Trading for cobra

Piedpiper

Established Member
They only want to give me 16,000 for my 2013 GT with 57480 miles and they wont budge on the 29,000 for the cobra.
20171229_102538.jpg

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Trade in seems maybe a little on low end and the Cobra seems on the high end. But the difference between owning a GT and owning a Cobra. One will hold value, the other will continue to drop.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Don't know how old all you guys are but I will say this. I just turned 51 i am fighting for my boys 15 and 12 who had me, their father ripped out of their lives by false allegations. Family courts are biased as F**K against men! So with that being said if your going to compare low miles to women, like I said in my other post ride her like you stole her, mod her for your pleasure (.)(.), then if she betrays you sell her for a younger model my new one 18yrs younger

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'm currently going through a similar situation. Luckily I still am able to have them every other weekend, but its guilty until proven innocent when women make a claim against men. Especially during a divorce. Disgusting.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Just know this! High mileage Terminators are hard to sell. Everyone holds out for the lowest mileage they can find. High mileage Cobras have the same value as a bar whore. Everyone wants a ride, but no one wants to commit.

mehh I'll clean up the leftovers

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
They only want to give me 16,000 for my 2013 GT with 57480 miles and they wont budge on the 29,000 for the cobra.View attachment 1516492

That’s like low mileage (<15k miles) MC/CO pricing. Sharp looking coyote btw. Just put a twin disc clutch, an E85 rated fuel system and a tvs and proceed to hurt feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
mehh I'll clean up the leftovers

That's what I did. Bought a Vert with 75K on the clock and gave it some TLC.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/and-the-winner-is.1108428/

OP, 29K for a Cobra is crazy high right now. I'm on the fence on how I feel about that price though. On one hand it is typical dealership BS pricing and ripping you off on trade in value. On the other hand if Cobras are going for 29K that could be good for me since I own 2 of them :D.........

01yellercobra

Established Member
LOL, I agree that creature comforts are not needed. I have a thread where I ask what people listen to while cruising their Terminator. 90% said the exhaust/supercharger whine. Who needs radios, A/C, electric adjustable seats with heating or cooling, hands free devices when ALL you need is exhaust notes and supercharger whine. Based on those responses 90% of people here should be driving their Cobra everyday. I used to when I first bought it, but like most, wanted to keep the miles off. However, if my DD goes down for maintenance I have no problem daily driving my Cobra until my true DD gets repaired :D.............

I'll agree that they're not needed, but they are nice. Especially when dealing with traffic and odd weather. I have no issues driving my Cobra multiple times per week. I drove it to work today. However, I enjoy my heated/cooled seats, Bluetooth, etc. in my truck which is my normal daily driver. More than once I've thought about driving the Cobra to work and then realized it was a heavy traffic day or it was going to be close to 100 degrees. I hung up the Cobra keys and jumped into the truck.

I'll add that I daily drove my 01 for close to a decade. From stock up to having a big bore stroker with a D1. It was a fun daily.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m gonna have to add the 5.2 voodoo into that mix as well. I don’t get it, sounds like crap to me... ‍♂️

100% - it's better then a Coyote, but it's no 2v, 4v, 3v or SBF... let alone a flat-plane Ferrari V8.

Whatever Ford is doing to these engines to make power (Heads), they are butchering the sound. Even the V6 sounds like crap. Ecoboost 4-banger is horrfic when you compare it to a Honda or 4g63.

blownfox

Established Member
OP, I had good friend drive my car (2.76 pulley and exhaust) and he had 13 gt with FBO. He sold his gt and bought a 03 Cobra 2 months later. However, it was not is DD.

As others have mentioned coyote cars sound terrible but they do "drive" better. IMO the 03/04 Cobra is a good balance between muscle car feel with modern reliability . There are a handful for members that have over 150K on their cobras.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
The Cobra will hold value to the owner...... Issue is the 29,000 Is not a value to a buyer at that price.

I don't think they will fetch that much $ $$$ for that color. The 04 does tend to go for a slight bit more over the 03 but 29 firm is big money.

Keep us posted if they move on it! What are the reasons they are giving you for not moving on their price?

MaxxdSVT

Established Member
I've had mine for 2 years. Bought from original owner with 33k. Unfortunately, I work alot so I've only put about 2k miles on it. Stays garaged and I tell u what, I get as much satisfaction wiping her down or waxing it as I do driving it. I would trade for a terminator in a heartbeat if I were u... Lol. I've owned a few GTs from different body styles and there is nothing like a termi. I get so much love everywhere I take it. I love driving it, but would definitely not daily it only cause I see it just as much a piece of art as a badass machine. When I do take it out though u better believe I have that bitch screaming!
20180701_122330.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Piedpiper

Established Member
I've had mine for 2 years. Bought from original owner with 33k. Unfortunately, I work alot so I've only put about 2k miles on it. Stays garaged and I tell u what, I get as much satisfaction wiping her down or waxing it as I do driving it. I would trade for a terminator in a heartbeat if I were u... Lol. I've owned a few GTs from different body styles and there is nothing like a termi. I get so much love everywhere I take it. I love driving it, but would definitely not daily it only cause I see it just as much a piece of art as a badass machine. When I do take it out though u better believe I have that bitch screaming! View attachment 1516760

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Gorgeous

Piedpiper

Established Member
The Cobra will hold value to the owner...... Issue is the 29,000 Is not a value to a buyer at that price.

I don't think they will fetch that much $ $$$ for that color. The 04 does tend to go for a slight bit more over the 03 but 29 firm is big money.

Keep us posted if they move on it! What are the reasons they are giving you for not moving on their price?
Will do, they say its market price.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had mine for 2 years. Bought from original owner with 33k. Unfortunately, I work alot so I've only put about 2k miles on it. Stays garaged and I tell u what, I get as much satisfaction wiping her down or waxing it as I do driving it. I would trade for a terminator in a heartbeat if I were u... Lol. I've owned a few GTs from different body styles and there is nothing like a termi. I get so much love everywhere I take it. I love driving it, but would definitely not daily it only cause I see it just as much a piece of art as a badass machine. When I do take it out though u better believe I have that bitch screaming!

Where are you from

Users who are viewing this thread