Tread Life with NT05's

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
What are you guys seeing with the NT05's in terms of mileage? How long can I expect them to last? The car is not my daily, but I want to still get some decent life out of the tires.

I need to figure out what I'm doing for tires soon...

Thanks!
John

racebronco2

Established Member
I just bought a set, they are almost as good as the nto1's. I would guess around 10,000 miles .... but if you like going around corners alot less.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
ok, someone told me to expect to only get a few thousand, I thought that seemed odd...

How are they in the rain? I may be selling my DD and looking for something else closer to winter so this would be my only car for the summer...

Ray Lucca

Established Member
The 05's are great in the rain, I know because I got caught twice, and no problems. I did slow down and took it easy. I have had mine about 9 months and they are wearing well.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i wonder if they gave you the treadlife advice thinking of the NT05R's...

But looking at mine, i dont think the R's will last longer than 2k.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
That's what I am thinking. SO they are good in the rain, and I can expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15K miles out of them with mild driving.

Thanks for the info guys!!! I think I've made my decision, now I just need to get the 10.5 rears first! I have a price on all 4 nt05's for $816 mounted, balanced, and taxed!

Jefe

Established Member
I drove the piss out of my NT05s until I hit 7500 miles and found 3 nails in one of them. I would of gotten at least 10k street miles. Absolutely incredible in the rain for being a sticky tire with no tread

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
very cool Jefe...I'd be happy with that I think lol...

I'm at just shy of 14K miles on my OEM Eagle F1's and the rears are just about done, fronts have maybe another 1000 miles left in em.

pony23

Established Member
My NT05's are coming in on Friday. Can't wait to get them. Hope they last a while, time to put them to the test.

svt2712

Established Member
very cool Jefe...I'd be happy with that I think lol...

I'm at just shy of 14K miles on my OEM Eagle F1's and the rears are just about done, fronts have maybe another 1000 miles left in em.

going from the f1's to the NT05's is going to be dramatic for you
you are going to wish you changed over sooner:rolling:

I F'in hate the F1's but i am very hard on tire's. Tires are like changing the oil to me.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I love my NT05's but Ive had them for a month, so no real mileage yet. I will say that they hook good for me, not in first but second gear + is GTG.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I have 5 track days and some street driving on mine and they are still looking good. Probably 70-75% left on them. These tires are awesome.

Last edited:

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Very cool guys, thanks for all the responses! I would love to get them with the 17x10.5 rears, but AM is out of stock...anywhere else I can get them because I need tires badly.

Worst case scenario I mount the 315s on the stockers untill the wheels are back in stock at AM...

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Where can I get in touch with them? No phone number listed on their site. Are they on here?

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
Getting the NT05's put on mine on Friday at discount tire here locally. I am running AFS 10.5's in the rear now, and having a time with the GY GS D3's hitting the frame, bolt and everything without spacers. That will be in another thread.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
AFS 17x10.5 Machined R. Wheels with Nitto 315x35x17 05's, with the MM Sub-frame Bolts [$10.00]. No Rub, No Spacers needed. Contact Julio for the SVT Deal....Good Luck!!!

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
AFS 17x10.5 Machined R. Wheels with Nitto 315x35x17 05's, with the MM Sub-frame Bolts [$10.00]. No Rub, No Spacers needed. Contact Julio for the SVT Deal....Good Luck!!!

no rub even with the suspension at full droop? Are these Nitto NT05's or 555s? Mine still hit the bolt with the suspension at full droop, and thats with the MMS bolts.

I just got mine today, NT05s and took a pick. I am going to start a new thread with how often is the supsension at full droop when driving, I would think hardly ever, and want to run them without spacers.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've run 315/35 nt05's (the regular 200 rated tire, r is 0 i believe) for probably 8000 miles on 10.5" replica rims. no spacers and no rubbing (at least the inside of my tires still look fine after 10 months). my car is dropped with h&r race springs. these nitto nt05s are the best nitto tire i've ever seen, they wear very good for the dry traction capability and the rain driving is more than adequate. and they are also about 1/4" wider than a 555r in the same size (315/35/17). "true" 315s

IMG_2333.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread