True Forged aluminum tanks Spring Group Buy!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here we go, Tax Season tanks Group Buy

theyre in the process of being made so there will be some waiting, depending on what you want. i do have 10 intercooler tanks in my hands already done though. for those that want just that tank.

i can take deposits to lock your place in. minimum $100 non-refundable deposit. and can give you some time to pay the balance in case youre waiting for you tax refund to show up

You do NOT need to buy both tanks.
If you do plan to eventually have both tanks in your car though, I do recommend getting them at the same time to ensure the finishes match (powder coating). The power companies have been known to change the formula and even discontinue the color.

In our quest to continually improve our products we have made some minor tweaks to the tanks yet again. I think we’re now on gen 5.7 lol
Not much done to the expansion tanks. We did make the outlet barb about 1” longer to help with the installation. We also moved the mounting brackets slightly to get them to sit in the radiator cover a little better.
The big changes were to the IC tanks. Well, somewhat big.
There is no more “ring around the cap”. We sunk the ring down lower into the box and slightly enlarged the cap so that it now hides the ring for a cleaner look. A little more like our expansion tanks. If you were a fan of the ring around the cap, especially when all black with a brushed ring, we have maybe one of those tanks left.
The other change is not that noticeable but is a big change for us in producing them. Before, we had a piece of aluminum cut out for the mounting bracket and then had the ends bent up. Now, we are using brackets cut from extruded aluminum for a nicer, cleaner look. They also have slightly nicer curves in them as well.
***WINDOW CAPS ARE NOW STANDARD ON ALL ORDERS***
It makes it much easier for us if we do ALL the caps with the window mod ahead of time in bulk. We’re able to get the cost down on that by doing so. So we’ll pass the savings on to you. we’re only raising the price $10 to cover it. It does take a little longer though depending on what finish you order for the caps as we have to add the “glass” after the finish has been done.

What hasn’t changed is the use of our proprietary billet aluminum screw on caps for the IC tank with accompanying billet cap wrench. These are the only tanks on the market with this and they wont turn to crap after a couple of years like the plastic fuel cell caps used on the other tanks. As well as being the only tanks to use real billet, machined barbs. Our tanks are also each individually pressure tested to over 35psi under water.

SOME NEW OPTIONS!
For the first time EVER we have are having a pair of caps CHROMED! They are supposed to be ready any day now. I will post pics when they are done. We’re hoping they come out great so we can continue to offer this option. I wont post anything on pricing yet until we see the final results. Its not cheap, but it is CHROME!!
Textured black finish. We’ve never offered this before. Not sure why lol. Probably because its so similar to wrinkle black and too many options can get confusing for you guys and me, and the powder coating shop! Turns out though that textured black matches the TVS finish. PLUS, we can use paint in the engraving with textured black. That can’t be done with wrinkle black.

If you have an upgraded blower or plan to plan accordingly:
Kenne Bell = satin black
Whipple = wrinkle black
TVS = textured black

PAYMENTS:
Keep in mind that while the price may seem higher than you’ve seen before, its actually the standard retail price, just without any discounts. Im not going to ask for fees for PP or CC which means I eat $20 out of each sale (approx.).
Personal Check (US only)
Money Order/Cashiers Check (US only)
Paypal
Cash
Credit Card (Visa, MC, Discover. NO AMEX)
Bank wire transfer

HOW TO ORDER & PAY
Post up what you want. In detail. And how you plan to pay for it.
I will quote your post with an amount.
If you want to send PP post your PP email address and I will shoot you an invoice via PP.
If by CC, you can call me with the info at 818-357-2531 M-F 9am-5pm PST. If I don’t answer, leave a message and I will return your call. If you plan to call me with CC info, please post up what you want before you do so. So I can have a heads up on what you plan to order.

Do NOT PM ME asking me for a quote. My inbox fills up really fast and then people’s PMs start getting rejected.
You CAN pm me on FB if you have an account. I often chat with members on there. My account is Steve At True Forged. If we’re not friends im probably friends with one of your friends so that’s an easy way to find me.
Once your payment is received your name will be added to the list. Then and only then. The spots are up for grabs until then.

AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS:
**For those of you who can send me a personal check or MO for the payment in full asap, I will shave $20 off the pair of tanks, or $10 off one tank, since im not paying a fee on it. So technically there is an available discount on the table still for everyone. **If you do plan to mail me a check or MO I will require a $20 non-refundable PP deposit to hold your spot on the list. once your check/MO arrives, i will refund the $20.

**For those who are local and come pick them up in person, you can save the cost in shipping.

***. I will offer $10 off to Military vets and active duty. No proof required. Just post that you are military and status and you will get it.

***also if you have ever purchased a set of TF wheels NEW directly from TF you get an additional $20 off.
I do not mind eating a few dollars for our service members or for our wheel customers. :beer:

SHIPPING:
To keep things simple and easy for everyone I am going to do a flat shipping rate across the US48.
$30 shipping for both tanks which covers the actual cost of shipping plus shipping supplies.
$25 shipping for just the expansion tank. It uses the same large box as shipping the pair of tanks
$20 shipping for just the intercooler reservoir tank
$40 to ship the Puto tank
**Canadian, Hawaiian, Alaskan, PR and APO i will need to get shipping info to get you an accurate quote.

PRICING:

Intercooler Reservoirs:
the basic cost of the ICE TANKS is $260
what do you get for $260??
-the ice tank in a nice brushed finish (standard)
-the aluminum tank cap in natural machined finish (standard)
-the custom made billet aluminum cap wrench (now standard!)
-drainc0ck

Expansion Tanks:
The basic cost of the EXPANSION TANKS is $270
what do you get for $270??
-the expansion tank in brushed finish (standard)
-the billet aluminum radiator cap cover in natural machined finish (THE only tank on the market to come with one and before anyone asks, yes, this goes over your stock radiator cap. You need the stock cap for the built in pressure release valve.

El Puto Grande!
New for 2014 we can now offer the option of having both tanks welded together as one, giant unit, aka El Puto Grande! The tanks are welded together and then the welds are smoothed out for a nice, clean look. This is quite a bit of work as he then has to go back and grind and sand and buff till its nice and smooth. we’ve had to raise the cost on this option to $50 which also covers the oversized packaging needed.
*due to the welding we can only offer this option in a powder coated finish. The welding line is visible if polished or just brushed due to the heat of the welding. Brushed with double tint might work. Haven’t done one yet. The tint is dark so it should be fine.
*the bracket is pre-bent but is not exact. There will be some slight manipulation involved but it may be even easier with the two tanks as one.

FINISHES:
you can get either the tank finished, the cap finished, or BOTH.
For example, you can have the tanks done in crinkle black and leave the caps in natural machined finish.
Or crinkle black tanks with polished caps, or the caps powder coated to match.
With every finish we offer, the vendors do charge more to do the expansion tanks than the intercooler tanks due to the size of them. But I keep the price the same to keep it simple for everyone and try to help keep the costs down.

powdercoating/polishing:
pc colors for the below rate include:
textured black
gloss black,
crinkle black,
satin black,
flat black,
anthracite (gloss or matte),
anodized silver (gloss and satin),
white (gloss or matte),
torch red (gloss or matte).
Double tint
Clear coating (gloss or matte)
Polishing (can take quite a while to have done, but the price is damn good!)
**we can clear coat brushed tanks & caps but NOT polished tanks or caps. WAAAY too much hassle.
$30 for the tank (each)
$10 for the cap (each)

since the PUTO is one big piece im sure we can cut that down to $50 for powder coating the whole thing instead of $30x2

If you have an upgraded blower or plan to plan accordingly:
Kenne Bell = satin black or gloss black
Whipple = wrinkle black
TVS = textured black

We can also send the tanks to you media blasted and ready for paint if you want to do your own thing for no charge.

here's the new cap powder coating option i just had done for a customer with crinkle black tanks for an OW cobra. we took a standard machined cap and had the recessed areas powder coated in matte white. then the whole thing was cleared with a matte clear coat. it costs $25 per cap (for standard colors). --includes the $10 powder coating fee listed above
to have the cap polished first it would be $35 per cap.

tankcaps_zps663595ab.jpg

Custom Engraving:
Custom CNC engraving is now available such as SVT, the snake, and build numbers. as well as just about anything else. $25 per image.

We can now offer oem paint matching in the engraving! This is an additional $20 per tank. They use a very special machine to do this. Its not just smear some paint on it and go.
For some colors we will need a bottle of touch up paint as our engraver cannot match it. Colors that he can match are torch red, comp orange, white and black. For ZY, SY, SB, DSG, MG, the silvers and Redfire we would need a bottle of touch up paint. You can send us one if you have one and we’ll send it back or we’ll just obtain a bottle.
We’re about to try MC using a bottle of MC touch up paint for the first time. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.

We can do this with textured black, satin black, polished, brushed and other colored tanks except wrinkle black.
Engraving is not recommend for tanks with a glossy finish. The machine cuts through the clear and it can chip around the edges. We can have it done, but no guarantees against chipped edges.

**engraving takes a while. PLUS, we have to have multiple tanks done at the same time in order to get this pricing. So if you want engraving, be prepared to wait. Everyone’s tanks have to be done at the same time. So you may have to wait for certain finishes to be done and then have to wait for the engraver(s) to do their thing.
They do look ****ing amazing though! lol

If you’d like to see some specific engraving examples, please email me at [email protected] and let me know what your username is, and what you’d like to see. if you do NOT order tanks in the GB you cannot get the custom etching at this price. these prices are based on bulk jobs. In fact it may not be available at all outside of doing a bulk job.

**Tips and Tidbits**

*we can no longer support those with buyers remorse. If you decide you don’t like the tanks or are don’t like something about the tanks there will be a minimum 25% restocking fee in addition to the cost of shipping the tanks back. If your set has really custom options then there are no refunds. I personally inspect and package each and every tank before they are shipped out. If I personally allow the tanks to go out and you find something in the finish you do not like you are being too picky. 100% perfection is not possible with powder coating, polishing or brushing. Especially with delicate finishes with satin finishes or glossy clears. If they were painted, you could buff out any issues (except satin paints) but that’s not quite possible with powder coating, which is far more durable then paint. I myself am picky. I often have the shop redo the finish multiple times till I am satisfied. Gloss black is especially tough.

*if you experience a slight leak in your stock expansion tank cap, it may be time for a new one. These caps are now 10+ years old. They go bad over time. If you have a new cap and still have a slight leak, take a sheet of sand paper and wrap it around a block of wood and scuff the top of threaded part in a flat motion. The slightest little nick in the metal can allow a leak. This can happen just from handling the tank without being noticeable to the naked eye.

*if you experience a leak in your IC tank there may be a few reasons. Did you overfill your tank? You do not need to fill it to the top. Leave an inch or two of space. As the water heats up it expands and will rise. This may be something you have to play with a little. If your tank is leaking while the car is idling then your system may be pressurized which is not normal. Something may be malfunctioning in your cooling system somewhere. Usually it’s the IC pump. If its not working properly the coolant will overheat and begin to pressurize.

*Each tank is pressure tested to 30+ psi and air is thinner than water. If the cap is on tight then water should not be leaking out at all. A likely culprit is the cap was put on wrong. It needs to be flat. The best way to put your cap on is to put it in place and rotate it counter-clockwise until you hear a click. Then rotate it clockwise until hand tight. Use your cap wrench to tighten it a bit more. It does not need to be retard-strength tight!

*We have recently started including a spare O ring for the IC tanks. With repeated removal of the cap the O ring can eventually go bad. Now you have an extra on hand from the get go. If the O ring is bad, it can cause a leak. We pre-lube the O ring with grease to keep it from drying out. If you place the new O ring on, do the same. We also put anti-seize on the threads to keep the cap from “freezing” shut. If, over time, it disappears, it’s a good idea to slap some back on there. We use copper based anti-seize. Do not get this stuff on your clothes, trust me.

*we pre-bend the IC tanks bracket ever so slightly in attempt to get your pair of tanks to line up flush. You may need to manipulate the IC tank once installed if you want the flush look. Once tightened down you can put your weight on the back of the tank (pushing down) to bend it a little more. You can push and pull on it as much as needed. Don’t worry, you wont break that bracket. If you do, ill eat one lol.

*we use slightly smaller barbs for the inlets and outlets to make it easier to slip the hoses on. You may need to use an adjustable hose clamp on it now.

Intercooler Reservoir Tank
1. Jojomofo21
2. ajt9229
3. martinberdine
4. rz5.0
5. SOVAcobra03
6. Dominican_7
7. Awaddy5
8. Givens
9. SFSN8KE
10. Steve Ross
11. TPeezy24
12. Delly
13. rtvickers
14. P. Davis
15. local
16. local
18. R. Helton
19. MalcolmV8
20. J Hoffman

Expansion Tank
1. Jojomofo21
2. ajt9229
3. martinberdine
4. rz5.0
5. SOVAcobra03
6. Dominican_7
7. Awaddy5
8. Givens
9. SFSN8KE
10. Steve Ross
11. TPeezy24
12. Delly
13. rtvickers
14. P. Davis
15. local
16. local

Putos!
1. Jojomofo21
2. SOVAcobra03
3. Dominican_7
4. Delly

the new window cap
10923318_1509812812640336_3389949030544698175_n_zpsaca42d0c.jpg

windowcap_zpsc2a1fe08.jpg

10931102_1509846902636927_8966639915429785061_n_zps7f31826e.jpg

*cash not included lol

the new bracket
3_zpse5943176.jpg

8_zps98deadde.jpg

5_zpsd34da4cf.jpg

BILLET barbs
9x_zps8b59e2ce.jpg

9_zpsd3c23217.jpg

Billet cap wrenches
wrenches_zpse9b06e29.jpg

El Puto Grande!!
10411073_1482292158725735_1757263599931491091_n_zps4529ad91.jpg

10649610_1482292255392392_3151438520759718405_n_zpsa044cbf6.jpg

10603256_1482292472059037_2898013179936430827_n_zps450bb033.jpg

1_zps0154001e.jpg

2_zps4d42913e.jpg

fully polished tanks that just showed up at one member house
10806473_10205822858280173_4437426247988807486_n_zps9f52b722.jpg

installed in a customers car
Tboogie_zps22cc6fbe.jpg

Bdubb's video if his installed in his car with pump running so you can see the coolant flow. he says you can see it with the hood closed! though he didnt have a flashlight on hand
[youtube_browser]jsFiKbHN-V4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
ok...just making sure this group buy doesn't include old caps that want to get machined with the window option....

thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok...just making sure this group buy doesn't include old caps that want to get machined with the window option....

thanks

no not yet but probably in the next month. we're going to need more soon

Users who are viewing this thread