Trading for cobra

Piedpiper

Established Member
Thinking of trading in my 2013 gt with 57000 miles in on a 2004 screaming yellow cobra with 44000 miles, anything I should look for, and is it a good idea.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Daily driver? I'm guessing that based on your GT's mileage. So if you intend to daily drive an '04 Cobra that might not be the best choice. You CAN, but you're back-stepping in technology and ride comfort.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Is your GT an auto or stick? Is it modded? Ever think about slapping on a TVS on top of that coyote? 6r80 TVS combo is a mean bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Piedpiper

Established Member
6 speed manual that locks you out of third lol

Attachments

• d7e756960057470b947d8391a2af0fbf.jpg
    d7e756960057470b947d8391a2af0fbf.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 241

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Daily driver? I'm guessing that based on your GT's mileage. So if you intend to daily drive an '04 Cobra that might not be the best choice. You CAN, but you're back-stepping in technology and ride comfort.

This. I love my Terminator but I could never daily drive it. They're awesome weekend cars but, as Bob stated above, you're going to miss the comfort and tech that your '13 has.

If I was in your position I would trade in for the 3rd gen. Coyote. Those cars are just flat out impressive and the options are great.

dom418

Established Member
Are they reliable? Hell yes. For a DD there’s no way. You’re driving a 14 year old car with zero creature comforts, I mean how are you going to talk on your phone with no Bluetooth lol? The shifter position sucks and they just aren’t all that comfortable when you’re stuck in traffic.

I own a SB and CO coupe and love these cars more than anyone, but you have to take them for what they are.

Buy a reliable daily and the Terminator and you’ll be most happy.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Red connectors are -an fittings attached to each fuel rail with Stainless braided hose, it's not a factory piece. And it's fuel.

It's really your call. But since your asking.

The very first thing I do when thinking about trading is evaluate what each cost/sells for. check KBB and others for trade in value. So I know I'm not getting hosed.

As said you are going backwards in tech, comfort, lighting, safety ect.

I have thought about trading my cobra for a 13/14 gt with the 6r80 and quickly thought no. It would have to be a pretty bad ass gt, for me to think about it some more.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Well... if you are tough enough to daily an “old uncomfortable car” I say do it. Looks at this way. Your cars 10 years newer than the cobra and the cobra is worth the same amount as the GT if not more. The GT will continue to drop in price where as these cobras have sorta plateaued and will remain at these prices if not raise in the future. It’s getting difficult to find clean examples of an 03/04 cobra. With some simple basic mods, these cars can be turned into monsters. If you have e85 available near you, their potential is even greater.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
eww yellow lol. but keep that cobra in the garage and get you a 02-04 mustang gt, they ran around 3-5k now a day for DD.

Piedpiper

Established Member
Well... if you are tough enough to daily an “old uncomfortable car” I say do it. Looks at this way. Your cars 10 years newer than the cobra and the cobra is worth the same amount as the GT if not more. The GT will continue to drop in price where as these cobras have sorta plateaued and will remain at these prices if not raise in the future. It’s getting difficult to find clean examples of an 03/04 cobra. With some simple basic mods, these cars can be turned into monsters. If you have e85 available near you, their potential is even greater.

Used to daily a 92 lx, cant be worse than that haha

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Used to daily a 92 lx, cant be worse than that haha

A lot of people will say it’s not a good daily. They’re spoiled yuppies, don’t listen to them. Cobras have a sweet sound system thanks to a howling Eaton and a sweet catback of your choice. It’s not like it’s a 4 speed car with no AC and 4:10 gears, manual locks/windows and manual steering and brakes. I’d daily a cobra if it was my only way of getting into a cobra. I daily’d mine when it was a 12k mile car for 8 months and the only reason I stopped daily’ing it was because the miles were racking up faster than I liked. But I mean it has all the basic necessities that you need. Radio, heat/ac, power locks/windows. If your worried about blue tooth capability’s, upgrade the head unit, problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread