Tread Life with NT05's

Jefe

Established Member
Some people like their car to turn... If you're going to run crappy tires up front and sticky ones in the back for straight line traction purposes only, just go straight to a drag radial.
The guy has F1s right now so clearly this is a street car. If it was an autocross car only then yes, by all means get NT05s on all 4 corners. On the street your rear end will swing out before you notice a difference from the 555s and NT05s up front. Not like anyone takes corners at 60+ on the street

And NT05s beat just about every drag radial on the market

Last edited:

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Correct. This is a street car, might take it to the drag strip once or twice for shits and grins, but eventually I would like to track it at Road America, then I will need the NT05s up front for sure!!!

The AntiRice

Established Member
i just bought a set of the nt05rs in a 315 and they hook so much better than the 315 nt555rs i had before. lol they are horrible in the rain though.

100_0945.jpg

100_0936.jpg

RcodeStang

Established Member
The guy has F1s right now so clearly this is a street car. If it was an autocross car only then yes, by all means get NT05s on all 4 corners. On the street your rear end will swing out before you notice a difference from the 555s and NT05s up front. Not like anyone takes corners at 60+ on the street

And NT05s beat just about every drag radial on the market

I think you need to chill with the loud pedal then, front grip is a BIG problem with mustangs. And I know plenty of people who hit 60+ on exit ramps.

Users who are viewing this thread