TSB for rear motor mount

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
...im hearing from different birdies this will happen soon...anybody else catch wind of this also?

TRBO VNM

Read it over there this week or it started last week. Sounds like it will be a couple months before anything happens if it does. For the cost of the efocus mount and minimal labor time, I will do it myself. It was even rumored that new productions are getting the mount but I will believe it when I see it.

Swetrid

Established Member
Printable View (2357 KB)
TSB
13-6-10 BANG NOISE HEARD AND/OR BUMP FELT FROM FRONT OF VEHICLE DURING A QUICK 1-2 AND/OR 2-3 SHIFT - UNDER MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE ACCELERATION

Publication Date: June 10, 2013

FORD: 2013 Focus

ISSUE:
Some 2013 Focus ST vehicles may exhibit a bang noise and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift under moderate to aggressive acceleration.

ACTION:
Perform the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Raise the vehicle on a hoist. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-02.
Remove the lower air deflector by removing the three (3) fasteners. (Figure 1)
Remove the engine compartment splash shield by removing the eight (8) fasteners. (Figure 1)
Lower the vehicle.
Remove battery and battery tray. Refer to WSM, Section 414-01.
Position hydraulic floor jack with a wood block under transmission and raise only enough to support weight of transmission.
Do not attempt to lift the transmission or damage will occur.

Figure 1 - Article 13-6-10

Remove battery tray reinforcement by removing the four (4) fasteners. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - Article 13-6-10

Remove and discard the center fastener securing the transmission support insulator and remove the insulator.
Install revised service transmission support insulator and torque new center fastener to 148 N-m (109 lb-ft).
Replace the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic tube with revised service part. (Figure 3 - Item 12)
Bleed the clutch system. Refer to WSM, Section 308-02, general procedures, 6 speed manual transmissions.
Remove floor jack.
Install battery tray reinforcement with the four (4) fasteners and torque to 48 N-m (35 lb-ft). (Figure 2)
Install battery and battery tray, refer to WSM, Section 414-01.
Replace engine mount with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01B
If the three (3) engine mount studs loosen during engine mount removal, torque the three (3) engine mount studs to 17.5 N-m (13 lb-ft)

Figure 3 - Article 13-6-10

Replace roll restrictor with revised service part. Refer to WSM, Section 308-03.
When installing the engine compartment splash shield and lower air deflector, do not over tighten the fasteners or threads may be damaged.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
CM5Z-6068-A Roll Restrictor
DV6Z-7A512-B Clutch Line PTL
DV6Z-6038-B Engine Mount
DV6Z-6068-A Transmission Mount
W500361-S442 Bolt - Transmission Mount
W716238-S442 Bolt - Roll Restrictor
PM-20 Motorcraft® DOT 4 LV High Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
130610A 2013 Focus ST 2.0L GTDI: Replace Mounts And Clutch Hydraulic Cylinder Tube Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 1.8 Hrs

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
6068 42

NEMES1S

Established Member
Well I guess it is time to go back to the dealer. I have that crazy thumb or bump noise and feel.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Definitely need to get with the dealer on this one. I haven't taken it in once so far, been doing maintenance at home. If it's a TSB they have to do it without going to beat on it first to prove the issue is there, correct?

TRBO VNM

Depends on your dealer. Mine just asked what it was doing, I said it and then ordered the parts. Other dealers are asking to duplicate the problem, but most people are taking the tech or service writer for a ride and not letting someone else just drive it. Just talk to your dealer and go from there

Zhart

Established Member
My parts for this are on order, my local Ford dealership agreed to complete the TSB work. I took the mechanic for a ride and could not reproduce the knock noise from this TSB. I did hear it once from shifting 1-2. Just a waiting game now to the work done.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Heard it for the first time last night as it was my first time getting on it from 1st to 2nd.

Shifted from 1st to 2nd @ 5700rpms, and bammmmmm bammmmmm. My wife was said WTF was that. Not a good sounding noise and I didn't even shift at readline or power shift. Will be visiting ford this weekend

Zhart

Established Member
I had mine go boom one time, I now have the parts on order at the local Ford Dealership.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Got my service appt on Monday. I've also realized it happens alot easier in sport mode.

Moderate acceleration in sport mode causes the slam of the RMM

Heavy acceleration in regular mode causes the slam of the RMM

This is from my testing

TRBO VNM

I think it is the trans mount that most are waiting on. I am checking with my dealer this week to see if they can find out a status. They have all the other parts but the one trans mount.

SVT Rob

Established Member
My dealership claimed to know nothing about this, and the salesman heard it on my test drive. I'm going to enjoy the car for a few days, before I go in and get this resolved.

TRBO VNM

Apparently all my parts are there but the break fluid that they typically stock. So I need to figure out when I can bring it by.

TRBO VNM

My car is there today for the TSB. Will be interesting to see how it feels after and then looking forward to modding it now.

hoping they give me the new rear mount so I can get money back from the dealer since I already installed one.

Users who are viewing this thread