True Forged aluminum tanks Spring Group Buy!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
theyre $60 shipped for a plain one. thats my cost on them. not sure we have any extras at the moment either.

you can send yours back and we can brush it for you for no charge. just cover the shipping. :beer:

When you say "brush it" you just remove the polish surface? It's not paint brushed right? lol

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
When you say "brush it" you just remove the polish surface? It's not paint brushed right? lol

correct lol. imagine an industrial strength brillo pad spinning at about 10,000 rpms. a cap that's been previously polished will look really nice when brushed. can do both caps for you. both fit in a $5 flat rate usps box

MalcolmV8

Established Member
correct lol. imagine an industrial strength brillo pad spinning at about 10,000 rpms. a cap that's been previously polished will look really nice when brushed. can do both caps for you. both fit in a $5 flat rate usps box

Sweet. Just one cap. Where do I ship it? You can PM me if need be.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sweet. Just one cap. Where do I ship it? You can PM me if need be.

send it to:

True Forged
10919 Sepulveda Blvd #7815
Mission Hills, CA 91346

put all your contact info and what we're doing to it on a piece of paper.

also your full name, username, cell and where to send it back to when done

MalcolmV8

Established Member
send it to:

True Forged
10919 Sepulveda Blvd #7815
Mission Hills, CA 91346

put all your contact info and what we're doing to it on a piece of paper.

also your full name, username, cell and where to send it back to when done

Thanks Steve. Shipped today. You'll have it Monday.

memacon

A2 Go Blue!!
Established Member
Steve, let me know when your next run is available. I just ordered satin hood vents and would be interested in "El Puto" on your next run. Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Steve, just getting to installing my intercooler reservoir and I see you used smaller than stock hose connections so none of my hoses fit? Why is that?

How is everyone connecting their hoses? I don't want to have a small hose off the tank and then size changing adapters to the larger stock hoses. Not only is that cumbersome but looks ugly.

I would have just cut the barbs off and welded on the correct size but I already prepped, painted and covered it in neoprene.

So what's the plan?

Thanks
Malcolm

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I used regular hose clamps on mine. I was lucky I had some in the garage.

You pinched down the stock hose to the smaller barb and clamped it on? That's a lot of squashing. My hose flops around on the barb its so much smaller.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You pinched down the stock hose to the smaller barb and clamped it on? That's a lot of squashing. My hose flops around on the barb its so much smaller.
I don't remember how much it flopped. But it was enough I was considering pulling the true forged tank off and putting the cantons back on until I figured something else out. But it hasn't leaked yet. So it's on the "I'll get around to it eventually" list. Some warning would've been nice though.

Cabbage

Established Member
I asked the same question this spring when I installed mine. They use a smaller barb so you just have to use hoes clamps and clamp it. I haven't had any issues. I found nice stainless steel clamps they look ok. I'd rather use the factory black ones but it's not an option.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Thanks. I'll have to search around and find something besides garden hose clamps so it doesn't look like a hack job lol.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wonder if those heat shrinking clamps would shrink small enough to seal? I've always liked those.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Oh, just looks like electrical heat shrink tubing. Cutting it off without cutting the hose would be tough. Interesting way to go.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've seen it on some cars and like how it looks. But yeah, I had concerns about removing it too.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
adjustable hose clamp is all you need.
we made the barb smaller so it would be easier to get the hose on and off. its never been an issue with leaking or anything.

we've since changed it though. its now the same size as stock.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
adjustable hose clamp is all you need.
we made the barb smaller so it would be easier to get the hose on and off. its never been an issue with leaking or anything.

we've since changed it though. its now the same size as stock.

Ah OK, wish I had newer style. I'll try just clamping it down. Be a few more days before I button up enough stuff to be there but hopefully that works. What about sliding a piece of smaller hose over the barb and then sliding the regular hose over that and clamping? So it does look all distorted and pinched down? Not sure if that would leak or not since its such low pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread