Trustworthy Shops/Tuners in CT area

S04T

Established Member
Hey guys I am going to be moving from Colorado to Shelton, CT in the next few months. I am going to leave the car in Colorado until I can find a place that has a garage. Does anyone know a trustworthy reputable shop for when I do bring the car out? I will be living roughly an hour southwest of Hartford. Thanks for the heads up guys, hopefuly meet some of ya soon. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely contact Dave. Actually he can do a lot of the work you might want done himself. He has a shop in Wallingford, which is about 45 minutes from Shelton. Great guy and he is one of the best mechanics I've ever met. Very careful with customer cars, too.

One shop that I can recommend for tuning is a shop Dave has used himself for tuning, EFI Logics, in Bethel. EFI Logics - About our Facility

One shop I don't recommend is Jannetty Racing Enterprises in Waterbury. My own experiences weren't all positive and I know of others who haven't been happy with them as well.

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
^ +1. I just got my car tuned at EFI Logics in Bethel a few weeks ago and I'm really pleased with the results. Their tuner Chris has been tuning Mustangs for a long time and really knows his stuff. They are very professional about their business. Feel free to PM If you have any questions about them.

S04T

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys, you're the best! Hopefully I can find a place that has a garage so I can get my car out right after I move.

scotmach

Established Member
contact dave(juiced46) he can set you up

Definitely contact Dave. Actually he can do a lot of the work you might want done himself. He has a shop in Wallingford, which is about 45 minutes from Shelton. Great guy and he is one of the best mechanics I've ever met. Very careful with customer cars, too.

One shop that I can recommend for tuning is a shop Dave has used himself for tuning, EFI Logics, in Bethel. EFI Logics - About our Facility

One shop I don't recommend is Jannetty Racing Enterprises in Waterbury. My own experiences weren't all positive and I know of others who haven't been happy with them as well.

^ +1. I just got my car tuned at EFI Logics in Bethel a few weeks ago and I'm really pleased with the results. Their tuner Chris has been tuning Mustangs for a long time and really knows his stuff. They are very professional about their business. Feel free to PM If you have any questions about them.

Chris@EFI. I feel very comfortable with him and he always does what is best for the car.

As stated here Dave (Juiced46) can do anything you want and you'll have zero issues, and Chris @ EFIlogics is a great tuner.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As stated here Dave (Juiced46) can do anything you want and you'll have zero issues, and Chris @ EFIlogics is a great tuner.

Hey Scott, how have you been? Haven't talked to you in a long time my friend. Hope all is well. ;-)

Yeah, Chris is a great tuner. EFI is fortunate to have him.

SVT GT

Established Member
You should also check out the Late Model Mustang Club of CT (LMMC-CT) web site which looks like most here in this thread are from lol. Bunch of helpful and friendly guys and gals on there with annual shows, cruises, track rentals, etc etc etc. Hope to see you on there sometime.

S04T

Established Member
Thanks for the info on LMMC-CT, I wont know anyone in the area when I make the move so that will be great to be able to meet some people that have the same passion about their Terminators that I do! :beer:

BLK93GT

Established Member
Didn't Chris used to tune at XX Tuning? I have not heard anything bad about him at all. Everything I have heard about Dez has been great as well. I don't know much about Jannety though.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Dave has always treated me well, with very reasonable prices and his work is second to none. As far as i'm concerned, Chris is a blow-hard. he blew me off after i spent thousands $$$ on tunes with him, including a tune that i payed full price for when he straped it on the dyno and made a half a pull and told me that i had something wrong with the car... and wouldn't give me the light of day. I called him months back when i got the car together, and he told me that he doesn't tune mustangs anymore. seems to be that he has tuned plenty of others since then. I'll admit, he knows his stuff, and i always said that he is the only person that would tune my car... untill he screwed me over. So much for appreciation for giving him business. Janetti is good from what everybody has said, but very pricey. After Chris blew me off, i went to Dez Racing because everybody that doesnt think Chris is god, thinks this guy is. Well, i dropped the car off with him for almost two weeks, and got it back running worse than it was when i dropped it off. Sorry to be the one to bear bad news, but that is my honest experience with local tuners. You have to understand that people that go to EFI will say he is the best, and people that go to DEZ claim he is the best... the bottom line is i havent had a good experience with anyone around here. good luck

SVT GT

Established Member
You can also try Bill at Mongillo Motors in New Haven CT for tuners. They are good / know what they are doing, very friendly an helpful, and deals with Mustangs and other muscle cars. The owner will tell it like it is and go out of his way for his customers. But like mentioned above "....You have to understand that people that go to EFI will say he is the best, and people that go to DEZ claim he is the best..." to each his own. I have experienced a few tuners here in CT. You may want or vist each shop and talk to the owners in person before making a decission.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A number of CT folks in this thread I have never seen. LMMC-CT is definitely a club worth looking into. It's been around for almost 10 years and well established. Very active, too.

Scott, glad you're doing well. Hopefully I'll get to see your Mach next year.

Users who are viewing this thread