my hard earned money, when I can buy other things.

I tried that route today and was told there is no factory replacement available yet. :shrug:

TRBO VNM

STOP waiting people and get an aftermarket RMM.

This is the SAME issue the Mazdaspeed3 had. What is happening is the mount is so soft that the turbo is HITTING the firewall under hard shifts due to the engine rocking.

$100 motor mount solves the issue and helps everything. I bet the new mounts will still be too weak. Cobb, Jamesbaroneracing, etc... just pick one.

My issue is the NVH that most people report with the other mounts. I am not interested in that with my daily driver and the manufacturer has come up with a solution that replaces more than just the RMM and is covered under warranty without the NVH issues. Glad I waited on that, although I did do the efocus mount once I got the car and now have that as a spare or to sell since they put the other one in from the TSB.

And other parts as well with the TSB

I tried that route today and was told there is no factory replacement available yet. :shrug:

Then you did something wrong. Did you bring in a copy of the TSB or at least tell them the TSB number and report the problem you are experiencing? Some dealers will just do the TSB, but they are supposed to experience the problem themselves to make sure it really exists. So hopefully with either the ESC on or off you are experiencing the problem. I would go back with the TSB info. It is there and has been for a month or longer now.

Last edited:

SVT Rob

Established Member

Then you did something wrong. Did you bring in a copy of the TSB or at least tell them the TSB number and report the problem you are experiencing? Some dealers will just do the TSB, but they are supposed to experience the problem themselves to make sure it really exists. So hopefully with either the ESC on or off you are experiencing the problem. I would go back with the TSB info. It is there and has been for a month or longer now.

Take them the TSB number and a printout. That's what I did. TRBO VNM is correct, the TSB was issued 6/10/2013. Which is why it's named 13-6-10.

My issue is the NVH that most people report with the other mounts. I am not interested in that with my daily driver and the manufacturer has come up with a solution that replaces more than just the RMM and is covered under warranty without the NVH issues. Glad I waited on that, although I did do the efocus mount once I got the car and now have that as a spare or to sell since they put the other one in from the TSB.

And other parts as well with the TSB

I'm with you on that. I bought the car to be a daily driver that I could have a little fun in. I'd rather the manufacturer/dealership take care of the inherent problems, instead of spending my money on something that should have been resolved before it was released. If it were going to be a play toy that ALL of the parts replaced in the TSB were going to be immediately upgraded, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm going to be one of the select few that keeps his Focus ST stock, aside from some performance all season tires, because I live in an area that sees snow.

TRBO VNM

Zhart appears to have done it correctly, just didn't appear so with his initial posts. Sounds like his dealer is giving him the runaround or isn't communicating properly.

TRBO VNM

Take them the TSB number and a printout. That's what I did. TRBO VNM is correct, the TSB was issued 6/10/2013. Which is why it's named 13-6-10.

I'm with you on that. I bought the car to be a daily driver that I could have a little fun in. I'd rather the manufacturer/dealership take care of the inherent problems, instead of spending my money on something that should have been resolved before it was released. If it were going to be a play toy that ALL of the parts replaced in the TSB were going to be immediately upgraded, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm going to be one of the select few that keeps his Focus ST stock, aside from some performance all season tires, because I live in an area that sees snow.

Wait, you see snow? I need to see where lehigh is. I am from south florida and went to school at FSU and never saw snow for 25yrs. I know they did get a freak yr or two where there were some flakes but that was it.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Wait, you see snow? I need to see where lehigh is. I am from south florida and went to school at FSU and never saw snow for 25yrs. I know they did get a freak yr or two where there were some flakes but that was it.

haha ... I'm working in Kansas City, MO. My family and house are still in Florida, but we're probably moving up here next summer when school is out, my wife is a school teacher.

Lehigh is north of Naples and East of Fort Myers. A dead zone of nothing. Which is why I took the job 1400 miles away from my family.

Rob

TRBO VNM

haha ... I'm working in Kansas City, MO. My family and house are still in Florida, but we're probably moving up here next summer when school is out, my wife is a school teacher.

Lehigh is north of Naples and East of Fort Myers. A dead zone of nothing. Which is why I took the job 1400 miles away from my family.

Rob

Ah ok. My wife's parents live in Naples. Mine are on the east coast in Jupiter.

Only reason I moved to MD was for work. It is pretty bad down there unless you are a doctor, lawyer, real estate or insurance agent. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread